More Coach Davies Renegades

Coach, please post the workouts-- I am finally getting used to the volume!

Basic workout//Sprints @ 75%, set 1 110,110,110, set 2 110, 110 x 2, 110, set 3 110 x 2, 110, 110 x 2 set 4 same as set 2, set 5 same as set 1 - rest 45 seconds, rest 2 minutes & repeat//Rope routine - 3 minute rounds, rounds 1-3 60 pushups, rounds 4-6 15 dips//GPP: jumping jacks, pushups, mtn. climbers. 5 sets//Strength: Plyo pushups (use 3 plates stacked) 30 seconds on 60 seconds off - 5 sets, Dumbell Floor press 3 sets x 1-3 with 60 seconds rest, Plate raise 3 x 15, Int/Ext 3 x 15, Tricep Ext 3 x 5-7//Sled or Truck push 15 minutes // Have fun - In faith, Coach Davies

I haven’t gone anywhere coach…don’t stop posting the workouts.

Coach keep them coming and could you send that program to my e-mail please. i know u’r busy but i finally got somewhere and kinda need it.
thanx FFB

Keep them coming, Coach! I am just beginning but I will catch up! - Matt

Coach Davies, a friend suggested I visit this site because I have an eleven year old son in football. I believe he could benefit from a variation of your program. Do you have anything geared toward someone that young? Thanks in advance.

Do you all realize that Coach Davies has given us daily workouts now for 4 and half weeks. Thanks Coach for your time and for sharing your knowledge with the T-Mag Renegades. I am starting today with the first workout you posted and I am can’t wait!!! Thanks again - Matt

Ya coach keep them coming, we really appreciate this.

Coach, I purchased your program from infinity fitness so I have that to go off of but alot of the guys here don’t so I too am asking that you keep posting workouts b/c I will be finishing your 8 week plan in 7 weeks and I will need something else to do when that time comes.

there is no such thing as “new” kegs, there are 1/4, 1/2 and if you can find them whole kegs. if anyone acts like there are “new” kegs and they act like they use kegs alot tell them where to go. I would think people who CLAIM to know what they are talking about would know that.

Hey, all, I need to give some credit to GREG from the Dinosaur Training thread. Head over there and read what he’s got to say about making sand bags. I thought it was great and just wanted to make sure more people caught it! Read the whole thread. I think his idea just increased about ten-fold the number of things I thought I could do with one. Thanks, GREG!

where does a comment like that come from ? I think Chris and I were offering help regarding finding kegs for someone interested. If you are referring to myself, my kegs are extremely old (maybe 10+ years in use)but I always assume that the one’s that people buy are new. I appreciate this thread being a friendly interaction and hope we can keep it that way, so everyone can enjoy. In faith, Coach Davies

A pleasure to hear from you sir - Actually, I was just retained by a private academy in the South to development there entire K-12 phys ed and sports development program. I would be pleased to discuss tailoring something for your son. Feel free to email me (it is found at the end of the articles I have written). In faith, Coach Davies

Today’s session: kbell 2 hand x 25 with 45 seconds rest perform 4 sets//rope work; 5 minute rounds with 30 situps - perform 4 rounds//GPP; jumping jacks, shuffle splits, vertical jumps, slalom jumps - 9 sets continuous. Have fun, In faith Coach Davies

Coach, glad to hear you’re working with the schools in developing decent phys. ed. programs. The PE classes were terrible back when I was in school.

it is a pretty exciting opportunity because they have asked me to redesign the entire approach from when the kids arrive in kindergarten to grade 12. We are going to put out some serious athletes. In faith, Coach Davies

Coach Davies, feel free to direct me elsewhere if you have already covered this question. How often do you switch your athletes to high volume? I just came off of a 4 week high volume scheme, and was wondering where I should go from here. I have critiqued my physique and my arms are dropping way behind. Calves could also use some major growth. Thanks in advance.

Hey coach, I am very interested in hearing more about your ideas on training for the k-12 kids. I have 3 sons ages 8, 6, and 1 year old. The 6 year old already does handstands and walks on his hands. The one year old is a phenom - he could pull himself to a standing position at 5 months and has incredible core strength. He also likes to hang on things by his hands. I am very interested in developing active play routines that will develop their athleticism and teach them to really enjoy physical activity. BTW, I really appreciate all of the posts on renegade training. I have been slowly incorporating your trainings ideas into my own and enjoy them. I am looking forward to starting your full routines whenever I return from a vacation at the end of the month.

Justin the coach’s training is all high volume i think, though could be corrected. also i have found that when i switched over to this style of training my calves grew cosiderably also traps, forearms and arms, i am also became a great deal leaner without changing my diet, then when i went on the fat fast, i just became super lean almost instantly.you will become super fit in no time at all.

happy training and productive workouts

Chris, what size water barrel did you end up getting from the surplus stores. The 15 gallon looks fine to start with (weighs 125lbs when filled with water) but the 30 gallon looks more like what I should after because you can leave it only 1/2 full and get more of a slosh effect.

What are your thoughts?