More and More Betas at My Gym

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]smallmike wrote:
If there is a guy at work that other people can’t stand, then that guy is likely an Alpha.

The Alpha wolf in the pack is the one who stares the others down, takes whatever he wants first, and generally behaves like a giant asshole to the other wolves.[/quote]
To my knowledge, the idea of an alpha wolf mistreating the members of his pack simply isn’t true. Every wolf has a job and is committed to their role. It’s usually cycles of social stability and brief mutiny.[/quote]

You think he was describing himself or was he thinking about a guy that he knows?

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]smallmike wrote:
If there is a guy at work that other people can’t stand, then that guy is likely an Alpha.

The Alpha wolf in the pack is the one who stares the others down, takes whatever he wants first, and generally behaves like a giant asshole to the other wolves.[/quote]
To my knowledge, the idea of an alpha wolf mistreating the members of his pack simply isn’t true. Every wolf has a job and is committed to their role. It’s usually cycles of social stability and brief mutiny.[/quote]

You think he was describing himself or was he thinking about a guy that he knows?[/quote]
LOL hopefully the latter. No one with good sense would ever say this within the context of the former in person because they know how stupid it sounds (and is).

LOL @ beta and alpha terminology. I bet that 9 out of 10 people who use those terms are seeing themself as alphas
and that they use those terms too compensate for a low-self esteem, small dick syndrom etc.

[quote]florelius wrote:
LOL @ beta and alpha terminology. I bet that 9 out of 10 people who use those terms are seeing themself as alphas
and that they use those terms too compensate for a low-self esteem, small dick syndrom etc.

[/quote]

So which are you?

Now look at the corner you have painted yourself in to haha

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

So which are you?

Now look at the corner you have painted yourself in to haha[/quote]

LOL

Well I dont classify myself as either, but I guess most people would classify me as a beta.
I can live with that.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Pumping Iron - Off Topic - Forums - T Nation [/quote]
Thought of that thread when this one first appeared

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:
Another European Beta[/quote]

FACEPALM but I’ll give it a shot anyway!

Now how does a guy like that fair in average european society? Not too well, Shunned, and looked down upon for being an insensitive gargoyle.

[/quote]
How so? Last time I checked, he’s an accomplished entrepreneur with celebrity status. [/quote]

entreprenuer point is moot

celebrity status huh? I thought europeans just don’t care about this stuff?

ohhh, worldwide cedlebrity status by a small percentage of the globe, oh yes I see now…
[/quote]
Hm?[/quote]
I don’t fully understand either. I think he is making a point against Claudan who said that Europeans don’t care about all that size and strength stuff, and yet many strongmen and olympic athletes achieve celebrity status in their respective countries.[/quote]

THANK YOU!!! Glad someone can connect the dots around here!

And define celebrity status. Would the AVERAGE person (not the ones attending the strongman competitions) in their respective country be in AWE of them?
[/quote]

Well, when it comes to how Apha he is, it is certainly better to be a superstar in a small niche than to be mediocre in everything you do.

Both in terms of what a man might view as “alpha” and when it comes to the gina tingles.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’m also confused as to how entrepreneurial achievements are moot.[/quote]

Because only size = alpha.

Or something.
[/quote]
Bigger wallet = more alpha[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Or something.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]
I wasn’t serious

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Or something.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]
I wasn’t serious[/quote]

Ok.

Phew, this is a complicated topic and I dont think I have thought that through yet.

But I think the long and short of it is, money in and of itself, no, if it is an expression of who you are, yes.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Or something.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]
I wasn’t serious[/quote]

Ok.

Phew, this is a complicated topic and I dont think I have thought that through yet.

But I think the long and short of it is, money in and of itself, no, if it is an expression of who you are, yes.[/quote]
I agree

I like the trias of brains, brawns and balls.

Interestingly enough, balls would be the easiest to come by and yet that is what is usually missing.

[quote]orion wrote:

Interestingly enough, balls would be the easiest to come by and yet that is what is usually missing.

[/quote]

That’s because brains and balls are opposing forces.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]
Usually overlooked in young men

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

That’s because brains and balls are opposing forces.[/quote]

Please elaborate…

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

posture

[quote]smallmike wrote:

But if he’s doing the same job as the other people he’s a shitty asss Alpha.

Shouldn’t he be the president of a mountain or chief librarian of punching in the face?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Please elaborate…[/quote]

lol… it’s not self-evident?

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Please elaborate…[/quote]

lol… it’s not self-evident?
[/quote]
He may want to dissect