Morbidly Obese Sedentary For 99 Percent Of The Day

[quote]smartbulldog wrote:
Fat people live lives of lies. [/quote]

Now that’s a smart bulldog

Fat people live lives of pies.

[quote]nowakc wrote:
Well, from what i’ve seen and talked to from medical professionals, the evidence seems to say more that sedentary living and poor diet are the causes of poor health. Obesity is just a common symptom of that and comes with it’s own problems. But you can have a particular body type where being lazy and eating like shit won’t make you fat - but you’ll still have poor health and probably will die earlier than most. On the flip side, there are those people who got fat but are still active and healthy - just either they have a really tough time losing the weight and don’t care enough or it’s not a goal of theirs.[/quote]

Let’s not forget genetic predisposition. I know it gets hated on a lot, and I do a lot of that hating myself, but it DOES in fact exist in a very small portion of society. It does not lead you to being morbidly obese per se, but you can be fat. Look at Samoans in general.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
nowakc wrote:
Well, from what i’ve seen and talked to from medical professionals, the evidence seems to say more that sedentary living and poor diet are the causes of poor health. Obesity is just a common symptom of that and comes with it’s own problems. But you can have a particular body type where being lazy and eating like shit won’t make you fat - but you’ll still have poor health and probably will die earlier than most. On the flip side, there are those people who got fat but are still active and healthy - just either they have a really tough time losing the weight and don’t care enough or it’s not a goal of theirs.

Let’s not forget genetic predisposition. I know it gets hated on a lot, and I do a lot of that hating myself, but it DOES in fact exist in a very small portion of society. It does not lead you to being morbidly obese per se, but you can be fat. Look at Samoans in general. [/quote]

I knew a Samoan girl,she would be called fat but this chick was stronger than some of the guys that train that I knew.
really awesome.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
my human growth and development teacher gave me the statistic that by 2010 50% of children will be obese.

…and then the coach from “Green Death” gets fired, bravo.[/quote]

When I have kids I’m getting rid of my t.v., and my couch, and kicking them outside everyday. They won’t even know what a videogame is until school.

[quote]roybot wrote:
Fat people live lives of pies.[/quote]

This should be the title of that study. ROTFL

Hey guys, it’s not their fault. It’s their glands. And they have slow metabolisms. And that skinny guy who lives next door eats chips all day and doesn’t get fat (oh he does run marathons I guess). So lay off the fatties!
http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
my human growth and development teacher gave me the statistic that by 2010 50% of children will be obese.

…and then the coach from “Green Death” gets fired, bravo.

When I have kids I’m getting rid of my t.v., and my couch, and kicking them outside everyday. They won’t even know what a videogame is until school.[/quote]

Good luck with that. Sometimes you beg them to watch t.v. so you don’t kill yourself.

[quote]nowakc wrote:…
But you can have a particular body type where being lazy and eating like shit won’t make you fat…
[/quote]

My wife is like that. She’s horrendously lazy, never does any exercise but is still 45kgs at 165cms (so a BMI of about 16.5). She doesn’t eat that much sh*t food but does eat a lot of food for her size. I keep telling her that her metabolism isn’t going to hold up like that forever.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

…and then the coach from “Green Death” gets fired, bravo.

When I have kids I’m getting rid of my t.v., and my couch, and kicking them outside everyday. They won’t even know what a videogame is until school.

Good luck with that. Sometimes you beg them to watch t.v. so you don’t kill yourself.[/quote]

One of my friends is like the best Dad ever when it comes to keeping his kid active. He’s playing with his kid all the time running around outside. He even built his kid a jungle gym in the front yard of his house. The Dad never watches tv but does let the kid watch it if the kid wants to but the kid prefers playing with his dad most of the time.