Moral Equivalents?

I hate bigotry more than I hate identity politics. In other words, I hate the need for identity politics more than I do identity politics itself.

AHAHAAHAAAAAA! wow, that’s a good one. Identity politics is bigotry.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

Edited to say that I’m not referring to warped ‘supremacist’ forms of identity politics, but rather to that of historically oppressed groups seeking equal treatment and/or redress for legitimate claims of damages.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/08/948022-man-spent-decades-befriending-kkk-members-hundreds-left-group/?utm_content=buffer64a88&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Off topic but can we get 10000 more men like this?

Couldn’t like this gent more.

5 Likes

No, I would agree that identity politics is bigotry in practice. Your group is special. Your group deserves special consideration to the lesser consideration of others.

That is an utterly ahistorical comment.

That’s your White Privilege talking. Don’t offend me, I am Hispanic, I am a protected group…

1 Like

I’ve always wondered, does that apply to European Spanish people too? I knew a family of them growing up and couldn’t even tell them apart from normal people.

1 Like

I read that article. It was excellent. I don’t get hate. I get fear of the unknown, uncertainty of culture due to lack of exposure, but that down and dirty true hate for something someone cannot help, I don’t get. I guess I am glad.
Of course the MSM has given TONS and TONS of exposure to the white racists and let them spew their hate while the anchor pretends to be appalled while at the same time giving them the exposure and advertising money cannot buy. They don’t even make sense. But I bet their numbers grow because of the exposure in the media…
You wanna take their power give them no attention.

1 Like

I have to believe that extremism can be defeated by showing that that which they hate are people to. Not to get too granola eating hippy on the thread, but I don’t believe anyone is born bad, so I think people can be saved from their own bad ideas.

If not, we are in a dark, dark world.

1 Like

Nope, they are European. I am that too. Right down the middle. Half hispanic, half Eastern European. the connection being communism.

Anecdote: People often think that folks behind the Iron Curtain couldn’t travel, that’s not true. Many couldn’t cause the could not afford to, but those who could can go anywhere behind the Iron Curtain. East Germans could go to Poland or Czechoslovakia, or Russia, just not France for instance.

Honestly, the hippie ideal was a good one, if everybody would consciously move forward one step we would all be better off. They underestimated the power of selfishness and hate. The idea was good, take LSD and party together and just help each other. Then slowly, one hippie would jip another on a bud or some tabs, then that other hippie got pissed and hurt another hippie, people take sides, gossips, and the dominoes fall.

1 Like

We live in a dark, dark world. I think the empirical evidence is pretty clear…13 dead in Spain now? You know, that trip to Mars sounds pretty good right now…

1 Like

Then you’re like half privileged and half disadvantaged.

That makes it pretty much a draw.

2 Likes

Dollars to dimes this crap would follow. Born martians hating on the first generation martians. Olympus mons dwellers vs Martian Steppe dwellers.

1 Like

Too late I’m sure. But in fairness, you seem to offend pretty easily.

(Apologies if that was offensive.)

3 Likes

None of that is an argument against it being bigotry. Responses to bigotry can be bigotry, in fact most generally are. You are legitimizing them and arguing necessity, not that they aren’t bigotry. All identity politics are supremacist in nature. That’s what identity politics mean.

identity politics
n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
Political attitudes or positions that focus on the concerns of social groups identified mainly on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

It would appear your understanding of the term is idiosyncratic.

Lol! I reckon it does. However, in the eyes of the law I am legally hispanic. It’s my racial identity on all paper work.

No, not in the least. I was just joking, of course. I am not easily offended just opinionated. That doesn’t mean I cannot be offended.
I used to believe I was offense-proof, I was proven wrong.
And though we may disagree on a lot of things, I have no issues with you whatsoever.

1 Like