Moon People Terrorize Boston

“I hope you can see this because I’m doing it as hard as I can.” -Ignignokt

Part of the problem is that there where 2 pipe bombs found in New England Medical Center (unrelated and also a hoax at the same time) which put everyone on hyper alert add the litebrights and people panicked

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Another fun image.[/quote]

That’s awesome! Seriously, I’m moderately familiar with electronics and I could tell from the footage that those weren’t bombs. Why the hell would you attach neon lights to a bomb? I can’t wait until every kid with a mask and a spray can gets arrested for terrorism. You never know what’s being aerosolized.

IMO, Turner should tell them to eat their losses.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

Boston has a heightened sense of awareness and a lessened sense of humor ever since the 9/11 terrorists flew out of Logan.[/quote]

NYC?

[quote]Ren wrote:
http://news.bostonherald.com/columnists/view.bg?articleid=180462

this dude has way too much pent up anger.[/quote]

It?s from us to you, Borat. Don?t consider your deportation an obscene gesture. Think of it as a work of art, in progress

Anyone can get pissed off thinking about smelly hippies. Happens to me all the time…

when they found out it was a litebright, why the fuck did they just tell everyone to go about there business. I mean they had the fucking tunnel, charles river, and bridges, train closed for this shit.

It took them like half the day to get the word out that it wasn’t a bomb. Look maybe it could have been a bomb from a distance. It took two seconds to realize it was a light bright. So why did it shut down the city for fucking ever…sigh

Though you have to admit those so called “artists” look like a bunch of fucking dirt bags.

Wow. They got more publicity for Aqua Teen Hunger Force by the news coverage than the litebrite ads.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Wow. They got more publicity for Aqua Teen Hunger Force by the news coverage than the litebrite ads.[/quote]

There’s truth to the “no such thing as bad press” saying. A large number of people now know about ATHF.

Honestly, it was a great ad campaign for the product and market. Illegal or not. Unfortunately, it lead to the worst misunderstanding of pop-culture imagery in a while.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
I’m just surprised it wasn’t Atlanta that got freaked, all the dumb people live down south, right?[/quote]

if you knew anything about atlanta or the ATHF is that its MADE in atlanta, everyone knows who they are, its on signs everywhere. so why would we get freaked out?

[quote]Brett Tucek wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
I’m just surprised it wasn’t Atlanta that got freaked, all the dumb people live down south, right?

if you knew anything about atlanta or the ATHF is that its MADE in atlanta, everyone knows who they are, its on signs everywhere. so why would we get freaked out?

It’s made here? [/quote]

Turner, hence Williams Street, is Atlanta based.

Almost unrelated, but does anyone besides me picture our own Professor X talking and sounding like Frylock in real life?

Here I thought that we would’ve figured out by now that the core strategy behind a terrorist attack is that people AREN’T SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT’S A BOMB!

Planes…

Trains…

Buses…

Cars…

People…

Fairly regular occurrences in our daily life.

Obvious lite-brite boards?

I can just imagine it at the International Terrorists’ Association Conference 2006…

Muhammad(1): “And for the next order of business, Allah be praised, we have Muhammad(2)'s new idea for a terror attack in Boston.”

Muhammad(2): “Sirs and Gentleman, all praise be to Allah, I propose that we go against the current strategy of hidden bombs and instead place our weapons in obvious locations with bright flashing lights. They will attract so much attention that nobody will suspect our intent!”

"Muhammads(1,3,4,5,and 6): “Sir, praise be to Allah and the prophet Muhammad may he rule in Heaven, that is the most ridiculous thing we have ever heard. It is the recommendation of this board that you never breed. Your wives and donkey are to be confiscated immediately and be auctioned off at the next monthly meeting.”

Muhammad(1): “Not my donkey!”

– ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Here I thought that we would’ve figured out by now that the core strategy behind a terrorist attack is that people AREN’T SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT’S A BOMB!

Planes…

Trains…

Buses…

Cars…

People…

I can just imagine it at the International Terrorists’ Association Conference 2006…

Muhammad(1): “And for the next order of business, Allah be praised, we have Muhammad(2)'s new idea for a terror attack in Boston.”

Muhammad(2): “Sirs and Gentleman, all praise be to Allah, I propose that we go against the current strategy of hidden bombs and instead place our weapons in obvious locations with bright flashing lights. They will attract so much attention that nobody will suspect our intent!”

"Muhammads(1,3,4,5,and 6): “Sir, praise be to Allah and the prophet Muhammad may he rule in Heaven, that is the most ridiculous thing we have ever heard. It is the recommendation of this board that you never breed. Your wives and donkey are to be confiscated immediately and be auctioned off at the next monthly meeting.”

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

HA HA!! Funny shit, ES!

It looks like Ted Turner is going to fork over the estimated cool million the city feels it is owed for “damages”.

I can understand this from a PR perspective, but personally I wouldn’t give them a fucking dime.

I mean, really, what laws were actually broken here? Maybe some minor ordinances regarding posting bills, and possibly (if a judge wanted to get creative) defacing public property or even littering, but to even suggest that two guys who tacked up litebrites are liable for some city officials’ retarded overreaction to this is both laughable and sad at the same time.

Next time I see a billboard with a hot chick on it, I’m going to crash my car into a telephone pole and sue the billboard owner and the advertiser for putting up the ad, thus “forcing” me to stare at it and drive off the road. Wonder how far I’ll get with that?

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:

HA HA!! Funny shit, ES!

It looks like Ted Turner is going to fork over the estimated cool million the city feels it is owed for “damages”.

I can understand this from a PR perspective, but personally I wouldn’t give them a fucking dime.

I mean, really, what laws were actually broken here? Maybe some minor ordinances regarding posting bills, and possibly (if a judge wanted to get creative) defacing public property or even littering, but to even suggest that two guys who tacked up litebrites are liable for some city officials’ retarded overreaction to this is both laughable and sad at the same time.

Next time I see a billboard with a hot chick on it, I’m going to crash my car into a telephone pole and sue the billboard owner and the advertiser for putting up the ad, thus “forcing” me to stare at it and drive off the road. Wonder how far I’ll get with that?[/quote]

I suppose ATHF will now have ratings through the roof. This was worth 1 million dollars?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Digital Chainsaw wrote:

HA HA!! Funny shit, ES!

Next time I see a billboard with a hot chick on it, I’m going to crash my car into a telephone pole and sue the billboard owner and the advertiser for putting up the ad, thus “forcing” me to stare at it and drive off the road. Wonder how far I’ll get with that?

I suppose ATHF will now have ratings through the roof. This was worth 1 million dollars? [/quote]

Oh, no doubt, no doubt.

Not to mention a million smackers to Ted Turner is cab fare.

I was just opining on the principle of the thing.

And Prof, do you sound like Frylock?

Oh, no doubt, no doubt.

Not to mention a million smackers to Ted Turner is cab fare.

I was just opining on the principle of the thing.

And Prof, do you sound like Frylock?[/quote]

No, I don’t. I am a black guy from Texas. I sound like Warren Moon.

ElbowStrike wrote:

Planes…

Trains…

Buses…

Cars…

People…

– ElbowStrike

HA HA!! Funny shit, ES!

Next time I see a billboard with a hot chick on it, I’m going to crash my car into a telephone pole and sue the billboard owner and the advertiser for putting up the ad, thus “forcing” me to stare at it and drive off the road. Wonder how far I’ll get with that?[/quote]

Agreed, Turner should make a dick out of them. what happens when people leave a boom box behind, or lose a cell phone. Better cal CTU and shut the city down!

The best part of this was the Boston Police Chief with watery eyes talking about how just miles from this mock bomb (pointing at ATHF lite brite ad) 15 terroists boarded planes and set out to slay Americans. I laughed so hard on the treadmill at the gym everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

Honestly this whole situation is something so crazy that it would be an ATHF episode. But I see that ATHF is now number three in most popular yahoo searches, so it amuses me greatly that this whole situation worked out brilliantly for Adult Swim.

It looks like Ted Turner is going to fork over the estimated cool million the city feels it is owed for “damages”.[/quote]

This kind of paranoid overkill is eerily reminiscent of a story that came out about a year ago about some 12 year old girls who hung these cardboard replicas of Super Mario Bros. question-boxes around their small town.

The authorities went bat-shit insane over it. I couldn’t believe that all the people the paper interviewed were talking about how “what the girls did was wrong” and that “they need to be punished”, etc, etc.

They actually put the girls in front of a judge.

Seriously, people.

Seriously.

– ElbowStrike

It kinda makes you throw up a little in the back of your throat…

Maybe I was too quick to dismiss the idea when I heard it in another thread, maybe we do need a selective breeding program for people.