T Nation

Monolifts?

Does anyone know where I can find designs to build my own Monolift. I would really appreciate anything, all I have seen are pictures, and not any actual “Designs” that could tell me what size to build it, or what material to use (thickness of steel, ect). Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-CJ

Arrgghh. I KNOW I’ve seen this with a detailed explanation somewhere.

It was either on fortfiediron, powerliftinguk or here at T-Nation. You’d be best off searching all of those sites probably.

I wanted a monolift, but didn’t have a lot of money. I had my friend who can weld help build me this. It swings out on it’s own with the counterweight part on top. Got the materials from scrap metal so I only had to pay $8 to paint it red. It’s built very strong. We tested it’s stregnth by picking up one end of a tractor with it so it held with somwhere over 1000lbs. of pressure.

[quote]rniel wrote:
I wanted a monolift, but didn’t have a lot of money. I had my friend who can weld help build me this. It swings out on it’s own with the counterweight part on top. Got the materials from scrap metal so I only had to pay $8 to paint it red. It’s built very strong. We tested it’s stregnth by picking up one end of a tractor with it so it held with somwhere over 1000lbs. of pressure.[/quote]

If it swings out on its own how does it reset to rack the bar?

It doesn’t reset the spotter has to use the handle to rack it.

[quote]rniel wrote:
I wanted a monolift, but didn’t have a lot of money. I had my friend who can weld help build me this. It swings out on it’s own with the counterweight part on top. Got the materials from scrap metal so I only had to pay $8 to paint it red. It’s built very strong. We tested it’s stregnth by picking up one end of a tractor with it so it held with somwhere over 1000lbs. of pressure.[/quote]

Thanks. Just that pic helps so much.
That is just an add on to your power-rack right?

Yes, you just have to get the height just right for you. The only difference between this and a real monolift is I cannot put out my feet as wide when I’m inside a powerrack, but I’m working on modifying my rack to let me go wider in my stance.

[quote]rniel wrote:

That is an awesome job dude!!

I built something similar for my rack as well. Eventually I’d like to add hydraulics to the back so we can adjust for height.

I have a bolt on lift for sale

what is so great about a monolift?

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:
what is so great about a monolift?[/quote]

You don’t have to walk the weight out, they allow you to go as wide of a stance as you want, and they are easily adjustable.

It’s a machine made solely for squatting, and it does it’s job very well.