Money Involved in Jr. Strongman Comps?

Just wondering : P

If by Jr. you mean amateur then no unless you compete at Nationals where you could win money for winning an event. Some pretty badass trophies though

Your question is kind of confusing, but I don’t think that you ever really win much money as a strongman. Even WSM is only $50k for first place (or something around that as it varies a little year to year). That may sound like a lot at first, but that’s only for the winner and only once a year. The other finalists get some money as well. Compare that to the salaries for other elite athletes and purses for top level fighters/boxers and strongman isn’t really where the money is. Obviously there are other pro level competitions with some prize money and I assume that the top level guys can make some money on endorsements, but it’s probably not huge.

It seems to me that if you become one of the best strongmen in the world you might make as much as a good 9 to 5 job. At a lower level, you’re doing well if you can break even with supplements and equipment costs. It’s really not a good way to get rich.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Your question is kind of confusing, but I don’t think that you ever really win much money as a strongman. Even WSM is only $50k for first place (or something around that as it varies a little year to year). That may sound like a lot at first, but that’s only for the winner and only once a year. The other finalists get some money as well. Compare that to the salaries for other elite athletes and purses for top level fighters/boxers and strongman isn’t really where the money is. Obviously there are other pro level competitions with some prize money and I assume that the top level guys can make some money on endorsements, but it’s probably not huge.

It seems to me that if you become one of the best strongmen in the world you might make as much as a good 9 to 5 job. At a lower level, you’re doing well if you can break even with supplements and equipment costs. It’s really not a good way to get rich. [/quote]

Even if you’re amateur and you get enough money for 2-3 jobs, that’s still very awesome imo, you just train and lift, thats all! :#

[quote]Geneza wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

It seems to me that if you become one of the best strongmen in the world you might make as much as a good 9 to 5 job. At a lower level, you’re doing well if you can break even with supplements and equipment costs. It’s really not a good way to get rich. [/quote]

Even if you’re amateur and you get enough money for 2-3 jobs, that’s still very awesome imo, you just train and lift, thats all! :#[/quote]

Dude if your going into Strongman for money you better stop now. As a amuetuer your not going to win more than $500 and I have only seen that 1 time. It was a $100 to who ever placed 1st in each event. You are not in any way ever going to live off the winnings of amuetuer Strongman not even a little bit. It will barely cover the cost of travel, hotel, and food to get out there… oh and then you actually have to win. And a show with cash brings out the absolute best in the country. Keep your day job… seriously.

It’s pretty sad how there’s not enough money in strongman. But then again, if you love the sport, go for it. I feel like if you’re training in a particular sport “just.for.money” then you won’t get really far.