Money Exercises

Pound for pound, what do you think the best money exercises are?

Me, i like turkish get up and overhead squats.

squats, deads, snatches

concentration curls :wink:

Clean and Press hits just about every muscle group! Oh…and I love it!

No offense, but I don’t like this kind of question. It’s more of a trivia quiz this way. Do you need someone to talk to?

Anyway, pound for pound, AND inch for inch and non-explosive I would say 1-leg OVERHEAD squats with the back leg up.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
No offense, but I don’t like this kind of question. It’s more of a trivia quiz this way. Do you need someone to talk to?

Anyway, pound for pound, AND inch for inch and non-explosive I would say 1-leg OVERHEAD squats with the back leg up. [/quote]

I appreciate the feedback. Next time, what citeria should i use before posting?

If i need someone to talk to, ya mama is next to me in bed:-)

This just saves me trawling the bloody site, and gets information straight from you guys.

Why slog when you can stand on the shoulders of giants and get viable information.

squat rack curls

[quote]miniross wrote:
I appreciate the feedback. Next time, what citeria should i use before posting?

If i need someone to talk to, ya mama is next to me in bed:-)

This just saves me trawling the bloody site, and gets information straight from you guys.

Why slog when you can stand on the shoulders of giants and get viable information.
[/quote]

Well, for example, what do you mean by pound for pound? 1-leg squats with no back leg support are zero pounds right? Pretty tough. That’s about an infinity ratio.

Also, if you pull/push explosively like with cleans, you creating force but not necessarity at the expense of pounds. Finally, if you talk about a long range motion like snatches, your using distance in place of pounds. So just how did you take the dildo up the ass from my mom? Fast or slow? Long or short strokes?

a bit of everything…

Variety IS the spice of life you know!!

[quote]miniross wrote:

Lb for Lb was used as a flipant turn of phrase.

as for your mom

a bit of everything…

Variety IS the spice of life you know!!

[/quote]

Pull-ups, Pull-ups, Deads, clean & press, snatch, squats and did I mention pull-ups?

So if we’re talking a hell of a good workout in a short time period, that’s pretty easy.

Workout 1
Superset power cleans and weighted dips
5 x 10 each in 15 minutes.

Workout 2
1 x 20 close stance deep squats rest paused followed after 5 minutes by 1 x 15 standard deadlifts.
(maybe 15 minutes)

Workout 3
Push press and chins 5 x 10 each in 15 minutes.

I think if most people did these 3 15 minute workouts per week they’d reach about 85% of their muscular potential.

As for an exercise that builds the most muscle, I can’t agree with overhead squats. Even if your doing overhead squats with bodyweight+ for reps, the load on the hips is just not that much. If you do them with the back leg up 1-leg style, then your talking about the equivalent of almost a triple bodyweight squat load on the hips and thighs.

I also can’t agree with snatches unless you are very good at them. Compare a bodyweight snatch by a 200 pound guy to a rack high or mid-level pull with 400. That’s jsut me. My max snatch is 135, but I never do them, however I can snatch rack pull 315 pretty high and that is an effective workout. For that matter, jump deadlifts.

Granted there’s something about squeezing a heavy weight overhead, but why do an exercise that’s relatively inneffective for the shoulders and the back/traps/legs, when you can do an effective shoulder exercise like push presses, and an effective back/trap/leg exercise like snatch/clean rack pulls.

Breathing squats w/ heavy wt. twice a week.

Negative chins w/ heavy wt. Work the WHOLE upper body, even the abs.

Incline curls for biceps.

Weighted dips w/ heavy wt. And negative dips w/ heavy wt.

Scott press for the shoulders.

Spider curls for biceps.

Glute-gastroc raise for hams, glutes, low back.

S.L.D.L for low back & hams.