Monday is Doomsday, Hardcore Plan

So I need YOUR help.

I need someone to give me ideas on my diet…
and it has to be an affordable diet…

So far I am thinking this…

Meal 1: Raisin Bran or Oatmeal & slimfast(I have a lot of them for free, my mom stopped drinking them)
Meal 2: Grapes/Carrots
Meal 3: Turkey Sandwich on Wheat, small serving of sunchips, 2% milk in a small carton.
Meal 4: More grapes or carrots
30 MINUTES OF CARDIO
LIFTING TIME
Meal 5: Balanced high protein/low carb meal.
Meal 6: another slimfast or some veggies.

Help me fill my gaps, I cant afford protein shakes or all that… I just need to know what I can get in there.

I am SERIOUS
the more help the better this will go for me.

Thanks for your time!

read the beginner stickies and educate yourself.

Your diet is crap.

Read the stickies.

damn cant afford protiene shakes… well i guess the best thing would be eggs.
hard boiled, sunny side up, scrambled… you get the point.
i boil like 6 at night so when i go to work i can snack on some throught the day. i would add some cottage cheese, meat, and tuna in their. (i say tuna cus if you cant afford pt shakes, then salmon is out of the picture) its extremely hard to achieve physique goals on a low budget.
good luck

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
read the beginner stickies and educate yourself.

Your diet is crap.

Read the stickies.[/quote]
You are terrible at giving advice. In the future, stay out of my threads.

I’ve read the stickies.

What are your goals and stats, etc?

Include more protein (via eggs, shakes, chicken breasts, whatever). More veggies wouldn’t hurt. You don’t seem to be eating very much either, so I’m assuming you aren’t doing lots of max effort activities or looking to build mass.

Like I said a little more info would increase the feedback you get.

You’ll never be able to read enough-- on this site or wherever. So never stop looking for advice/information.

You’ll never be able to read enough-- on this site or wherever. So never stop looking for advice/information.

i agree… im not sure what your goals are cus if your going high intensity type training you are going to kill your self with that diet.

Right now I weight 204LBS.
My goal is 180-190

My workout is a variety of things that would be hard to list as I’m going to rework it all and write it down tonight

I work out 4 days or more a week, 30 minutes of high intensity cardio (elliptical uphill and running)

and I dont have a lot of money, or places to eat… (during school)

shitty shitty diet, you did not read the stickies.

now i can sympathize with the living with the parents and eating what they buy, i used to be there.

You have too much carbs for losing fat. Grapes, meh. Carrots are a high carb veggie. I see no greens. If it’s green you can eat it, and eat it as much as you want. Orange and yellow, not so much (no corn or carrots). Limit fruit to the morning, but do eat it. Eat oatmeal and an apple every day for breakfast. Microwave an egg and wolf it down also.

Taper carbs off throughout the day. Eat something green at every meal. No need for a “hardcore plan”. Eat smart, eat clean. Calories damn near will count themselves if you’re eating the right foods.

What are your stats right now? Just a standard fatbody? Skinny fat? Fat, but strong fat? Fat and have never lifted? Could run indefinitely? Pre-subway jared? Disgust flaccid post-subway jared? Let us know. You better be doing legs when you’re in the gym.

For legs I do lunges and squats. I have another thread w/ body shots
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1952924
For running, I can do about two miles with no slowing down or breaks… but I have shinsplints right now due to bad shoes
(I got new asics shoes now)

Cans of Tuna. Eat it straight out of the can.

[quote]kinein wrote:
Cans of Tuna. Eat it straight out of the can. [/quote]

Thanks will do.
As a snack? Or what

Not to be a dick, but as the guys said, “read the stickies & educate yourself.” You aren’t going to see any results until you are a little more confident and don’t need to ask these questions.

You said you are serious, but frankly it doesn’t seem like it given that there is SOOOOOOOO much info here that you could’ve read but didn’t.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Not to be a dick, but as the guys said, “read the stickies & educate yourself.” You aren’t going to see any results until you are a little more confident and don’t need to ask these questions.

You said you are serious, but frankly it doesn’t seem like it given that there is SOOOOOOOO much info here that you could’ve read but didn’t.[/quote]

Ok… Oatmeal one of the first posts
Check.

Vegetables
Check.

Multiple meals a day
Check.

High fiber, low carb foods
Check.

Eliminate fatty foods(minus sunchips)
Check.

Cardio and Weight Training balanced
Check.

Have YOU read the stickies??

getting adequate protein: no check

stop being so cocky, if you talked like this to some of these people irl they would probably smash you.

you don’t know shit, stop acting like you do.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
getting adequate protein: no check

stop being so cocky, if you talked like this to some of these people irl they would probably smash you.

you don’t know shit, stop acting like you do.[/quote]
ITT
Meat head reads only what he wants to read, and then attacks me for it.

Seriously, I asked for advice on WHAT foods I should eat to FILL IN THE GAPS of what I am missing

The stickies, I have read

Oh, and…internet tough guy… for futures purposes, stay out of my threads unless you have a constructive post.
(Judging by your intelligence I don’t think that will ever happen)

Why can’t you afford a protein powder? Granted, Metabolic Drive is a pretty expensive protein powder (and rightfully so from what I can gather), but Biotest’s Grow! Whey is very modestly priced. 5 pounds for 30 bucks.

You’ve already acknowledged that you’re looking for types of foods where you can “fill in the gaps” so to speak. You should concentrate as much as you can on getting clean whole foods into your system, but I don’t know if you’ll find much cheaper than Grow! Whey.

As a comparison, $30 worth of skinless chicken breasts may give you 8-10 pounds if you’re not concerned too much with getting a high quality chicken breast. That’s approximately 30-40 small servings of chicken, compared to about 70 servings of whey protein that you’d get for the same amount of money.

Others have suggested canned tuna and eggs, both of which are good, inexpensive suggestions. I’d really consider getting a protein powder, though. Maybe you live overseas and are figuring shipping costs.

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
Why can’t you afford a protein powder? Granted, Metabolic Drive is a pretty expensive protein powder (and rightfully so from what I can gather), but Biotest’s Grow! Whey is very modestly priced. 5 pounds for 30 bucks.

You’ve already acknowledged that you’re looking for types of foods where you can “fill in the gaps” so to speak. You should concentrate as much as you can on getting clean whole foods into your system, but I don’t know if you’ll find much cheaper than Grow! Whey.

As a comparison, $30 worth of skinless chicken breasts may give you 8-10 pounds if you’re not concerned too much with getting a high quality chicken breast. That’s approximately 30-40 small servings of chicken, compared to about 70 servings of whey protein that you’d get for the same amount of money.

Others have suggested canned tuna and eggs, both of which are good, inexpensive suggestions. I’d really consider getting a protein powder, though. Maybe you live overseas and are figuring shipping costs.[/quote]

I can afford a protein powder, but it would be financially inconvenient for me.

I think I’m going to get it anyways, I’m really serious about this because well… the body underneath my fat is made of pure iron. I can feel the muscles and I know they’re there… Now it’s going cosmetic

holy shit… the stickies? what the hell are the stickies? seroiusly ive herd that in almost every post, and now i wanna know. i havent been on this sight long enough to know half the shit their is to offer so dont think im a dumb ass or anything. .

[quote]steroids2heaven wrote:
holy shit… the stickies? what the hell are the stickies? seroiusly ive herd that in almost every post, and now i wanna know. i havent been on this sight long enough to know half the shit their is to offer so dont think im a dumb ass or anything. .[/quote]

if you go into each section you will see a few posts that are always on tp and next to them there is an icon that is not next to any other psot

those are the stickies they are information that people thought was good enough to keep at the top so as everyone would be able to read them first

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
mrw173 wrote:

Others have suggested canned tuna and eggs, both of which are good, inexpensive suggestions. I’d really consider getting a protein powder, though. Maybe you live overseas and are figuring shipping costs.

I can afford a protein powder, but it would be financially inconvenient for me.

I think I’m going to get it anyways, I’m really serious about this because well… the body underneath my fat is made of pure iron. I can feel the muscles and I know they’re there… Now it’s going cosmetic
[/quote]

The issue is that if you’re going to alter your diet, anything is going to be financially inconvenient. You’re not consuming enough protein, so the cost of any protein sources that you add are going to have to come out of your wallet. I’m on a tight budget myself, and have to stick with really cheap chicken breast, whey protein, ground beef, turkey, etc.

One tip I’d have is to buy whole turkey breasts (bone-in), cook them, and cut off the meat yourself. You can buy de-boned turkey breasts but they’ll be much, much more expensive. I think I get my turkey breast for $2.99 per pound. I cook a giant breast, cut it up, and keep it in tupperware in the fridge.