Monday is Chest Day!!! WHY!!!!

Every gym I’ve been to, Monday has been the big chest day. Just curious if anyone else noticed this. Why is this the case? I try to make sure that I’m doing something else on that day because getting a bench is nearly impossible. Just curious why Monday is Chest Day…any thoughts?

Any gym i’ve been too seems like i’s full of people on ‘chest day’

people love to train chest, there’s not a lot you can do. Ask to work through with them?

Nathan

For me, Monday is usually Back and Bi’s day - I haven’t noticed what other people usually do.

Monday is chest day because it is most peoples favorite to train. so after the week end every body wants to pump themselves up for the rest of the week. personally i do my back on monday because of this reason.

monday is abbs, biceps, cable flys, and core work

I hate how all the newbs come into my gym to train chest, and they all do barbell bench, as if thats a good exercise for their chest or something. You are supposed to stop at 90 degree’s or it doesn’t count guys, gosh.

Most members in my gym treat every day as chest day. Well, I say take advantage of Monday chest day. Hog the power rack. Squat till you drop.

I do my legs on wends cause i want to dance on the weekend without sore legs. If i had to do legs on mon i dont think i could handle it.

Monday is usually the most crowded. Friday is usually the least. Therefore, everyone is usually training whatever muscle groups they think of as important on the single day they are most likely to come to the gym.

I just got back from the gym. I won’t be training at this time of the morning very often.

I think “Circuit Training” needs to die a quick and painful death now that it means “run around to every upper body machine, do one or two sets without breaking a sweat and call it quits”.

I don’t like being stared at either.

I have learned that monday is also the busiest day, then tues, then weds etc…

This is due to the fact after a weekend of over-indulgance, most gym members hit the gym hard on monday, continually trying to start each week frest with vigor, motivation and discipline. THE GYM.

Tues they go AND weds. Then they skip weds due to the fact they are aching and burnt out, and they reason they got their 3 days in so even if they dont go again this week… it is cool… so they drink too much, eat shite and have late nights thinking they have “earnt” the right.

Alot of the guys have no program, no direction and as much as they argue this - no discipline. They end up doing some chest, arms or shoulders on most workout days - hell, at least they are doing something right? And those are the muscles that everyone sees, the rest are only noticed by bodybuilders - and the girls hate that look anyway…

Not from where i’m standing… :wink:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Monday is usually the most crowded. Friday is usually the least. Therefore, everyone is usually training whatever muscle groups they think of as important on the single day they are most likely to come to the gym.

I just got back from the gym. I won’t be training at this time of the morning very often.

I think “Circuit Training” needs to die a quick and painful death now that it means “run around to every upper body machine, do one or two sets without breaking a sweat and call it quits”.

I don’t like being stared at either.[/quote]

Off topic: I’m amazed that someone who moaned for months about posting in an open forum because someone might question his opinions now continues to post here! I looked at the post history and except for one forum, any Alpha activity is about … tribunals. Just amazing!

This is the first time I’ve ventured into BB except to read some topic, and I apologize for going off the topic at hand, but this is just amazing to me.

Please continue on with the discussion, and sorry for the interruption. Wow!

that’s why I usually do back or legs on Monday, can’t stand the crowded benches.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
that’s why I usually do back or legs on Monday, can’t stand the crowded benches.

[/quote]

Agree. Two days of rest sets it up for squats and deads. I train at home for a lot of the reasons described in this thread.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

Agree. Two days of rest sets it up for squats and deads. I train at home for a lot of the reasons described in this thread.

[/quote]

HH posting in the bodybuilding section?

I’m wowed.

I primarily workout at home; but also am a member of a gym that i swear has every day as chest day. I think some people are working out chest almost every other day while neglecting other body parts completely like there legs.

Monday is my heavy upper body day which means heavy bench because I need the extra day of rest after soccer on the weekend. My gym is never busy though.

At my gym, it’s chest on Monday, arms on Thursday (probably to get “pumped” before parties).

I do chest Mondays, as well. Not for any particular reason other than the first program I ever did had benching on Mondays, and I am kind of a creature of habit like that.

At my gym every day is chest and biceps day…
The favorite route for most goes like this:

Supersets of Barbell Bench press and cheat curls.
When doing Bench you must only use the TOP half of the motion. When doing Curls you must have a 45 on each side of the EZ-Curl bar despite the fact you clearly can’t move that much weight.
I figured doing something like chest and biceps 3 times a week would force somebody’s muscles to grow for sure… but it just isn’t happening somehow someway.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
At my gym every day is chest and biceps day…
[/quote]

We must go to the same gym…

its not that hard to work in with someone on a bench, or just use dumbbells. If your routine calls for chest on Monday you can find a way to do it. I don’t think that chest day is more popular on Monday, but that more people go to the gym that day and well most people just train upper body.

My gym just seems to be preacher curl and pec-dec day monday through to friday.

Most of the other gym members seem to spend their time talking in their groups (3-4 seems to be the optimal number to train curls these days). Staring at everyone seems to be another popular exercise. So is drawing attention to yourself by shouting loudly to all your “mates” it would appear.