Moment of Clarity

I was just going through my stuff as I move house soon, and I was suddenly confronted with a realisation of what T-Nation has done for me.

Sure, I’ve had excellent composition improvements since becoming a regular reader one year ago.

The main thing that has changed tho is the freaky-ass supplement collection I have amassed directly involved with influence from T-Nation.

Whey Protein
Creatine
Calcium Carbonate - Calcium Citrate
ZMA
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Fish Oil
Broad range multivitamin
Sample pack of NO-Xplode (still unused)
Glucosamine
Psyllium Husk
Ketostix
Bodyfat Calipers
Glycerol Enemas (i had some real bad constipation)
Haemorrhoid Cream (for the after effects)

Does anybody else here occasionally marvel at their supplement/sundry bodybuilding collection like this?

[quote]perseng wrote:

Does anybody else here occasionally marvel at their supplement/sundry bodybuilding collection like this?

[/quote]

uh…not sure I’d be marvelling at some of the stuff you listed…but whatever floats your boat.

I marvel at the sheer amount of knowledge that Ive gained from the site, all for free too!!

yea, my parents and friends all refer to my supplement pile as “the pharmacy”, or “the lab”. If i take my supplements around my friends they refer to them as “my steroids”.

Haha I used to have this huge stock pile of supplements, but then I made a rule that I finish off whatever I purchased for the month before I buy anymore. Now I spend about a 100 a month at the begining of the month and that’s it. Keeps the stock pile low, I only use what I need, and it saves me some money.

[quote]deapee wrote:
perseng wrote:

uh…not sure I’d be marvelling at some of the stuff you listed…but whatever floats your boat.

[/quote]

Marvelling was probably the wrong word, especially when you see the items:

Ketostix
Enema
Haemorrhoid Cream
Psyllium Husk

You can guess what went wrong here.

Oh yeah, and that NO-Xplode sample pack will find its way to the rubbish.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Haha I used to have this huge stock pile of supplements, but then I made a rule that I finish off whatever I purchased for the month before I buy anymore. Now I spend about a 100 a month at the begining of the month and that’s it. Keeps the stock pile low, I only use what I need, and it saves me some money.[/quote]

I actually do use all that stuff… in fact i just realised that there were a few more things too.

On a good day I will knock back about 15-20 pills. Considering 6 of those are fish oil, thats probably not that extreme compared to some on this site.

I think Thibadeau said something about him taking 200 pills a day.

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
I marvel at the sheer amount of knowledge that Ive gained from the site, all for free too!![/quote]

I think that a lot of people owe this site a lot, for busting through their ignorance and miseducation on diet/training, and making them really start to question what works, what works well, and what is just stupid.

T-Nation has exposed me to many ideas, not all of them are great ideas, but some of them are really great.