Mom Won't Give Me Eggs

[quote]Artem wrote:
That’s what my doctor told me.

Alright, let me ask this:
Do you think/have a source that 3 eggs a day is healthy/unhealthy?
My mom says that if I can find 2 sources online that say that 3 eggs a day are fine, then she will let me eat them. The internet is such a reputable source.

I asked my doctor and he told me that I can eat as many eggs as I want. Apparently, the opinions of random authors on the internet are more important to her than that of my doctor.[/quote]

Tell her that blazindave, the internet expert with a 40 inch cock says that the study used to show that eggs are bad for health was really “false”.
What they did was used a powdered, crushed form of eggs or some weird thing like that and then used that to establish whether eggs were good or not for people. They didn’t use actual fresh eggs. Also, if i recall correctly, the study was done back in 70s-80s.

Show her this post, except for the dick part.

Your mom has obviously been pregnant at some point in her life. Ask her if all the nutrients and everything she ate went to you and if she thinks that you were getting alot of good minerals and vitamins, etc…
Tell her that an egg is an unborn chicken. It makes no sense that something that is about to be born will be filled with so much “bad stuff” that makes it unhealthy.
If something is unhealthy, especially at such an important stage, it cannot live, especially if it’s a baby.
How can eating something like that be bad?
Also, the egg comes out and then becomes a chick. Meaning that the mother can’t help it by eating food. The chick is not in the chicken/mother’s stomach…but in the egg.
How can it survive if it doesnt have a maximum amount of nutrients, etc?

Here you go:

http://www.eggs.ab.ca/about/eggnutrition.htm

“Eggs don’t increase heart disease risk in most people. A Harvard School of Public Health study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1999, found that healthy adults were able to eat an egg a day without increasing their risk of heart disease or stroke. This is the same conclusion drawn by many earlier studies, which found only small changes in blood cholesterol levels after a daily intake of 1 to 2 eggs. Some studies have also shown that levels of HDL, the “good” blood cholesterol, increased when subjects ate egg-supplemented diets.”

Egg supplemented means has eggs as part of the diet.

http://www.drlam.com/a3r_brief_in_doc_format/2003-No3-Eggs.cfm

Tell her to read that entire page, it cities numerous studies done saying eggs aren’t just A-ok, but actually, very important and good for you.

"The egg is a highly nutritious and functional food. It contains one of the highest quality proteins you can buy. It is also low in sodium, and contains a large variety of vitamins and minerals. Egg protein has just the right mixture of essential amino acids needed by humans to build a strong body.

Next to mother’s milk, it is the second most nutritious food for human consumption. Repeated studies have failed to correlate the general dietary claim that a moderate consumption (one a day) has a direct and significant positive correlation with the risk of coronary heart disease or stroke in either healthy men or women."

http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/diet_fitness/eggs/

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Eggs-Are-Good-For-You.htm

“The test: Andrew will eat four eggs a day, yolks and all, for two weeks…
Following a high-egg diet, Andrew has found the perfect company to do his second cholesterol test with.
Oscar Mcgill is an 18-year-old body builder who’s training for the world championships and he eats a lot of eggs �?? 18 a day! Oscar will also have his cholesterol level taken.”

18 eggs a day!!

"Andrew’s result: Low. Andrew’s cholesterol levels have actually fallen under 3.8, in fact, they are so low the machine doesn’t have a number for it.
Oscar’s result: Low also. Another great result, from a bloke whose diet is totally dominated by eggs. "

[…]

“So it’s all good news for egg lovers. Eating eggs won’t give you high cholesterol. In fact, eggs are full of high-quality proteins, vitamins and minerals and should be a part of any healthy diet.”

Tell your mother that eggs are only a harm to those who are diabetic or have severe health problems (and even then…). Eggs are cheap and full of good stuff. Milk is high in fat (can be) and has TONS of calories. Did that stop her from giving you milk when you were a baby/infant/child? Probably not, and eggs are the same.
Tell your mother that she should take the media’s words with a grain of salt. Remember they want your attention because it’s good for business.

Meat, vegetables, fruit, milk, water, fish, eggs and whole wheat are all you need to eat (and drink) to be very healthy and live a good healthy life.

Good luck.

the sooner moms in north america stop considering starchy insulin spiking food as “healthy” the better off their children will be

Tell your mother shes absolutely right and from now on you would love to eat healthy cornflakes smothered in beer…

That boiled eggs have no nutritional value and that you want fried eggs, bacon and sausages.

That protein shakes ARE no good and all you want now is a gallon of Gatorade a day to go with your three Big Mac Meals (supersized of course)

[quote]Christine wrote:
Artem wrote:
I eat nothing but meat, fish, vegetables, and eggs. I drink nothing but water, and lots of it. I take BCAAs, fish oil, Protein powder, and Creatine. She thinks that my supplements are drugs and that eating a repetitive diet is unhealthy.

For breakfast, I eat 3 soft boiled eggs and some vegetables. First, she told me that soft boiled eggs are unhealthy and I can get sick and now, she makes hard boiled eggs. I’m telling her that the nutrients get baked out, but she won’t listen.

Please help me; I need Protein.
Than you

I don’t know what to tell you about your mom about the eggs, but if you’re 15 and puny, I’m thinking you don’t have to be so strict on what you consume.

As someone else said, lots of milk, but what about bread and pasta. A puny 15 year old wanting to grow needs more calories. Your diet sounds like a cutting diet when you have nothing to cut.

[/quote]

This is correct.

This “I eat nothing but meat, fish, vegetables, and eggs.” is complete BS for a 15 year old.

Your nutrition needs to be kind of strict if you’re an obese 45 ear old leading a sedentary lifestyle trying to get rid of his beer gut, but at 15 years you need to worry about a normal, balanced diet rich in calories and nutrients.

“I eat 3 soft boiled eggs and some vegetables.” Screw that. Get more calories. Get more carbs. Whole grain bread, oatmeal, etc. Who cares if your eggs are soft boiled or hard boiled ffs ? You’re 15. Eat. Lift. Sleep.

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
This “I eat nothing but meat, fish, vegetables, and eggs.” is complete BS for a 15 year old.

Your nutrition needs to be kind of strict if you’re an obese 45 ear old leading a sedentary lifestyle trying to get rid of his beer gut, but at 15 years you need to worry about a normal, balanced diet rich in calories and nutrients.

“I eat 3 soft boiled eggs and some vegetables.” Screw that. Get more calories. Get more carbs. Whole grain bread, oatmeal, etc. Who cares if your eggs are soft boiled or hard boiled ffs ? You’re 15. Eat. Lift. Sleep.[/quote]

Listed to this. I made the best gains of my life so far when I realized I could eat more then two frozen pizzas in one sitting. All joking aside,grain bread sandwiches, peanut butter, summer sausage, CBH, potatoes, hamburgers. EAT.

I love eggs.

Uhg I am sooooo sick of eggs haha yet I still choke them down. I was eating damn near 7-10 a day for the longest time, good thing they sold them in bulk.

Why not just drink a gallon of milk a day? No mother would deny milk to her child, it’s instinct.

-Sab

@ Dark Angel:

I hated eating huge volumes of eggs, back in the day. They’re so good for me, yet taste so bland.

The solution? Make an Omelette. Half eggs, half mozzerella cheese (or there-about). The texture is better, it’s easier to cook, there’s flavor to it, it doesn’t significantly increase the prep time or the fat profile. It’s an all-around good idea.

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:
Why not just drink a gallon of milk a day? No mother would deny milk to her child, it’s instinct.

-Sab[/quote]

MAKE SURE you suckle it from her teet.

I eat everything. If I am hungry, I eat damn near everything I can find until I am full. And I am 15. As a teenager, you don’t need a strict diet. Just a few guidelines:

1. Lots of Protein
  2. Lots of Carbs

[quote]Digity wrote:
Mercola is a douche bag idiot.

If I was your mom and knew nothing about bodybuilding I’d be concerned too. Just be happy your mom even gives a shit.[/quote]

Granted, Mercola is a supplement-pushing whore, but a lot of the articles on his site have some seriuos merit. Or are you just a big-pharma fellatio king?

[quote]Otep wrote:
@ Dark Angel:

I hated eating huge volumes of eggs, back in the day. They’re so good for me, yet taste so bland.

The solution? Make an Omelette. Half eggs, half mozzerella cheese (or there-about). The texture is better, it’s easier to cook, there’s flavor to it, it doesn’t significantly increase the prep time or the fat profile. It’s an all-around good idea.[/quote]

Omelettes kick total f–king ass! Load em up to the gils with tons of veggies (onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro… I am in love with Omelettes, right next to that 1st cup of raw milk poured from the gallon (rich in Cream and all that CLA goodness!)

Well, let me add my two cents worth. Hopefully I won’t get shot, but you come across as having an attitude with your mother. You appear to be a rebellious teen that has a strong will. While this may not be the case, this is the tone I read from your original post. Your mother also has a strong will - the will to protect her child. As long as you are stuck in a battle of the wills, which is where you appear to be, you will be on the losing end. You will not overcome the mother’s instinct. Unless you submit to her will, I think you have a losing case. She is the authority; she runs the house; she buys the food. She is in the position of power.

Okay, that being said, then how can you work with her to change the attitude. First, all parental decisions are the decisions of two parents. You did not mention your dad. He may be in the picture; he may not. If he is in the picture, don’t try to play him against your mom. Then there is a three-way battle of the wills. Again, you will lose.

Changing your mother’s opinions will take time. You need to approach with an attitude of submission and talk things out. You may be able to suggest ways you can help out - by cooking meals or getting a part-time job to buy some of the food. You may also be able to find foods that you both consider healthy. The fact that you eat vegetables is a good start. Perhaps you can start with common ground. Almost everyone agrees that fruits and vegetables are good for you, so your mom may already be on board for some of your diet. If your mom sees you are trying to work with her and submit to her authority, then she is more likely to work with you.

Your mom wants what’s best for you. What she thinks is best is different than what you think is best. If you attack the issue with the wrong attitude, then you are in a losing battle of the wills. If you approach things with a submissive spirit and gentleness, you may find that her motherly instinct to protect you will cause her to carefully weigh what you say and take your opinions to heart.

[quote]mt006 wrote:
Tell your mother shes absolutely smothered in beer…

That boiled eggs have no nutritional value and that you want fried eggs, bacon and sausages.

and all you want now is a gallon of Gatorade a day to go with your three Big Mac Meals (supersized of course)

[/quote]

Now we’re cookin’!!

I started cooking for myself when I was 8… my parents usually mooch off what I make…sure they pay for it but im the one cooking it… I especially love when ive made specific portions then when im done and its on the plate… they want some.

your mom is an idiot…go to a doctor and have him tell her off…tell her to stop using web m.d as a source also

[quote]Petermus wrote:
Your mom is an idiot…go to a doctor and have him tell her off…tell her to stop using web m.d as a source also[/quote]

Or just tell her you’ll swear off all BCAA’s and fish oil if she buys you your first cycle of Anavar.

Make them yourself.

Lazy f**k.

[quote]WESLEY_UK wrote:
Make them yourself.

Lazy f**k.[/quote]

You obviously didn’t even read his post, lazy fuck.

[quote]WESLEY_UK wrote:
Make them yourself.

Lazy f**k.[/quote]

thanks for your contribution.