T Nation

Mom Had a Stroke!

My mom had a stroke and it's thanksgiving.It's killing me fellas and ruined my holidays.Some times I just don't give a fuck no more.I am takeing on the bigest pain ever.I will win.I will win reguardless.I feel like i am loosing my mind.I feel like I am going to die.I don't know if I will ever work out again.Id rather go to hell.fuck it all!

I feel for you man. It's really hard to deal with these issues but when it is around the holidays it can make you crazy. A few christmas ago we got news my dad had only 60 days to live. That was 5 years ago, we obviously dodged a bullet big time. These things eventually happen to all of us. All we can do is to enjoy the time we have with our parents and other close family give them all the love we can. No matter how much we do that when these things happen we will always feel it wasn't enough. The thing you've got to remember is how your mother would want you to react to this situation. That is how you can best honor her. You are her legacy, conduct yourself (even in this time) in a way she would be proud of.

biscuite, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You need to stay strong for her right now, and help her get her health back. Your mom and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I'm sorry to hear about that, man. She'll be in my thoughts.

That's 100% where your mind needs to be. Best of luck to your family.

You've got to replace the "fuck it all" feeling with grim determination to get through this. This could be the hardest thing you've ever done, but if you've ever learned how to push yourself in the gym, ever gone for that last rep that you didn't think was possible, then you've got the tools you need to get through this.

It's like working out: find out what you need to know about strokes, and recovery, and then start applying that knowledge with discipline. It's so devastating because you care so much for your mom. Take that caring and apply it to a solution and the road to recovery.

Next Thanksgiving, you'll be amazed at what you've accomplished.

Stay strong. Now more than ever.

I'm sure everyone here (myself included) are very sorry to hear about that. From the sound of your reaction I'd say you and her are very close. Just remember that not all people have this privelege. All you can really do is try your best to keep a level head (in other words when you start to think "fuck it all" a louder stronger voice has to SCREAM " Fuck that I'm right here". I've been is that seat before bro, and while I'm not you, I've made the mistake of wanting to just say fuck it. Fortunatly my friends and family, and my concious caught me before it was to late.

Try to do everything you can and you'll never fail bro. I'm sure that's all you mom would do for you, everything she could. Let us know what's up when you can and obviously my best thoughts are with her.

I feel for you too. It sounds like you take grief and pain out as anger. That's what I tend to do. If that's what you do, then you have to try not to take it out on the people around you. You'd be better off to take it out in the gym, or something, when you're up to it.

\|/ 3Toes

Sorry to hear about that man, My prayers are with you and yours.