Molly Galbraith Does 155lbs for 54 Reps

This is strange to me. A friend of mine lifts at your gym, and she raves about you all the time. Now, here you are on T-Nation and apparently you were one of the original PW. Small world.

Anyway, you’re very strong. Good luck on your road back. And please, please come by UK and pull 405 in front of all the guys in the weight room. I’d wager maybe 1/10 could do that.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
Classy like Grace Kelly and a striking resemblance if I recall - except for the strength and muscles part, of course.

Nice to see you back! Good luck getting your health, and head :), sorted.

[/quote]

Hey G!

You are too kind! And I’ll take the Grace Kelly compliment any day!!! :wink:

The health gets better and better… it’s the head that the worst right now. I just need to get a little confidence back. I spent so many years with my numbers slowly but surely going up and getting stronger. It’s a head trip struggling with weight that I once considered a “light warm-up.” In a few weeks I am lifting at The Sweatt Shop in Cincy with a bunch of super strong chicks. I am hoping that + being in the presence of Laura Phelps Sweatt will give me the kick in the pants (and the head) that I need to get back into it! We’ll see! =)

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
How come you stopped posting at all??

Miss ya Molly! [/quote]

Miss you too Miss Betty!!! =)

Honestly I think it was because I started training with Mike Robertson and I didn’t think it was fair to post his exact workouts online when he charges a lot of money for them. And since there wasn’t much exciting stuff to write in my log, I didn’t have much to say otherwise. Then I got so busy with work that I could hardly see straight (that’s still the case… but it’s a good thing!)

Then I re-joined Facebook for business purposes and now any time I am on the computer it’s writing articles or doing social media stuff either networking with other fitness professionals or getting good PR for my business. It’s mostly a time thing these days but now that I have been back for a couple of days… I am itching to come back. The problem is, I can’t dedicate the amount of time I would like to dedicate to everyone’s logs! We’ll see though! I may just pop back in occasionally when I have some spare time to keep up with everyone!

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Came in to browse PW for the first time in a few weeks. Excitedly went to this thread first because its always cool to see what Molly is up to. And the first fucking response is one of the FNG ripping on one of the baddest ass PWs…Shameful.

Molly- 54 reps on DL sounds brutal at just about any weight. Keep kicking ass.

Peace out bitches. I’m going back to the general logs. Someone let me know when this epic case of sandy vag that has been ruining the forum gets cleared up. [/quote]

BG! Wow… I don’t even know how to respond to that compliment. I am super flattered and pretty speechless. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. I have always respected the shit out of you AND your lifting. To read those things from you is just humbling as hell.

Yeah this thread went bad fast. I hate that it happened! =-/

GWHH - Thanks for sharing my 225 for 15. It’s no easy 30 reps but it’s still not a bad pull! =)

Kristoph - well thank you sir! Yeah I am def not here to fight with anyone. Not my style. I heard there was a thread about me, saw a rude-ish comment and didn’t understand the context, was super cranky and got my feelings and ego hurt (at a time where my ego is already taking a bit of a beating), got kinda snarky, realized why the original comment was made, and recognized that I shouldn’t have responded when I was in such a bad mood. Is what it is. =)

Haha yes it was hell! Made me realize why I don’t do CrossFit! =)

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:
Considering I ended up beating every female in the WORLD who did the challenge (who used the Rx’ed weight)… I would say that it would be funny to have some ladies from here try the challenges occasionally and win and prove that strength training > metcon work in just about every instance. (I also do less than 10-15 minutes of conditioning a week…and all the CF ladies do tons of conditioning and I still beat them =D)
[/quote]

Haha that’s awesome Molly.

Semi-related, I read this thread before going to bed last night and I had stupid dreams that I was going to have to do a metcon WOD for time in order to qualify for a powerlifting competition and I was pissed off at CrossFit’s influence. Thankfully I woke up and it wasn’t true lol.
[/quote]

Thank you! I was proud! It was so funny b/c when I posted my results and video on the “Beyond the Whiteboard” website and they saw that I won (a no-namer in the CF community) they all got mad because I waited until the last day to do the challenge and submit the video (not on purpose… I actually didn’t know it ended that day. It was a coincidence). However, I did go on the site and see who the leader was and how many reps they had done. The leader had done 52 reps… that way I had an idea of what to shoot for and could pace myself. Well I guess they all got their panties in a wad and said that, “waiting until the last minute just to eek out a couple more reps than the leader was bullshit, and it defies the CrossFit Spirit of ‘giving all you can’ and that shooting for a specific number is way different than just giving it your all, blah blah blah…” And they kept saying it was like cheating, it was BS… I just thought to myself… you mean it’s like, WINNING? It’s like being smart and pacing yourself and WINNING… right? Haha it was hilarious.

Oh geez! A metcon WOD to qualify for a PL meet… YIKES! Good thing it was a dream! Nice to hear from you dear! =) Hope you are well!

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I’ve watched the video a few times and it looks so freaking hard. I don’t think I’ve bent over that many times for anything. I’m fighting the urge to see what I can do in two minutes. Maybe I’ll give it a shot after my next meet.[/quote]

I remember thinking that after I did it! Like, “Dude… I don’t even think I could bend over and touch my toes 54 times in 2 minutes! Much less pick up a weight!” But seriously… I did the challenge at the local CF “box” and it’s really easy to see how people get swept up in doing CF! There were literally 50+ people there watching me and supporting me (I only told maybe 2-3 people I was going to try the challenge that night and word spread like wildfire…) and when they saw me getting tired they were cheering me on and keeping me going!

It was amazing! Afterwards I got tons of hugs and high fives and cheers. As much as people knock on CF… it really is one of the most incredible communities of people I have ever been around. Definitely helped! But yeah…let me know if you try it (like you said… def wait until after your meet!) but I wanna hear what you think! You could even scale it for your body weight. I was around 168 when I did the challenge… =)

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I don’t think I’ve bent over that many times for anything. [/quote]

HA!

I’m pretty sure I don’t do 54 total reps in TWO dl workouts.
[/quote]

I know! I normally don’t either! No wonder my glutes and hammies seized for about 25 minutes after I was done! My body’s way of saying WTF!? =)

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
This is strange to me. A friend of mine lifts at your gym, and she raves about you all the time. Now, here you are on T-Nation and apparently you were one of the original PW. Small world.

Anyway, you’re very strong. Good luck on your road back. And please, please come by UK and pull 405 in front of all the guys in the weight room. I’d wager maybe 1/10 could do that.[/quote]

Hey Heavy Triple!!

Who is your friend? That’s so cool! Yes it IS a small world! My training partner who lifts with me at LAC is on here as well (sbmart2) and she and I actually MET on here and have been friends ever since (almost 3 years now!)

Thank you! Yes it’s a long and winding road. I have hit a ton of rep PR’s on both main movement and accessory movements in the last several months but no 1RM PR’s and it’ confusing and frustrating and un-motivating and super motivating all at the same time!

It’s just so weird to me that 2 years ago I had no glutes, no hammies, and no abs… and yet now that I have gotten WAY stronger in those areas I am struggling to be as strong as I was before…? It’s DEFINITELY a mental thing! I need unmarked weight plates or something! Like at my meet when I pulled 341… it looked like 185! No wonder it felt easy! =)

Anyway… I might come by and lift at UK sometime! Are you at the Johnson Center? That would be quite fun to stop by there and freak out all the guys by pulling 405! =)

Thanks for commenting! Talk soon!

Hey Molly, another newbie here. That looked tough but your form towards the very end remained solid, much more solid than some of the guys doing 1 rep in my old-old gym.

I understand you have some health/thryiod problems, its very encouraging to see you kept going and worked on your weaknesses. I only have a taste of what it must be like now and then, I get these episodes but I’ve been tested for all kinds of things and nothing. Anyway enough about me, great vid & attitude (especially since you don’t know the person who posted???).

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I’ve watched the video a few times and it looks so freaking hard. I don’t think I’ve bent over that many times for anything. I’m fighting the urge to see what I can do in two minutes. Maybe I’ll give it a shot after my next meet.[/quote]

I remember thinking that after I did it! Like, “Dude… I don’t even think I could bend over and touch my toes 54 times in 2 minutes! Much less pick up a weight!” But seriously… I did the challenge at the local CF “box” and it’s really easy to see how people get swept up in doing CF! There were literally 50+ people there watching me and supporting me (I only told maybe 2-3 people I was going to try the challenge that night and word spread like wildfire…) and when they saw me getting tired they were cheering me on and keeping me going! It was amazing! Afterwards I got tons of hugs and high fives and cheers. As much as people knock on CF… it really is one of the most incredible communities of people I have ever been around. Definitely helped! But yeah…let me know if you try it (like you said… def wait until after your meet!) but I wanna hear what you think! You could even scale it for your body weight. I was around 168 when I did the challenge… =)

[/quote]

So if I’m sitting around 135 what would the weight scale to?

so this is the infamous molly! nice to meet you finally. your story is an inspiration. i say that a lot… but it is true :slight_smile: love to hear when people make it out of injury / health issues to go on to kick some serious ass. gives me some hope for myself.

Please please please get pictures/video of the bro’s faces at UK if you do go there and pull four plates. I sigh happily just imagining it. laugh

The point you make about CF is quite true; there’s a girl in one of my classes who goes to a CF gym and loooves it. The feeling of support and the high energy are mostly what she talks about.

Hardy har har that they (‘they’) got their panties in a bunch over you coming in at the last minute and beating them. In my head they’re all sitting around in the gym trying to figure out a way to disqualify you and failing. The image also involves old-school parliamentary wigs and bad British accents, oddly. It’s an unfortunate counterpoint to the spirit of community and involvement the CF community presents during their events and workouts.

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

Anyway, you’re very strong. Good luck on your road back. And please, please come by UK and pull 405 in front of all the guys in the weight room. I’d wager maybe 1/10 could do that.[/quote]

Hey Heavy Triple!!

Who is your friend? That’s so cool! Yes it IS a small world! My training partner who lifts with me at LAC is on here as well (sbmart2) and she and I actually MET on here and have been friends ever since (almost 3 years now!)

Thank you! Yes it’s a long and winding road. I have hit a ton of rep PR’s on both main movement and accessory movements in the last several months but no 1RM PR’s and it’ confusing and frustrating and un-motivating and super motivating all at the same time!

It’s just so weird to me that 2 years ago I had no glutes, no hammies, and no abs… and yet now that I have gotten WAY stronger in those areas I am struggling to be as strong as I was before…? It’s DEFINITELY a mental thing! I need unmarked weight plates or something! Like at my meet when I pulled 341… it looked like 185! No wonder it felt easy! =)

Anyway… I might come by and lift at UK sometime! Are you at the Johnson Center? That would be quite fun to stop by there and freak out all the guys by pulling 405! =)

Thanks for commenting! Talk soon![/quote]

Her name is Rachel and apparently you’ve helped her and her training partner with their squats. I’ve heard nothing but good things about LAC…much better atmosphere than UA as far as I can tell. You may know Blake; I went to high school with him. Another guy posts on here and goes by Tom something.

Oh yea, I hate learning that I’m doing something wrong and then having to fight back to get where I was. But you’ll get there, it’s just a matter of time. And absolutely, the mental aspect is HUGE.

Yep, good ol’ JC. I think that might actually scare off a lot of them for good…this would be beneficial to me :).

[quote]ironcross wrote:
Half the women on here could do that in their sleep. Check out Brute’s 225lbs for 30 reps.[/quote]

This has to be one of the most terrible callouts ever. I doubt its even close to true but even if it
were the case, it doesn’t matter. If you are calling someone out, it doesn’t matter if your coach,
uncle, aunt, best friend, some random fuck from the gym, or your dog can out do it, it matters
if you can princess. Find your prescribed weight bust out the camera and lets see your stuff
or perhaps a public mea culpa is in order.

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:
@Iron Cross - clearly that was quite the colossal misunderstanding. I was extremely cranky and tired last night, and yes offended at the comment for sure… although now I know it wasn’t intended to be a shot at me. And yes, I agree, plenty of the ladies on here could do something like that (It was a CrossFit challenge posted on Beyond the Whiteboard. I have never done CF, but used to rent space from the one where I live and they encouraged me to do this particular challenge b/c they know DL is my best lift).

Considering I ended up beating every female in the WORLD who did the challenge (who used the Rx’ed weight)… I would say that it would be funny to have some ladies from here try the challenges occasionally and win and prove that strength training > metcon work in just about every instance. (I also do less than 10-15 minutes of conditioning a week…and all the CF ladies do tons of conditioning and I still beat them =D)

Either way, you are correct. Many ladies on here are more impressive than I am, but I wouldn’t consider the video above an ordinary feat. =)

Nice to “meet” you Iron Cross. Apologize for my part of the misunderstanding.

[/quote]

I feel like a giant bitch now. I’m sorry. I really thought this was another troll post from a guy who’d never been in Powerful Women before. I was feeling defensive regarding the awesome women who post in here, never realizing that you’re one of them. My apologies.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:
@iron cross - sorry my video bores you so much. I’ll be sure to have you pre-approve any other video before it gets posted to ensure it meets your standards. =)

[/quote]

Yeah, she’s new and doesn’t know you. Didn’t know me, either before she showed her ass in another thread. She’s also in the 1/2 that couldn’t do it waking or sleeping.

if she DID know you, she’d realize that you’re one of the original PW, smart as hell, consistently bettering yourself in every avenue, and a thorough lady no matter what.

I’m thinking GWHH just stumbled across your video somewhere and found it worth sharing. I, for one, NEVER mind that angle or watching you lift.
[/quote]

My knowing you or not wouldn’t have prevented me from responding the way I did in Nikki’s thread. How much you can lift doesn’t justify treating others poorly.

It really was a misunderstanding. I’m sure I would agree with the later part of your post if I got to know her.

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:
Half the women on here could do that in their sleep. Check out Brute’s 225lbs for 30 reps.[/quote]

This has to be one of the most terrible callouts ever. I doubt its even close to true but even if it
were the case, it doesn’t matter. If you are calling someone out, it doesn’t matter if your coach,
uncle, aunt, best friend, some random fuck from the gym, or your dog can out do it, it matters
if you can princess. Find your prescribed weight bust out the camera and lets see your stuff
or perhaps a public mea culpa is in order.

[/quote]

I couldn’t do it, but I did feel upset original because I thought some random guy was showing up and posting a random video off of the internet to show the Powerful Women how it’s done. I know that several of the women on here could do this and I was trying to stand up for them. My apologies.

Molly- You do sound like an awesome woman and I hope you accept my apologies. It sounds like I have a lot to learn from you. It’d be great if you would start posting here again.