T Nation

Mold Me

So I’m new to this forum. I had found an article by Jen Heath on the Anabolic Diet and decided I would give my everything in to it. I’m at the end of week 2 and I KNOW I’m doing this wrong. So I came here.

A little background:
I’m a 26 year old female, 135#, 5’5", 25% BF. I had my baby girl about 13 mos ago and have lost 70lbs since. I started in Nov '07 with CrossFit. I don’t care what anyone says but it’s done my body plenty of good. I’m more fit now than I was in AFROTC in college.

I’m below pre-pregnancy weight but I still have that excess fat. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be strong, lean and muscular but never REALLY knew how. That’s why I’m here–to learn how.

Currently, I weight train (only) about three times a week, M, W and F. On the other three days, I CrossFit or at least try to. I have the basics at home so I don’t go to a Globo Gym…oly bar, weights, pull up bar and great running shoes.

I need help with the AD. I want to put everything I can in to it because I believe it works. I don’t want to supplement with anything I don’t need to unless it’s something like Fish Oil, which I already use. Here are my numbers:

135 x 18 = 2430 (2400)

M-F
Fat 2400*.6= 1440
Protein 2400*.4= 960

S-S
Fat 2400*.15= 360
Protein 2400*.25= 600
Carbs 2400*.60= 1440

Grams M-F
Fat 1440/9 = 160g
Protein 960/4= 240g

Grams S-S
Fat 360/9= 40g
Protein 600/4= 150g
Carbs 1440/4= 360g

Per Meal M-F
Fat 27g/ Protein 40g

Per Meal S-S
Fat 7g/ Protein 25g/ Carbs 60g

My issue is starting off with a big breakfast (where I get most of the day’s protein and fat)…then a few hours later I’m still full. HUGE problem. So I cut down and tried to space it but still wasn’t hungry. Doing fine without the carbs but I think I’m stumbling in to hidden carbs.

I take protein shakes post-work out. Sometimes with or without whole milk. Just depends on my carbs. Though, I’ve been told to add olive oil and heavy whipping cream…some say yes and some no to that.

Break it down to me because I’m a newb and crave information…

What foods are you eating?

Download Fit Day and record what goes in your mouth for 3 days then come back.

[quote]mrsmommyb wrote:
So I’m new to this forum. I had found an article by Jen Heath on the Anabolic Diet and decided I would give my everything in to it. I’m at the end of week 2 and I KNOW I’m doing this wrong. So I came here.

A little background:
I’m a 26 year old female, 135#, 5’5", 25% BF. I had my baby girl about 13 mos ago and have lost 70lbs since. I started in Nov '07 with CrossFit. I don’t care what anyone says but it’s done my body plenty of good. I’m more fit now than I was in AFROTC in college.

I’m below pre-pregnancy weight but I still have that excess fat. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be strong, lean and muscular but never REALLY knew how. That’s why I’m here–to learn how.

Currently, I weight train (only) about three times a week, M, W and F. On the other three days, I CrossFit or at least try to. I have the basics at home so I don’t go to a Globo Gym…oly bar, weights, pull up bar and great running shoes.

I need help with the AD. I want to put everything I can in to it because I believe it works. I don’t want to supplement with anything I don’t need to unless it’s something like Fish Oil, which I already use. Here are my numbers:

135 x 18 = 2430 (2400)

M-F
Fat 2400*.6= 1440
Protein 2400*.4= 960

S-S
Fat 2400*.15= 360
Protein 2400*.25= 600
Carbs 2400*.60= 1440

Grams M-F
Fat 1440/9 = 160g
Protein 960/4= 240g

Grams S-S
Fat 360/9= 40g
Protein 600/4= 150g
Carbs 1440/4= 360g

Per Meal M-F
Fat 27g/ Protein 40g

Per Meal S-S
Fat 7g/ Protein 25g/ Carbs 60g

My issue is starting off with a big breakfast (where I get most of the day’s protein and fat)…then a few hours later I’m still full. HUGE problem. So I cut down and tried to space it but still wasn’t hungry. Doing fine without the carbs but I think I’m stumbling in to hidden carbs.

I take protein shakes post-work out. Sometimes with or without whole milk. Just depends on my carbs. Though, I’ve been told to add olive oil and heavy whipping cream…some say yes and some no to that.

Break it down to me because I’m a newb and crave information…[/quote]

Ok well one little thing (im in a bit of a rush).

I LOVE a huge breakfast that leaves me full for hours!

HOWEVER!

Make use of what Shugart calls “volumetrics”… but reverse things =] Find foods that are more nutrient dense for a given volume. e.g. legumes/berries with relatively low gi vs. non starchy green veg for carbs etc.

Hope that helps!