Mods: Keep the Over-35 Logs

[quote]daddyzombie wrote:
hel320 wrote:
Colin, we were holding you in in reserve for the afore threatened speedo pictures. Start practicing your posing routine. I’ll be appearing in my bvds with the hearts on them.

LMAO…As I realize my log hasn’t been moved, I do wish all of our logs to remain right here for all of the reasons previously stated.

[/quote]

sssshhhhh i’m hoping they don’t realize they missed some…

I’m back from a two week vacation aka feeding frenzy and where may i find the speedo photos? I have thought of starting a log now that I am 5 months out from my first competition. It will be titled “hard aza fossil” and because of my laid back no brainer style of training may not be recognized as a training log.

I too have nothing inspiring to add except, leave us old farts alone, please. And to say ‘NO’ to speedo’s… please! LOL!
(BTW, I’m still in the Over 35 section)

hel, if I got down to the 218 weight class(I think thats a class) and squated 500, deadlifted 500 and benched 400 would I get blown away or do OK? I have no idea about powerlifting. thanks, eco

also, do the lifting shirts and suit for squating help a lot…I don’t even use a belt now.

1400 total is pretty good. Blown away is a relative term. Although you are competing against everyone in your class, it’s the darnedest thing, they all want you to do your best and make your lifts. I have been to meets where they cheered just as loud for the 17 year old boy benching 225 as the 28 year old benching 700. The thing is, just do it. Pick a meet, train for it, and then get hooked! DZ just finished his first ask him how it went, I think you will love it!

Shirts and squat suits do help but it is a personal preference. i have used a single ply and got 70 pounds out of it on my bench. But I have also competed raw and had just as much fun. I would do your first meet raw and once you decide if you like it or not you can start putting out the $$ for the shirts. Going raw you only need a belt and some chucks…

[quote]gramzilla wrote:
I’m back from a two week vacation aka feeding frenzy and where may i find the speedo photos? I have thought of starting a log now that I am 5 months out from my first competition. It will be titled “hard aza fossil” and because of my laid back no brainer style of training may not be recognized as a training log.[/quote]

They have been threatening me with having to wear speedo’s forever. One of these days I am going to actually post a pick and burn every one’s retina’s out…lol

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
gramzilla wrote:
I’m back from a two week vacation aka feeding frenzy and where may i find the speedo photos? I have thought of starting a log now that I am 5 months out from my first competition. It will be titled “hard aza fossil” and because of my laid back no brainer style of training may not be recognized as a training log.

They have been threatening me with having to wear speedo’s forever. One of these days I am going to actually post a pick and burn every one’s retina’s out…lol
[/quote]

Go for it!!

I just want to say I agree with everyone here that the Over 35 training journals should be left alone, or at least in their separate directory. It’s like a community here that has just had a freeway built through it.

Stu

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
also, do the lifting shirts and suit for squating help a lot…I don’t even use a belt now.[/quote]

Got to Heavythrowers log here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=965482&pageNo=54#bottom
…and ask the question of Quartertoner. He knows a lot more about lifting with suits and stuff.

NOTE to WHOEVER: This would have been easier if HT’s log hadn’t been moved.

I’ll voice my support for the 35+'s to keep their logs here. Your forum is way more civil than any of the others.

I can’t hang with “the YOUNG,DUMB,FULL-O-CUM” crowd. I was happy with my ‘old-timers’, geezerjocks, has-beens, wannabe’s, neverwas’s. I like being able to tell my coulda, shoulda woulda stories to those that can truly appreciate them. The cameraderie among our gang is second to none & none they’ve split us up…I may have to give some CPR to my old master’s nats thread just for shits and giggles.

Hey, Over 35’ers,

TC wasn’t aware of your request to keep your logs on this forum, so I’ve forwarded your request to him. Expect a response tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mod Laurie.

We’re a pretty tight group, posting on each others threads all the time - so it sorta felt like exile to be in the Training Logs forum…

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Hey, Over 35’ers,

TC wasn’t aware of your request to keep your logs on this forum, so I’ve forwarded your request to him. Expect a response tomorrow. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Thanks.

I’m a 52 year old lifter and I’d sure prefer to start with my logs here now that I’m finally making some progress.

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Hey, Over 35’ers,

TC wasn’t aware of your request to keep your logs on this forum, so I’ve forwarded your request to him. Expect a response tomorrow. :slight_smile: [/quote]

That would be great.

I would prefer my log ( http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1955923) to stay with the over 35 crowd. So much more polite. Plus they type whole words, in English no less!

Regards,

Burnesy

Mod Laurie, Thank you very much, greatly appreciated

Thanks Laurie and TC (Cuase I know you don’t want to piss off the AARP crowd!)

Burnsy - Funny stuff there, lol!

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
gramzilla wrote:

[/quote]

OK… I am going to take one for the team, I will sacrifice myself seeing as I am the “new guy”. Kinda like Star Trek and the only guy from the crew on a strange planet wearing the red shirt. You knew somethin’ bad was gonna happen… so here it is.
If the Training logs are not returned post haste… I will post pictures of myself in every thread I can, starting with T-Cell Alpha, wearing a thong… BACKWARDS!
Don’t make me do it… I will y’know… I’m… I’m crazzzyyy!

Guys, I was just alerted to your problem.

Let me see what I can do about this.

It might have to wait a couple of days, though.

Something pretty big is supposed to happen to the site today and all of us will be pretty busy making sure there aren’t any bugs.

Stand tight,
TC

TC, you got a minute to answer a training question?