Mods: Keep the Over-35 Logs

The recent addition of the new forum sections resulted in many of our posts being transferred. Having read the “Return of the Dog Pound” thread I understand many of the non-over 35 members objected to people posting their routines, logs, and diets in the body building forum. I don’t believe we who frequent this forum share that objection. Posting our logs is an integral part of some of our threads and many of our members are actively involved with each others progress. If at all possible I ask you not to transfer our logs from the Over 35 lifter forum.

We seem to get along a very well in this forum and have so far managed to avoid much of the flaming occurring elsewhere. I don’t presume to speak for all the posters here but believe this opinion to be shared by most. I’m sure those with a different opinion will post a rebuttal. Please don’t force us to begin posting pictures of ourselves in speedos in other sections. The outcry form the rest of the site would be deafening.

Harry love

[quote]hel320 wrote:
The recent addition of the new forum sections resulted in many of our posts being transferred. Having read the “Return of the Dog Pound” thread I understand many of the non-over 35 members objected to people posting their routines, logs, and diets in the body building forum. I don’t believe we who frequent this forum share that objection. Posting our logs is an integral part of some of our threads and many of our members are actively involved with each others progress. If at all possible I ask you not to transfer our logs from the Over 35 lifter forum. We seem to get along a very well in this forum and have so far managed to avoid much of the flaming occurring elsewhere. I don’t presume to speak for all the posters here but believe this opinion to be shared by most. I’m sure those with a different opinion will post a rebuttal. Please don’t force us to begin posting pictures of ourselves in speedos in other sections. The outcry form the rest of the site would be deafening.

Harry love
[/quote]

I second all that on the basis of my few months here: The – frankly sensible and welcome – logic of having a separate forum already for the “mature lifter” speaks as well for allowing the members of the forum to continue to profile their (various) training methods among themselves. Not to take away anything from the younger fellows posting on T-Nation, but many of the logs found here present a particularly valuable and helpful view on the interrelations of training and other life situations and challenges from which, most likely, this group itself primarily benefits.

Please leave us to our green pastures. Thank You!!

Looks like some were moved, some weren’t. The threads with the words “log”, “journal” and “training” in their title are gone.

Now I have to wade through all the wippersnapper’s in the Training Logs forum, just to see what my boyz are up to. And Momma don’t like that.

And hel, you’ve got me thinking about speedos, now.

I have to agree with everyone so far. As much as I like to follow along with the younger crowd…this older generation that I am happy to be a part of can be a little finicky at times. Thanks for leaving us alone!

I posted a request to have my thread moved back here last night and it was immediately deleted. Apparently the powers that be will not tolerate dissension.

I received a curt PM stating that no exceptions would be allowed.

Oh boy, I echo hel and the rest of you guys. I guess its not good enough to be civil and mature.

Oh well the only thing constant is change…Even when it sucks out loud!!

I also agree with the rest of the old timers. Hey Mods, weren’t you brought up to respect your elders? We have the least flaming, the least fighting, and the most to gain by being able to log with one another. Give us old guys a break, will you (all) please?

Don’t have much to add, except to say that I agree with the others in this thread.

Hel, they move your old blog with all those entries? that blows

Well -

I can see why such an action might be taken. Posting training logs in one place isn’t such a bad idea when such threads have started interrupting or obstructing actual conversation.

However, our group is a little different in that our conversations take place within and among our logs. It’s like we’re all in the gym, bullshitting between sets.

Perhaps the mods would consider an “Old Farts Dungeon” similar to the “T-Cell Alpha” for our little crew. We seem to be the most frequent and consistent posters on the Over 35 Lifter Forum.

It would get us out of the way of the important TRT threads (not being snotty, there’s good info there for folks that need it) and maybe be a useful resource for older lifters starting/returning to the iron

Just a thought.

I’m posting not to add anything that hasn’t already been stated better but to just add my name to the online petition.

They just can’t leave us “More experenced” lifters alone I guess, even after I spent all that money on Surge, LOL…

Edited to say Wow they left mine alone? I don’t get any brownie points for always pissing off the mods…

Colin, we were holding you in in reserve for the afore threatened speedo pictures. Start practicing your posing routine. I’ll be appearing in my bvds with the hearts on them.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Colin, we were holding you in in reserve for the afore threatened speedo pictures. Start practicing your posing routine. I’ll be appearing in my bvds with the hearts on them.[/quote]

Stop the threats and deliver the pics.

Sorry I started a new thread for this. Didn’t see this one before I wrote the other post. But I agree wholeheartedly.

you’d like to see Colin in speedos and Hel with a heart on, too?

[quote]skidmark wrote:
you’d like to see Colin in speedos and Hel with a heart on, too?[/quote]

Sure. Then, I’ll have seen everything, and can die happy.

Trust me NO ONE wants to see me in speed O’s ROFL

I liked seeing the logs I found some rather inspiring.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Colin, we were holding you in in reserve for the afore threatened speedo pictures. Start practicing your posing routine. I’ll be appearing in my bvds with the hearts on them.[/quote]

LMAO…As I realize my log hasn’t been moved, I do wish all of our logs to remain right here for all of the reasons previously stated.