My experiment with the Coan/Philippi Deadlift Cycle.
I used to keep my log over in the Westside thread. But I’m going to be trying some different things for the next few months, and I thought it would be good to keep a new log for posterity sake.
A quick background…I’ve been lifting on and off for the past 15 year or so. I got into Powerlifting about a year and a half ago, and I’ve been using a modified Westside template since then.
My last 5 month training cycle was about as close to a tradtional cycle as it got, with the only changes being that I trained my lats on my lower days, and that I rotated 2 weeks of DE work with 2 weeks of RE work.
I have 4 PL meets under my belt, and I compete in the 275 unequipped division right now. I have nothing against gear, and I usually use as much gear as is allowed in the “raw” division. I use a belt for my squats, wrist wraps for my squats and bench, and knee sleeves for my squats. I don’t use a belt when I deadlift only because it is uncomfortable.
My best unequipped lifts so far in competition:
Squat - 502
Bench - 365
Deadlift - 605
This thread is started in an effort to improve these numbers and move me closer to a Raw Elite total.