Modifying Meltdown Training for Chest Work

Hey guys, quick question.

Is it just me or is meltdown training extremely light on chest exercises? The only direct chest exercises are dips and pushups.

The reason I ask is this: I have gained a lot of weight over the past 3 years (like 25lbs due to a combination of work/stress/injury/bad dieting). I just let go for too long(in fairness, I work 90 hrs/wk and its hard to consistently exercise) and i’ve definitely gained fat and lost muscle in that time period. my chest was always lagging and never got very good development.

anyways, my priority is getting my weight down so I am currently easing my way into Meltdown Training after a long hiatus from working out. my concern is that if/when I get my weight down, I may have what looks like a 7 year old’s flat chest.

I realize its hard to shed fat and build muscle simultaneously but has anyone else modified the routine to shed the fat and further develop the chest?

[quote]bdiddy78 wrote:
Hey guys, quick question.

Is it just me or is meltdown training extremely light on chest exercises? The only direct chest exercises are dips and pushups.

I realize its hard to shed fat and build muscle simultaneously but has anyone else modified the routine to shed the fat and further develop the chest?
[/quote]
You answered your own question.

Go ahead and modify it if it makes you feel better but you will probably not build new muscle in your chest while on a calorie deficit. However, if you are starting from an untrained state you will build strength and residual tension in the chest which can only help.

You’ll be fine. Do the program as is. Dips are a proven mass builder