Modifying Lat Width

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
← It works and hurts pretty fucking bad.

I understand why Dante won’t speak about it and since Blackaggar didn’t say anything I’m not saying either.[/quote]

I knew you would know about it

If you dig deep enough you will find it but its not something I would talk about[/quote]

Yeah man, I read up on some old thread were Dante talked about it a while ago and just went to the gym to experiment a bit.

Then I heard the “pop” and felt the stabbing pain and knew I had done something right. :slight_smile:

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I understand why Dante won’t speak about it and since Blackaggar didn’t say anything I’m not saying either.[/quote]

If you dig deep enough you will find it but its not something I would talk about[/quote]

do you or delta believe in his other 2 manipulations or had any success with them

ribcage expansion as well as the shoulder girdle/width

and in regards to scapular manipulation were you lucky enough to get both sides done in the same time span

asking out of curiosity [/quote]

Ribcage expansion can fuck you up if you’re not carefull, so I never dug around about it or tried to do it.

Scapular poping does help a lot with back width but, seriously, it’s…“dangerous” per say, and you need to know what you are doing, reason why Aggar and I are not talking about it (also cause I think Dante has better judgement, so if he doesn’t think it’s wise to share the knowledge, so do I). I only did it once to both sides and I saw amazing difference in my lat spread. Go to IM and read up on what Dante said about this, especially the part about Ribcage expansion.

BTW man, I got your PM but I can’t answer it, pms were turned off, email is in my hub, or you can PM hlss and ask him for my email.

[/quote]

yeah read up on all this a couple days ago out of boredom before this thread popped up

dont really wanna try this out (if i ever do) until ive reached a respectable back size in the first place

only asked about both sides ‘pooping’ … cause i found it funny how the guy that couldnt must have looked lopsided for a ages since it took him a while to duplicate it

yeah i read that it (ribcage expansion) f’d up his physique up and regretted it

thats fine thanks alot got your email now will copy and paste my message to you

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

Yeah man, I read up on some old thread were Dante talked about it a while ago and just went to the gym to experiment a bit.

Then I heard the “pop” and felt the stabbing pain and knew I had done something right. :slight_smile:

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

do you or delta believe in his other 2 manipulations or had any success with them

ribcage expansion as well as the shoulder girdle/width

and in regards to scapular manipulation were you lucky enough to get both sides done in the same time span

asking out of curiosity [/quote]

Ribcage expansion can fuck you up if you’re not carefull, so I never dug around about it or tried to do it.

Scapular poping does help a lot with back width but, seriously, it’s…“dangerous” per say, and you need to know what you are doing, reason why Aggar and I are not talking about it (also cause I think Dante has better judgement, so if he doesn’t think it’s wise to share the knowledge, so do I). I only did it once to both sides and I saw amazing difference in my lat spread. Go to IM and read up on what Dante said about this, especially the part about Ribcage expansion.

BTW man, I got your PM but I can’t answer it, pms were turned off, email is in my hub, or you can PM hlss and ask him for my email.

[/quote]

i thought it was cool but never tried it lol

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Apparently, it was also first mentioned in some printed newsletters back in the day; just interested in what some peoples’ thoughts are on this as a legitimate technique, whether they would bother with it, etc. - thanks.[/quote]

Yes, it was in his Hardcore Muscle newsletter he published back in the 90s.

Here’s the full article Dante wrote:

By: Dante

Structural Adaption: I have pondered back and forth whether to write this article because it surely will bring me lots of grief from disbelievers. Let me state some guidelines first- The following is true, I swear by it, Iâ??ve seen it happen, Iâ??ve taken about 8 people through these steps including myself- It works.

If you think it is bunk, that it is dangerous/unhealthy, or it just canâ??t be done because it doesnâ??t sound right to youâ??donâ??t bother to write me about itâ??Iâ??ve seen it happen and you canâ??t change my mind. It is very hard to describe on paper- I have only brought people through it in person. So try at your own risk. —Stretching out the frame and structure- can it be done? Parillo thinks it can to some degree.

Many have cited football players who were small framed in high school and bulked up in bodyweight. When they came back down to normal size standards, the frame (shoulder girdle, ribcage etc) are so much larger. The body will adapt to a larger bodyweight. I have never seen someone who started to do weighted chins continuously thru the years, not get a dramatic widening of the shoulder girdle. I ask you what is the most broken structures among high school football players? Collarbone, ribcage, sternum.

This is all pliable tissue when you are young and will spread out and grow if you work it while you are still young (past 30 is about impossible). There are three main areas I can stretch. You guys would freak if I showed you some before and after shots of hard structure stretches over time. I can get the shoulders out somewhat, the ribcage too, but I can really move the lat spread out there. The ribcage: Read this carefully, you would only want to stretch out the rib-cage in certain situations.

You have to take stock in your physique first. If you have high lats you probably donâ??t want to stretch out your ribcage. Look where your lats connect (bottom insertion) on the torso. If the bottom of your ribcage on the side is higher or even with your insertion then you will get even a more dramatic flare on your lat spread. Your ribcage will bellow out with your lats and you will have a helluva flare. If your ribs are too low, and you stretch out with your ribcage dramatically this could ruin your lat flare as it will flare down and then out again where your ribcage is. Not good.

So this is a decision you will have to make. The old standard dumbbell pullover across the bench will stretch it right over time. Get a heavy dumbbell and as you stretch it out and over your head as far back as possible-at the same time sink your hips as far downs as you can. Straighten your legs to get even more of a stretch. Seriously you only need about one set a couple times a week for about 5 reps each. At the very start of the movement breathe in as much air as humanly possible (even until your taking baby breathes in) and then hold the air and lower the dumbbell. Repeat on each rep.

It is probably not the healthiest thing to do as far as blood pressure but it seems the only way to do the trick. You might get a little light-headed from holding your breath. Key Note: At the very bottom of your stretch try to push your sternum up and out (very important)— The shoulder girdle is difficult to move but it can be done. If you have done weighted chins over time with heavy weights you should be all set. But if you donâ??t well here we go.

After your back workout hang a heavy dumbbell on a dipping belt and attach to your waist. Stand up on a bench and take the widest comfortable grip (WITH STRAPS!!!) on the chinning bar. Then just hang and sag back while doing so. We use a 100LB dumbbell, and we try to make it for 3 minutes but never do. You arms will feel like they are coming out of the sockets. Just lean back and grit it out for as long as you can. (Bobby Brady watch out). You might think itâ??s silly but you tell me what happens over a years time.

My shoulders are DRAMATICALLY wider than they were in high school and I used to hang religiously. Lastly, this one is hard to explain. The area your scapula occupy is made up of a whole bunch of pliable tissue, and you can actually get your scapula to rotate out tremendously further with this one. I have seen inches put on a lat spread with this one. Grab a doorknob overhand (both sides)â??lean back and push your ass way out, so now you are eye level with the doorknob. Simultaneously, with your back rounded and chest sunken, pull yourself up and forward (FLEXING YOUR LATS OUT) and push back with your feet to make it harder.

The day you create so much tension and hold it is the day you will remember. You will feel a pop and a sharp pain (lasting about 3 days) in the inner scapula. You write me and tell me if the side that you got to pop isnâ??t at least an inch out wider than the other lat. Work on the other one!

Anyone who is interested in this would be adviced to search Muscle control, specifically in regards to Maxick. Should be plenty of information on this shit. I can’t swear it is the same thing, but similarly hard to believe.

Question, is this something that a natural trainee should avoid? I absolve T-Nation and any responder of any damage I inflict to myself, since I am retarded.

… and it all went to hell… so fast…

Really, I didn’t intend that. I just gave people more info on a similar topic

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
… and it all went to hell… so fast…[/quote]

lol i think we all knew it was only a matter or time

[quote]Stacked wrote:

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Apparently, it was also first mentioned in some printed newsletters back in the day; just interested in what some peoples’ thoughts are on this as a legitimate technique, whether they would bother with it, etc. - thanks.[/quote]

Yes, it was in his Hardcore Muscle newsletter he published back in the 90s.

Here’s the full article Dante wrote:

By: Dante

Structural Adaption: I have pondered back and forth whether to write this article because it surely will bring me lots of grief from disbelievers. Let me state some guidelines first- The following is true, I swear by it, Iâ??ve seen it happen, Iâ??ve taken about 8 people through these steps including myself- It works.

If you think it is bunk, that it is dangerous/unhealthy, or it just canâ??t be done because it doesnâ??t sound right to youâ??donâ??t bother to write me about itâ??Iâ??ve seen it happen and you canâ??t change my mind. It is very hard to describe on paper- I have only brought people through it in person. So try at your own risk. —Stretching out the frame and structure- can it be done? Parillo thinks it can to some degree.

Many have cited football players who were small framed in high school and bulked up in bodyweight. When they came back down to normal size standards, the frame (shoulder girdle, ribcage etc) are so much larger. The body will adapt to a larger bodyweight. I have never seen someone who started to do weighted chins continuously thru the years, not get a dramatic widening of the shoulder girdle. I ask you what is the most broken structures among high school football players? Collarbone, ribcage, sternum.

This is all pliable tissue when you are young and will spread out and grow if you work it while you are still young (past 30 is about impossible). There are three main areas I can stretch. You guys would freak if I showed you some before and after shots of hard structure stretches over time. I can get the shoulders out somewhat, the ribcage too, but I can really move the lat spread out there. The ribcage: Read this carefully, you would only want to stretch out the rib-cage in certain situations.

You have to take stock in your physique first. If you have high lats you probably donâ??t want to stretch out your ribcage. Look where your lats connect (bottom insertion) on the torso. If the bottom of your ribcage on the side is higher or even with your insertion then you will get even a more dramatic flare on your lat spread. Your ribcage will bellow out with your lats and you will have a helluva flare. If your ribs are too low, and you stretch out with your ribcage dramatically this could ruin your lat flare as it will flare down and then out again where your ribcage is. Not good.

So this is a decision you will have to make. The old standard dumbbell pullover across the bench will stretch it right over time. Get a heavy dumbbell and as you stretch it out and over your head as far back as possible-at the same time sink your hips as far downs as you can. Straighten your legs to get even more of a stretch. Seriously you only need about one set a couple times a week for about 5 reps each. At the very start of the movement breathe in as much air as humanly possible (even until your taking baby breathes in) and then hold the air and lower the dumbbell. Repeat on each rep.

It is probably not the healthiest thing to do as far as blood pressure but it seems the only way to do the trick. You might get a little light-headed from holding your breath. Key Note: At the very bottom of your stretch try to push your sternum up and out (very important)— The shoulder girdle is difficult to move but it can be done. If you have done weighted chins over time with heavy weights you should be all set. But if you donâ??t well here we go.

After your back workout hang a heavy dumbbell on a dipping belt and attach to your waist. Stand up on a bench and take the widest comfortable grip (WITH STRAPS!!!) on the chinning bar. Then just hang and sag back while doing so. We use a 100LB dumbbell, and we try to make it for 3 minutes but never do. You arms will feel like they are coming out of the sockets. Just lean back and grit it out for as long as you can. (Bobby Brady watch out). You might think itâ??s silly but you tell me what happens over a years time.

My shoulders are DRAMATICALLY wider than they were in high school and I used to hang religiously. Lastly, this one is hard to explain. The area your scapula occupy is made up of a whole bunch of pliable tissue, and you can actually get your scapula to rotate out tremendously further with this one. I have seen inches put on a lat spread with this one. Grab a doorknob overhand (both sides)â??lean back and push your ass way out, so now you are eye level with the doorknob. Simultaneously, with your back rounded and chest sunken, pull yourself up and forward (FLEXING YOUR LATS OUT) and push back with your feet to make it harder.

The day you create so much tension and hold it is the day you will remember. You will feel a pop and a sharp pain (lasting about 3 days) in the inner scapula. You write me and tell me if the side that you got to pop isnâ??t at least an inch out wider than the other lat. Work on the other one!
[/quote]

Hmmm, I think Dante’s a super smart guy, but really, I don’t see how this is all too dangerous. I mean if you do extreme stretching anyways, and do the doorknob stretch, this could probably happen by accident it sounds… I’d be more worried for broken doors and doorknobs then broken bones or injuries…

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I knew i should of just not posted anything lol.

Why you guys so fucking weird about information? Sounds like you guys got a letter from dante telling you to shut the fuck up. Nobody has derailed this thread, people are contemplating the movement and are perfectly capable of making a decision. Of course I have no opinion in this forum cause I’m not on roids, a full time model, or a fat asshole.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
Why you guys so fucking weird about information? Sounds like you guys got a letter from dante telling you to shut the fuck up. Nobody has derailed this thread, people are contemplating the movement and are perfectly capable of making a decision. Of course I have no opinion in this forum cause I’m not on roids, a full time model, or a fat asshole.[/quote]

LOL!

I quite agree. It’s almost as if they’re afraid of assuming some sort of liability for posting information that the reader isn’t forced to prescribe to or act on.

It’s not like anyone’s asking how to bring a bomb onto a commercial airliner. It’s a fucking body stretch!

lol

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I knew i should of just not posted anything lol. [/quote]

I’m thinking the same thing… I was gonna write some damage control, but I’m just gonna shut up now.

Some people here are either really, really dumb or like pretending they are. I wasn’t aware there were so many guys here who were about to step on stage and really needed to know this in order to stand out ( and there will be those that won’t understand the sarcasm here ). What blows my mind is that people don’t realize the liability isn’t on the guy who makes the choice to try this stuff, but it’s on the guy who orignally wrote about it. Oh, now I can see why Dante changed his mind on letting people know about this.

The irony is, people would rather try to change their physique using a “magical” extreme method, rather than actually spending some time in a gym building a good lat spread before worrying with this, as if, they had any real need of it.

Oh, but what do I know, I’m just a roided up asshole :slight_smile:

I think the concern is more of a moral one - if somebody were to injure themselves - since Dante even claimed he didn’t understand the science behind it, as well as how safe the methods are. I didn’t think the article would be outright posted and I apologize for that - I was mostly just looking for people’s opinions on this type of manipulation (sort of along the same lines as some people’s views on large increases in bodyweight permanently modifying a person’s structure or frame - I know Dante also sides with this view as well, and I believe he cited high school football players transferring to college, trying to keep up weight-wise, and then coming back with a completely different build).

Uh oh… this is bad… hope it gets deleted or edited really soon…

[quote]zraw wrote:
Uh oh… this is bad… hope it gets deleted or edited really soon…[/quote]

SERIOUSLY??

OMG… the sky is falling!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

SERIOUSLY??

OMG… the sky is falling![/quote]

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

SERIOUSLY??

You are one stupid motherfucker, just as dumb as all the idiots who will try this out and fuck themselves up

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

SERIOUSLY??

You are one stupid motherfucker, just as dumb as all the idiots who will try this out and fuck themselves up [/quote]

You seriously believe WITHHOLDING information is best? The fucking world’s libraries, bookstores, and the internet are full of dangerous information YOU would find questionable. Then again since you probably can’t think and make decisions for yourself, you assume we ALL suffer such a fate.

Did you read my above post… the one describing a similar scapular “popping” I did as a teen? Well I’m still alive and still able to move quite well at age 49.

Stop acting like you’re saving the world from injury. You’d be better off campaigning against cigarettes. Nobody is dying of cancer from lat stretches. Sheesh!

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

SERIOUSLY??

You are one stupid motherfucker, just as dumb as all the idiots who will try this out and fuck themselves up [/quote]

Wow, overreaction. Someone asks a question and people give vague answers/drop little hints that it is possible. They mention Dante, Dante wrote about saying it works. What the fuck do you expect. Dante could have kept a secret, you all could have just said it is not possible.