Modified Westside Routine

I love the conjugated method of periodiztion that westside uses but i modified it a little more to my likeing. I was wondering if this program would be too much volume. I wouldn’t be starting with this routine i would work up to this volume over 16-24 weeks and this would be where i want to be volume wise. This is just an example of what 1 phase would be, i wouldn’t be useing this exercises all the time i would change them up of course, but here goes.
Day1(Monday)Max effort lower body
Max effort exercise-goodmornings
front squat-3-5sets x 4-6reps
lunges- 2-4sets x 8-12reps
reverse hypers- 2-4sets x 8-10reps
abs- 2-4sets x 8-10reps
Day 2(Tuesday)Max effort upper body
Max effort exercise-board press
incline db press- 3-5sets x 4-6reps
dips- 2-4sets x 8-12reps
lying triceps extension-3-5setsx3-5reps
rear delt raise- 2-4setsx8-12
Day 4(Thursday)Dynamic lower body
hang snatch- 3-5setsx3reps
box squats- 8sets x 2 reps
glute ham raise- 3-5setsx4-6reps
reverse hypers- 3-5sets x 4-6 reps
abs- 3-5sets x 6-8 reps
Day 5(Friday) Dynamic upper body
bench press- 8setsx3reps
1 arm row- 3-5sets x 4-6 reps
seated row- 2-4sets x 8-12 reps
JM press- 3-5sets x 3-5reps
triceps pushdown- 2-4sets x 8-12 reps

The reason for the different number of sets per exercise is I would be cycleling the volume. I would start a 4 week cycle with a new exercise and start with the lowest number of sets, then i would add One set for the next 2 weeks trying to stay within the rep paremeters. Then on the 4th week of the cycle i would drop back down to the lowest number of sets and add weight. Then i would start a new 4 week block with another exercise. So on the exercises where i have 3-5 sets, i would only be dong 5 sets every 4 weeks. So does anybody have any advice for this routine or anyway to tips at all. Cause i really like this alot if you guys dont think its 2 high volume, i’ll prolly be using this format 70% of the time, every once in a while i will switch off to olympic lifting and maybe a higher rep bodybuilding routine MAYBE. But just curious as to what you guys think. Thanks alot.

I like what you did and I have similar thoughts myself. I think you should just try out yourself and see what happens. If you aren’t working out with a routine that keeps YOU motivated then it’s just not a routine for you.

I have also tried westside routine and decided to mix it up a bit. Don?t get me wrong I love westside but I also love olympic lifts so I have included some. I have pretty strong lower back and I really enjoy deadlifting so I’m gonna do max dl as well as max sq every 3 weeks and some sets above 80% every week for both. I also do box squats and speed pulls (=high pulls) every week.

Here’s my program for the next 3 weeks. After that I just change exercises and continue with the same outline.
I use training blocks almost similar to CT’s.

week 1 3-5 sets of 5-8 reps
week 2 3-6 sets of 3-6 reps
week 3 max 1-3 (something like 5 sets),

except box squats and dyn bench 6-9 sets of 2-3 reps every week

day 1:lower body
back squat
romanian deadlift
lunges
leg press
(abs, lower back, calves)

day 2:upper body
bench press