T Nation

Modern Man a Wimp Says Anthro

Wow, didn’t realize we sucked that much…

Speak for your self; I rock!

That being said, of course we’re nowhere near as strong/fast/agile as we used to be. When was the last time any one of us was chased by a tiger, or had to pass a rite of manhood to prove that we were worthy to breed? There is no reason for modern man to be what we used to be.

Hell, in my opinion, we’re not even half the badasses our grandfathers were. They ran the hills of Germany and Japan with 70 lb rucksacks and 15 lb rifles while smoking unfiltered cigarettes. They’d have drunken brawls and then buy each other a round instead of calling the cops/filing lawsuits.

What do we have that even compares to what out fore, or even three, fathers went through? Nothing! We’re hollow shells of what men have always been. At least a few of us have figured out that we can still try to be the hardcore men of yesteryear.

No fucking shit.

Homo neanderthalensis are NOT the same species of Homo sapiens

“Any Neanderthal woman could have beaten former bodybuilder and current California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an arm wrestle.”

…I hope so, seeing as he’s had heart surgery and is what 60 or 70 now?

Who cares!
We traded physical superiority and mental toughness in for intellectual and technological advancement.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Who cares!
We traded physical superiority and mental toughness in for intellectual and technological advancement.
[/quote]

Ladies and gentlemen, and this is why the Neanderthals went extinct and why we are still here.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Who cares!
[/quote]

So in the end we are screwed anyway

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Who cares!
[/quote]

Why can’t we have physical superiority, mental toughness, AND intellectual and technological advancement? I want it ALL.

And yes, rites of passage are a good thing for both men AND women.

[quote]kardon wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Who cares!

Why can’t we have physical superiority, mental toughness, AND intellectual and technological advancement? I want it ALL.

And yes, rites of passage are a good thing for both men AND women.[/quote]

Because laziness is the mother of all invention.

[quote]Carnage wrote:
kardon wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Who cares!

And yes, rites of passage are a good thing for both men AND women.

Because laziness is the mother of all invention.
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure the correct answer is that it’s too taxing on our energy demands; our brain already demands a ton of energy during the day, and if our body does too (as with bodybuilders) we’d be doomed as a species.

Could you image if every caveman was the size of Ronnie Coleman or even a Prof X? Hah! They didn’t have farms back in those days, have fun hunting 6000 to 7000 calories of meat a day.

There’s a lot to be said for what can be done to optimize the human body regardless of evolution.
What I mean is, if you are fed enough when you are young you can be taller than your brothers or sisters. The Japanese and other Asians are seen as diminutive but thats’s mopstly due to a few generations not having enough food/protein because of wars and the effect wars have on food supply.
I live in Taiwan and every day see boys and even some girls taller than me (I’m 6 feet)

So I say give your kid lots of peanut butter and milk!

Hasn’t this been posted like 13 times already?

I call bullshit. Sure we have some lazy fat fucks these days but the athletes of today are far superior than in my grandfathers time. I know for a fact that I could kick ass in any generation maybe you all just suck.

[quote]sevenmoist wrote:
I know for a fact that I could kick ass in any generation maybe you all just suck.[/quote]

lololololololol