Moderate Rep Calf Advice?

[quote]DallasV wrote:
I consider myself fairly average in the strength department, even though that’s my main reason for lifting;[/quote]
What are your numbers on the big three?

Also, for reference, roundabout what’s your bodyfat? Just a description, I don’t care about a percentage. At 6’1" and 230, are you on the husky side (like a stereotypical powerlifter belly?) or are you already pretty close to having abs?

Not for nothing, but your profile says you’re an 18-year old musician. Is that old info? What do you do for a living now, firefighter, SWAT, EMT?

If there’s one thing I know about training, it’s that you should definitely avoid doing things you don’t enjoy. That’s the fastest path to guaranteed results.

Dude. Seriously?

If you are 18, you need to understand that lifting is a long-term thing. Learning to pace yourself and adjust priorities in your training (and nutrition) when needed will only benefit you in the years down the road. Especially if you decide to compete. If you want to grow your calves, then take some time (a couple of months) and focus on them to some extent. If you follow a halfway-decent program, you won’t regress at all on your main lifts.

Then you’re actually 100% happy with your calves and there was no need for this thread. Cool beans.

Again, if you get with a good routine, you won’t have to deal with “a day of sub par work”. There have been tons of threads and articles about training calves, most recently here:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/calves_grow_em_big