Modafinil and CNS Stimulation

Coach,
Further to your post on pre workouts, I was wondering if you or your athletes came across Modafinil and what your thoughts are on using it for improving neural output? It doesn’t seem to affect CNS in a systemic way and appears to be a popular choice among the sprinting community.

[quote]juverulez wrote:
Coach,
Further to your post on pre workouts, I was wondering if you or your athletes came across Modafinil and what your thoughts are on using it for improving neural output? It doesn’t seem to affect CNS in a systemic way and appears to be a popular choice among the sprinting community.
[/quote]

it is a banned substance by the WADA so none of my athletes use it.

I see. I think it is an interesting compound for non-tested gym warriors as it doesn’t have an overt effect on cortisol production.

[quote]juverulez wrote:
I see. I think it is an interesting compound for non-tested gym warriors as it doesn’t have an overt effect on cortisol production. [/quote]

Then we will agree to disagree. I’ll stick to giving training advice :slight_smile:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]juverulez wrote:
I see. I think it is an interesting compound for non-tested gym warriors as it doesn’t have an overt effect on cortisol production. [/quote]

Then we will agree to disagree. I’ll stick to giving training advice :)[/quote]

Haha, apologies if this post has come across as cheeky, this wasn’t the intended measure.

[quote]juverulez wrote:

[quote]juverulez wrote:

Haha, apologies if this post has come across as cheeky, this wasn’t the intended measure. [/quote]

No worries. You have always been a valued poster and I think highly of you. I didn’t take this the wrong way at all.

Thank you coach, it means a lot coming from you.

I hope all is well on your front healthwise.

[quote]juverulez wrote:

[quote]juverulez wrote:

Haha, apologies if this post has come across as cheeky, this wasn’t the intended measure. [/quote]

No worries. You have always been a valued poster and I think highly of you. I didn’t take this the wrong way at all.[/quote]