Modafinil and Adrafanil

whats the best stimulant in terms of bang for your buck?

Price breakdown:

Adrafinil (Olmifon) is 40 x 300mg for $40.

Modafinil (ProVigil) 30 x 100mg tablets is $184.99.
Modafinil (Modiodal) 30 x 100mg tablets is $179.99.
Modafinil (Alertec) 30 x 100mg tablets is $149.99.

and the generic brand modalert is 60 x 200mg for $99 + $18 shipping.

(I found these prices at antiaging-systems.com)

any current or ex-users of these stimulants want to give their thoughts?

As of right now, I am thinking I should go for the adrafinil or the modalert–unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Oh man. Please don’t pay prices that high lol. At least go to airsealed.

I would go with whatever is cheapest. Brand name won’t matter. Modafinil is preferable to adrafinil, but I’d still use adrafinil if it was significantly cheaper.

Why on earth do you need those drugs unless you have chronic fatigue and it’s affecting your work!

Adrafinil is much weaker than modafinil but even so …

Wiki says:

“Adrafinil is a mild central nervous system stimulant drug used to relieve excessive sleepiness and inattention in elderly patients. It is also used off-label by individuals wishing to avoid fatigue, such as night workers or others who need to stay awake and alert for long periods of time”

and

"Modafinil (Provigil) is a stimulant-like drug manufactured by Cephalon, and is approved by the FDA for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder,[1] and obstructive sleep apnea.[2] "

Why are you wanting to take them?

[quote]echelon101 wrote:
Why on earth do you need those drugs unless you have chronic fatigue and it’s affecting your work!

Wiki says:

“Adrafinil is a mild central nervous system stimulant drug used to relieve excessive sleepiness and inattention in elderly patients. It is also used off-label by individuals wishing to avoid fatigue, such as night workers or others who need to stay awake and alert for long periods of time”

and

"Modafinil (Provigil) is a stimulant-like drug manufactured by Cephalon, and is approved by the FDA for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder,[1] and obstructive sleep apnea.[2] "

Why are you wanting to take them?[/quote]

Adrafinil is less potent than Modafinil…Adrafinil is a pro drug.

Big difference between weaker and less potent.

They are stimulants without peripheral effects. They can make you more efficient, studying easier, and larger motivational drive.

[quote]echelon101 wrote:

Wiki says:

and

Why are you wanting to take them?[/quote]

I go to school all day and serial kill at night, and I’ve noticed I have been lacking the energy and alertness that I need to get a good 3-4 victims in.

Seriously–the WHY does not matter. I know what these drugs are. I was looking for personal experiences , ideally of people who have used both.

I was not attacking you but I am undergrad engineer, I row, I am the president of a soceity at uni, I represent my faculty in regular debates and then I party with my friends. I know of people who have far more hectic schedules than that and they don’t seem to have the need to take stims.

Surely a few more hours sleep for free is a better deal that $184.

[quote]echelon101 wrote:
I was not attacking you but I am undergrad engineer, I row, I am the president of a soceity at uni, I represent my faculty in regular debates and then I party with my friends. I know of people who have far more hectic schedules than that and they don’t seem to have the need to take stims.

Surely a few more hours sleep for free is a better deal that $184.[/quote]

To each his own…
I dont NEED to take stims. This is a want. Very few people( not narcoleptics) will NEED to take these. I dont need to lift weights, read books, better myself, etc… but I do. I am just looking to get more out of my “hectic” days. and yes I agree on sleeping more. I sleep when I can.

200mgx200 of modalert for $200 seems like a better deal to me than $2.39 energy drinks. + caffeine sucks for studying.

Yeah but coffee costs $ and Mod/Adr costs $$$

The modalert that Bushido listed costs less than coffee and energy drinks, especially when you cut in half to make 100mg doses, than it comes out to 50 cents/per dose.