Mock Meet With Vids: Need Critiques

I think your squat and bench looked fine. Although, I’ll echo the comments about moving your feet after you’re set up on the bench. With that “legs back” set up, the key is being ridiculously tight and not losing it for the whole duration of the movement.

With regards to moving your feet out on the pull – I did that and it worked great for me. I was able to get a lot more leg drive with zero learning curve. Literally the next session I put 50lbs on my conventional deadlift.

Well, 2 outta 3 ain’t bad :slight_smile:

Seriously though, squat and bench look pretty good. On the squat maybe just try pushing your elbows more under the bar, this will help lift your chest up and for me, that was one of the best squat cues I ever got, lead with your chest.

Bench, looks great, but make sure you practice with a pause on your chest. You will have to lower the weight and then wait for a “press” command from the judge.

Deadlift, after your meet I would overhaul your pull. It’s bad from the start which is carrying over to your entire lift. Some rounding is going to happen on max lifts but you don’t want to setup that way. Mark Bell has some great deadlift videos on his website, take a look at those.

Good luck with your meet.