Mobility Training

I’m probably making this too complicated and just need to go do it…but here are my questions.

Is it better to focus on mobility drills working the muscles I plan on working out that day, or to offset mobility training of those muscles either a day before/after a workout of that group of muscles? Example; Glut, Hips, and lower back on Deadlift/Squat days.

A lot of advice says that you should not stretch muscles before you exercise them due to stability issues, though you should do a few warm up sets.

Thanks.

[quote]Optimistic Cynic wrote:
I’m probably making this too complicated and just need to go do it…but here are my questions.

Is it better to focus on mobility drills working the muscles I plan on working out that day, or to offset mobility training of those muscles either a day before/after a workout of that group of muscles? Example; Glut, Hips, and lower back on Deadlift/Squat days.

A lot of advice says that you should not stretch muscles before you exercise them due to stability issues, though you should do a few warm up sets.

Thanks.

[/quote]
Same day, but after your workout (at least after heavy compound exercises)