T Nation

Mobility Training

I’m probably making this too complicated and just need to go do it…but here are my questions.

Is it better to focus on mobility drills working the muscles I plan on working out that day, or to offset mobility training of those muscles either a day before/after a workout of that group of muscles? Example; Glut, Hips, and lower back on Deadlift/Squat days.

A lot of advice says that you should not stretch muscles before you exercise them due to stability issues, though you should do a few warm up sets.

Thanks.

[quote]Optimistic Cynic wrote:
I’m probably making this too complicated and just need to go do it…but here are my questions.

Is it better to focus on mobility drills working the muscles I plan on working out that day, or to offset mobility training of those muscles either a day before/after a workout of that group of muscles? Example; Glut, Hips, and lower back on Deadlift/Squat days.

A lot of advice says that you should not stretch muscles before you exercise them due to stability issues, though you should do a few warm up sets.

Thanks.

[/quote]
Same day, but after your workout (at least after heavy compound exercises)