Mobility Drills for the Hips/Low Back

Can someone suggest/link some mobility drill primarily for hips/lower back. I really feel like Ive tightened up alot in my back squat the past couple months, already had to nurse one injury not hoping for another.

you have to buy Magnificent mobility

http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/ask_joe.htm

here you go

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
you have to buy Magnificent mobility[/quote]

Second that. It’s a great investment.

Also check out the first five videos in this article from Cressey:

Just stretch out your hips for gods sake. You don’t need to BUY anything or do any “mobility drills”.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Just stretch out your hips for gods sake. You don’t need to BUY anything or do any “mobility drills”.[/quote]

have you ever been injured?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Just stretch out your hips for gods sake. You don’t need to BUY anything or do any “mobility drills”.[/quote]
Any chance you’d want to change your name to Mr. Helpful, becuase, dude, that was mindblowing.

While he doesn’t need to buy anything, it’s definitely a benefit to have a resource like Magnificent Mobility.

And color me confused, but I’m not sure how you can first suggest stretching the hips, and in the same breath advise against mobility drills.

to the OP-

another great thing is the Foam roller

whenever i feel my back has tightened (happens a lot…hurt it about 6ish months ago) i bust out some drills from Magnificent Mobility then i grab the foam roller and a tennis ball and roll out my hips/t-spine. This really removes the pressure/pain from my back. if you want more specific info on this PM me

depends on where you really need it, Hips and Lower back(lumber) have different kind of mobility patterns.

I don’t think that most people think of stretching as a “mobility drill.” Properly stretching would be my suggestion. I have personally experienced back tightness similar that sounds like what you are describing many times, and simple, proper hip stretching has always made it feel better.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

At first I thought you were joking. No offense guy, but have you been injured before? If so, how long did it take you to recover? To keep the longevity of a lifter, Louie Simmons said that many of his older lifters perform mobility drills in a Nov/Dec 2006 edition of Powerlifting USA to keep up with their demanding workouts.

Saying “just stretch” as advice without thinking of the benefits of mobility workouts which has helped many people is insulting to me and perhaps many other people such as Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson. (I’ve been injured big time before on my lower back and mobility drills HELPED me recover faster rather than doing none.

A month and a half ago I couldn’t deadlift 225 without experiencing pain yet last week hit 420 3x3 painless)

A highly recommended excellent free resource with videos and details here for hip mobility:

Good luck with your goals.

Related in case you ever get them: