MMA?

ALOT of fighters in Japan & Brazil juice, as they are not illegal in those countries.

I think a lot of them may take them, but some of you are acting like you cant get a body like that unless your on steroids. Id say mark kerr, coleman and randleman are likely suspects but theres no reason to say vanderlei, arona or hughes.

Pride fighting and K-1 do not test for steroids. They piss test all fighters to check for illegal stimulants and the like, but there are no reprecussions for steroid use. As a matter of fact, there has never been anyone punished for using anything that I’m aware of. I’m not sure if EPO and similar drugs fall under this umbrella. I don’t want to point fingers, but I find it interesting that Team Hammerhouse (Coleman, Randleman, Baroni) are all in Pride now. If you fought in Pride, and aren’t using, a good question is why the hell not?

I’d wager that the percentage of people who use in both Pride and UFC are about the same, though. UFC guys just have to be more careful and less brazen.

Interestingly, Jeff Monson was selected by NSAC at the last UFC to undergo a random drug test (wonder why they picked him? haha), and he came out clean.

[quote]Enraged wrote:
I think a lot of them may take them, but some of you are acting like you cant get a body like that unless your on steroids. Id say mark kerr, coleman and randleman are likely suspects but theres no reason to say vanderlei, arona or hughes.[/quote]

Wandy has the caveman-jaw of a GH user. Also, compare him from when he was fighting around 199-200 lbs at walking weight to about 220 now. He has gone from basically a swimmer-like streamlined physique to someone whose back width and thickness are scary. Hell I know I’d like to have that kind of back.

Also, Arona used to walk at the same weight, now look at him. Arona is barely 5’10". Paulo Filho…you think you can go from competing at 220+ in BJJ to 183 just like that eh ?

Cutting 40+ lbs is insane and risky as hell. It would seem Filho would lose some water weight when he cycled off or switched up to anavar or something with that effect when cutting for a fight. Same with Baroni and others such as Hughes.

Hughes walks at nearly 200 lbs and makes 170. He supposedly eat two chicken breasts and some salad and that’s it to make weight for several weeks. I call bullshit. There’s no way you could subsist on that without getting weak and emaciated.

Matt Hughes is superman-strong. That’s not all juice either; I suspect he’d still be farm-boy turned wrestler strong (which is nightmarishly strong for pretty much anybody) without juice.

However, he was throwing around Newton and ‘Mach’ Sakurai and Joe Riggs like they were nothing. Joe Riggs is a 2x All-american wrestler. I have yet to meet a physically weak wrestler. Sakurai might be small-ish for 170 but nobody else that I saw threw him around like Hughes did.

I am not shit-talking these guys either. Gear use doesn’t make you a bad person or any less skilled or hard working. They use it in fact to work even harder.

Jeremy Horn was right. Very few pro MMA guys (UFC/PRIDE/K1) haven’t juiced at some point. Very few pro speed/strength athletes of any kind haven’t juiced at some point.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:

Wandy has the caveman-jaw of a GH user. Also, compare him from when he was fighting around 199-200 lbs at walking weight to about 220 now. He has gone from basically a swimmer-like streamlined physique to someone whose back width and thickness are scary. Hell I know I’d like to have that kind of back.

[/quote]

I don’t think Wandy has a caveman jaw because of GH, I just thinks he looks like a damn caveman. He has always looked like some prehistoric hunter, or a shaved rabid monkey. I won’t argue that he’s put on some serious mass though. He weighed in at 220 in his open-weight fight against Fujita.

[quote]Scrappy wrote:
Jeremy Horn was right. Very few pro MMA guys (UFC/PRIDE/K1) haven’t juiced at some point. Very few pro speed/strength athletes of any kind haven’t juiced at some point.[/quote]

Penn’s obviously on the juice, look at how big his head is…and that ripped body is a dead give-away.