MMA Training Hub II

[quote]grayman19 wrote:

I think I’ll just leave this here.

Edit: Could not get it to play. Someone better with these forums than I can probably fix it. Here’s the link in the mean time

Floyd Mayweather: Success. How Bad Do You Want It? - YouTube”[/quote]

Just highlight the entire address bar at the top of the browser, right click…select “copy” then paste it into your post on T-Nation by right click “paste”. This is my luddite(Me not you. You have to be more techno savvy than me. My fear of technology makes FightinIrish seem like Bill Gates.) description for Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps. I try to earn my keep round these parts.

Regards,

Robert A

Wow, This is the first time seeing this thread…probably because it is old.

Was doing Krav 3 days a week and Lifting on my off days. Schedule changed and started lifting more.
Now I have changed MA training entirely and do BJJ nogi on Mondays and Muay Thai on Wed. I am doing 5/3/1 four days a week and making solid progress. I will be getting back into training more as several partners have fights coming up and I plan on getting back in the Octagon after the first of the year.

As I tye this it sounds so boring and wonder why anyone would care, but It is interesting to see what others are doing and have been doing. I might post some logs here if anyone wants to keep this thread alive.

I’ve been just chilling out since my last fight, i pretend to get back on at least nogi on tuesday and wrestling on friday besides the 4 days of lifting that i am already back and some cardio/sprints

Feeling kind of burnout since last fight

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
I’ve been just chilling out since my last fight, i pretend to get back on at least nogi on tuesday and wrestling on friday besides the 4 days of lifting that i am already back and some cardio/sprints

Feeling kind of burnout since last fight[/quote]

Porque?[/quote]

Since he is Japan is should be Nande?

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/236417-Iowa-Hawkeyes/video/289484-Raw-Hawkeyes-Practice

Nice way to start you day.

Nice video- I have been in that wrestling room.

more then a few times.
Tom Brands was a super stud
so was Terry Brands
shhhh I wrestled with his brother 2x shhhhhhhhhhh
someone has to be on the other end of those 150+ wins
right?

here has been my last few months

A shit ton of travel for work

training around this knee and ankle, and hips and shoulders,
and neck that no longer turns and …

just started front squatting again

mostly its been

Lots of cleans
lots of pulling
Lots of PVC and LX ball work

NO rolling or judo to speak of.

conditioning catch as catch can for now.

I haz a log
and I haz vids

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/kmc_black_irish_bastid_30

so you can see how old slow people train

and you youngins can see how important matching training attire is

shit here is the uglier knee pic.

lil bit of what appears to be osgood slotters not patella tendonitis

Im liking the Air Hump exercise. Seems practical for jiu jitsu or Judo.

don’t know what to say about that knee it looks bad to me.

Yeah, looks like a natural fit. Half the things you do with your legs in sub grappling involves bridging like that. I think I’ll put this in my leg day and see how it goes.

No shame losing to frakkin future Olympian. There’s a vid on youtube highlighting their careers. Hey maybe you’re in it. Let me see if I can… ah there it is:

And damn, that knee looks nasty. I gotta start protecting mine while rolling.

The glute bridge or air hump is great for all sports it crushes the pchain
And gets those glues and hams strong

You can peep that whole channel it’s mostly my lower body training
I try to video some stuff when I can remember.

As for my knee its manageable I just add to the growing things not to do ,
Or to periodize how heavily I rotate some movements or training elements.like jumping

Can’t watch that vid on an iPad will watch it later.
The early 90’s til around 96 was kind of a little golden era for American wrestling
We were very dominant internationally then.

Went to Muay Thai last night. Went early to get in a good warm up. Wanted to put in some extra time since I missed my squat day in the gym. Before class started ended up rolling with another guy who is a blue belt, good slow roll really trying to feel him out and work some technique.

Class consisited of lots of running and pushups then got onto some punch and kick combinations working back and forth with each other, then moved to some focus mitt work working the combos at full speed. Then moved to some Kicking drills, trying to develop max power in every kick. From there went into some 1 minute rounds of sparring moving around the room changing partners I think we did 5 rounds.

After class was over a group of us stayed and continued sparring with takedowns and ground work. After three sessions I was bombed I tapped one other guy on the ground but I tapped twice with other people. Everyone is a damn blue belt in Jiu Jitsu there! My stand up game is still pretty good but I been doing lots of weights and my breathing and stamina is suffering. Time to start getting back in fighting shape.

Porque?[/quote]

I guess fracturing my nose in 7 places didn’t went that well and i still don’t feel, how can i say, satisfacted to be back to most stuff, so i’ll just enjoy the end of the year and go slowly back, just enjoying each training session without putting pressure of training like a madmen, just when i was younger and went to each training session expecting something new and enjoying it and not seeing it like a job.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

Porque?[/quote]

Since he is Japan is should be Nande?[/quote]

unfortunately i’ve moved back to Brasil, but you can still ask nande =)

ah cool. I spent several years in Japan so Im down with the lingo. Now back in the states need more spanish…LOl

[quote]Ranzo wrote:
ah cool. I spent several years in Japan so Im down with the lingo. Now back in the states need more spanish…LOl
[/quote]

still not fluent, but i’m working on it, i can say it was my greatest asset in landing jobs, even more than my college curriculum.

Jesus I’m out of judo shape.

Broke a Toe training last night. Walking sucks today. Supposed to do Deadlifts tonight in the gym. gonna have to find somethin esle to fill in with.

Taking classes again because all teaching and no training makes Miss Parker fat and slow. Thursday night we went outside & trained in the dark, chokes against a storage container with an uneven surface, then chokes on some wooden boxes lined up about hip level. So the attacker comes on and grabs me by the throat & pushes me over on my back, still choking. The boxes are too tall to allow my feet to stay on the ground, so I’m defending with no base for my feet & he’s still standing in my open guard. My job was to defend & strike & kick him off once I cleared the hands from my throat. This was actually a mock up of something Matt & I did at an instructor training in San Antonio. The school owner wheeled out a car with padding on the sharp edges of the doors. Told us all to surround the car & just told us to GO. Matt immediately picked me up by my waist & slammed me down in the hood of the car & got in my guard & started half choking me half ripping at my shirt. Once I fought him off I fled around the car & saw some guy I don’t know trying to shove another female in the trunk of the car…anyway I digress. The last drill was: I’m striking pads on one end of the container till I’m tired, then I get choked with any choke they feel like, I defend & flee, jumping over those same boxes with some parkour vault that I suck at. As soon as both feet hit the ground after the jump another person comes out of hiding & either chokes me with any choke or slams me with a pad & I deliver 20 strikes. 3 rounds for each person.

Then this morning it was sparring, teaching 2 classes, then working in to our Fit to Fight class, to partner with a new guy. Huge guy. We had to shoot in, get our hips under theirs & lift them up in preparation to slam them down. It was pretty easy so I thought I was so strong. Turns out he was jumping to help me. Then we did some takedown that I don’t know the name of where you drop to one knee, hook your hands around the heel of your opponent & pull while driving your shoulder in to his knee.

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
Taking classes again because all teaching and no training makes Miss Parker fat and slow. Thursday night we went outside & trained in the dark, chokes against a storage container with an uneven surface, then chokes on some wooden boxes lined up about hip level. So the attacker comes on and grabs me by the throat & pushes me over on my back, still choking. The boxes are too tall to allow my feet to stay on the ground, so I’m defending with no base for my feet & he’s still standing in my open guard. My job was to defend & strike & kick him off once I cleared the hands from my throat. This was actually a mock up of something Matt & I did at an instructor training in San Antonio. The school owner wheeled out a car with padding on the sharp edges of the doors. Told us all to surround the car & just told us to GO. Matt immediately picked me up by my waist & slammed me down in the hood of the car & got in my guard & started half choking me half ripping at my shirt. Once I fought him off I fled around the car & saw some guy I don’t know trying to shove another female in the trunk of the car…anyway I digress. The last drill was: I’m striking pads on one end of the container till I’m tired, then I get choked with any choke they feel like, I defend & flee, jumping over those same boxes with some parkour vault that I suck at. As soon as both feet hit the ground after the jump another person comes out of hiding & either chokes me with any choke or slams me with a pad & I deliver 20 strikes. 3 rounds for each person.
[/quote]

Sounds like fun.

That choking drill sounds like a great opportunity for a double arm-bar for the defender. Obviously getting up is a priority, but if the attacker foolish enough to extend both arms in a “dummy choke” like that, why not break them (or at least one of them) and then get up? Do they teach you guys that move in Krav? It’s actually a very practical Jiu-Jitsu self defense move under those conditions.

[quote]
Then this morning it was sparring, teaching 2 classes, then working in to our Fit to Fight class, to partner with a new guy. Huge guy. We had to shoot in, get our hips under theirs & lift them up in preparation to slam them down. It was pretty easy so I thought I was so strong. Turns out he was jumping to help me. Then we did some takedown that I don’t know the name of where you drop to one knee, hook your hands around the heel of your opponent & pull while driving your shoulder in to his knee.[/quote]

That would be a low single leg takedown. If you watch Randy Couture’s fight with James Toney you’ll see it applied effectively. It’s actually a pretty safe takedown because you come in so low that you’re not open to too many strikes.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
[/quote]

Sounds like fun.

That choking drill sounds like a great opportunity for a double arm-bar for the defender. Obviously getting up is a priority, but if the attacker foolish enough to extend both arms in a “dummy choke” like that, why not break them (or at least one of them) and then get up? Do they teach you guys that move in Krav? It’s actually a very practical Jiu-Jitsu self defense move under those conditions.

[quote]
Then this morning it was sparring, teaching 2 classes, then working in to our Fit to Fight class, to partner with a new guy. Huge guy. We had to shoot in, get our hips under theirs & lift them up in preparation to slam them down. It was pretty easy so I thought I was so strong. Turns out he was jumping to help me. Then we did some takedown that I don’t know the name of where you drop to one knee, hook your hands around the heel of your opponent & pull while driving your shoulder in to his knee.[/quote]

That would be a low single leg takedown. If you watch Randy Couture’s fight with James Toney you’ll see it applied effectively. It’s actually a pretty safe takedown because you come in so low that you’re not open to too many strikes. [/quote]

Hi, Sento guy! It was fun! I’ve never done a double arm bar in Krav, but I haven’t learned everything yet, not by a mile. I did it a long time ago in BJJ. The first round the attacks were slower so the instructor could watch & make sure no one was going to get hurt & I did have tme to think, “Ooh, I could arm bar this guy now” But the boxes were so narrow that if he shifted his weight we would have gone over the side & I would have broken the fall with my face. So I just kicked him (politely) in the face instead. I’m not good at stuff like armbars unless they give it to me on a platter, frankly, not yet anyway.

Thanks for the heads up on the takedown.