T Nation

MMA Training Confessional

Bless me father for I have sinned...

Confession:
On the average, lifting weights lately bores the SHIT out of me.

Amen.

Nothing to confess beershoes??

Forgive me father for I have sinned…

I haven’t trained in 2 years.

I have injuries as an excuse, but I am starting to think it is just an excuse.

I dislike training Muay Thai style stand up (Limited movement very tall stance) and switch to my kyokushin base when MMA sparring occurs despite my gyms style being Muay Thai and sub wrestling.

I used to gas like a bitch during active rolling and lay and pray way too much, I feel like ive attoned for this one tho

Forgive me for I have sinned

I have shunned sprints complex’s and other serious energy systems work
for swimming.

I turned down a teaching gig at a friends judo place cause its kinda hard for me to be around
when I can’t play too. Making the transition from being a player to coach or teacher is quite frustrating

kmc

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned:
I’ve been lurking T-Nation for 6 months and I finally joined for this thread. What have I done?

welcome to the fold toto, a double dose of surge and a hottie thread in the get a life forum dedicated to TC & Shugart will atone for your sins… di pia facta vident

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Bless me father for I have sinned…

Confession:
On the average, lifting weights lately bores the SHIT out of me. [/quote]

Bringin’ this thread back because I feel exactly the same way. Haven’t lifted in about four weeks, and I’m not minding.

And- I avoid roadwork like the plague because I’m not competing. Yes, I have to atone for this.

My thirst to learn muay thai, ju jitui, and wrestling have been unquenchable. Yet I have no school or gym to train at, I only have my friends and online training videos. I have become complacent, and lazy as of late, finding myself making excuses for not attempting to expand my knowledge.

Forgive me father for i have sinned…

I farted at my girlfriends house and blamed it on the cat.

[quote]The1andOnly wrote:
Forgive me father for i have sinned…

I farted at my girlfriends house and blamed it on the cat.[/quote]

Good job '09.

Fucks.

Bless me father for I have sinned…

I have forsaken the Tabata and various interval conditioning for steady state cardio. I use the excuse it’s too hot and humid outside. but truth is I’ve been lazy. I will probably serve my pennance in my next heavy spar session.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned:

-I haven’t trained in over a year. Mostly due to work, but still haven’t been in a real long time.

-I’m also bored with lifting weights. Do mostly bodyweight exercises, lot of mountain biking and took up yoga.

-I pretty much stopped posting in this forum. Just got bored with discussing the same old, I guess. That and feeling like a poseur for offering up advice when I haven’t been training myself.

Bless me Father for I have sinned.

I have used the unpredictable hours of my new job and a shortage of money to justify stopping combat training, and just focussing on my weight training.

This despite the fact there is a gym 20 minutes down the road where boxing is taught by a 2 time USSR boxing champion (may or may not be Ivan Drago) and freestyle wrestling is taught by a European champ who has coached on the GB Olympic team. Don’t know what happened to my motivation to be honest.

Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I’ve spent the last month doing nothing but teaching and eating doughnuts and cheesburgers with jalepenos. In that time I’ve grown fat, slow, and stupid, and I know that’s why you punished me last night in 2 on 1 sparring. I repent. Please don’t let them beat my ass like that again.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

-I have used the excuse that I have limited money for the next couple of months, and not started training MMA or Thai Boxing, thous missing out on a possible fight in september!

-I have smoked for the past 8 months and pissed away any of the small amount of conditioning I did have.

-I have stopped doing conditioning work

-I fail at life!

I must repent!

Forgive me father, for I have sinned!

-I have used the excuse of lack of funds for the next few months as to not start training MMA again or Thai boxing. This ment I missed out on a possible Semi Pro MMA fight in september

-I have smoked for the last 7 months! good bye conditioning

-I have stopped working conditioning and working on my flexibility

-I fail at life!

I must repent!

forgive me father but these people are losers and give me inspiration not to become like them.

one day i will have a 500 pound bench press

one day i will deadlift 700 pounds

one day i will squat 750+ pounds

and curl 135 pounds for 10 reps

one day i will become a pro at boxing style peek-a-boo and know every submition that jui jitsu has to offer.

give me the strength not to be a quiter and train like a beast to become one.

forgive me father but these people are losers and give me inspiration not to become like them.

one day i will have a 500 pound bench press

one day i will deadlift 700 pounds

one day i will squat 750+ pounds

and curl 135 pounds for 10 reps

one day i will become a pro at boxing style peek-a-boo and know every submition that jui jitsu has to offer.

give me the strength not to be a quiter and train like a beast to become one.