MMA Trainer

Tomorrow I’m going to train in a place that teaches kickboxing, boxing, and jiu-jitsu. Dennis Palmer is the owner and trainer( he trained Forrest Griffin before appearing on TUF and also trained Rory Singer TUF3).

This is my first time practicing either of these martial arts. I just want to know what to expect my first day of training since I don’t have experience at all. Any tips or advice?

Leave your ego at the door.

Remember, you are there to learn.

good advice

Thanks for the advice chewy. Hmm… I’m a little nervous.

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
Thanks for the advice chewy. Hmm… I’m a little nervous.[/quote]

Don’t be. I’ve found that the practitioners of MMA are among the most welcoming and helpful of any sport in which I’ve participated. Now surfing, that is a different story.

[quote]chewie wrote:

Don’t be. I’ve found that the practitioners of MMA are among the most welcoming and helpful of any sport in which I’ve participated. Now surfing, that is a different story.[/quote]

Haha, well good to hear that.

Well, I just came back from a 2 hour session of kickboxing. The warm up was a mile jog. After that the instructor taught me stance, punching technique, and went through a few drills 3 minutes each for a couple of sets.

I’m having a little trouble with the kickboxing stance but doing a little better with the hand technique.

Wasn’t as bad as I thought. Maybe I’ll try it out for a month.