MMA Serra on GSP

http://ufcmania.com/2007/05/16/exclusive-serra-on-gsp-hit-the-road-frenchy/

when you step into the ring, you leave every possible excuse at the entrance. GSP saying he didn’t come into this fight in his top shape is his own problem. Using it as an excuse as to why he lost is his own pussy fault. he went in, fought, and then he lost. There are no excuses whatsoever. He lost respect from me.

Great link, OP.

Matt Serra has won me over. First it was with this quote on being told he was going to fight Hughes in a title defense: “Matt Hughes is a dick. He’s a talented dick. But I feel like a winner already knowing I get to hit him in his face.”

WTF is with GSP? The guy goes from champ to chump awfully quick. The interview above is so good, I have to post it.

Last week we posted an audio clip from an interview featuring former UFC welterweight champion Georges ?Rush? St. Pierre as he weighed in on his upset loss to Matt ?The Terror? Serra at UFC 69 last month.

Usually the picture of class, GSP was uncharacteristically shallow in explaining his defeat. Not only did he claim to have still been injured, he also revealed that he trained for a paltry two weeks and was uncomfortable with his training camp.

The pi?ce de r?sistance however, was St. Pierre?s claim that had the fight been against Matt Hughes, he would have pulled out because he was unprepared.

So it?s okay to fight Serra but not Hughes? You don?t have to be a Windtalker to decipher his real message, which I interpret as ?A bad GSP is still better than a good Serra.?

Not surprisingly, current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra was not amused. I caught up with Matt earlier this morning to get his feedback on the GSP interview.

Here?s a snip:

?Georges St. Pierre is a pathetic liar. He stood up after the fight like a man and admitted he got beat. Now this bullshit? How do you do a total 180? It?s so disheartening. I earned this. I worked my friggin? ass off for this fight. All I did was give him respect and now he wants to save face by shitting on me?

All I heard before the fight was how he was going to train like he never trained before and that he had to be absolutely perfect, and now he says he didn?t train. So which is it? Are you a liar now or a liar then? Everything is a clich? with this guy. Stop reading from the script for once and speak from the heart.

Don?t get me wrong, he?s a good, talented fighter but he got beat. I know it?s hard for his camp to believe that Superman lost, but he did. Now they want to say it?s because he wasn?t in shape? If he wasn?t in shape he wouldn?t have been able to go five rounds but he didn?t even last three minutes so I don?t want to hear it. Maybe it?s his entourage ? he?s led around by a bunch of morons, well except for his kickboxing coach that guy gets it.

But the rest of them they got him convinced he?s a God. He must be a mental midget, which makes us about even since I?m a physical midget. Hey what can I say, I wasn?t blessed with height.

Anyway, for a guy who preaches honor and character, he sure isn?t showing any. I miss the old GSP. I was just as big a fan of his as everyone else. Where is he? You know, that guy who was everything Matt Hughes wasn?t. That makes it even worse. We already knew Matt Hughes was an asshole but Georges was supposed to be one of the good guys. Now we see what he?s really made of.

He was calling me his friend before the fight and now all of the sudden I was never anything more than an acquaintance. Well fuck you, I don?t want to be your friend. Hit the road Frenchy.?

[quote]futuredave wrote:
Great link, OP.

Matt Serra has won me over. First it was with this quote on being told he was going to fight Hughes in a title defense: “Matt Hughes is a dick. He’s a talented dick. But I feel like a winner already knowing I get to hit him in his face.”

WTF is with GSP? The guy goes from champ to chump awfully quick. The interview above is so good, I have to post it.

Last week we posted an audio clip from an interview featuring former UFC welterweight champion Georges ?Rush? St. Pierre as he weighed in on his upset loss to Matt ?The Terror? Serra at UFC 69 last month.

Usually the picture of class, GSP was uncharacteristically shallow in explaining his defeat. Not only did he claim to have still been injured, he also revealed that he trained for a paltry two weeks and was uncomfortable with his training camp.

The pi?ce de r?sistance however, was St. Pierre?s claim that had the fight been against Matt Hughes, he would have pulled out because he was unprepared.

So it?s okay to fight Serra but not Hughes? You don?t have to be a Windtalker to decipher his real message, which I interpret as ?A bad GSP is still better than a good Serra.?

Not surprisingly, current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra was not amused. I caught up with Matt earlier this morning to get his feedback on the GSP interview.

Here?s a snip:

?Georges St. Pierre is a pathetic liar. He stood up after the fight like a man and admitted he got beat. Now this bullshit? How do you do a total 180? It?s so disheartening. I earned this. I worked my friggin? ass off for this fight. All I did was give him respect and now he wants to save face by shitting on me?

All I heard before the fight was how he was going to train like he never trained before and that he had to be absolutely perfect, and now he says he didn?t train. So which is it? Are you a liar now or a liar then? Everything is a clich? with this guy. Stop reading from the script for once and speak from the heart.

Don?t get me wrong, he?s a good, talented fighter but he got beat. I know it?s hard for his camp to believe that Superman lost, but he did. Now they want to say it?s because he wasn?t in shape? If he wasn?t in shape he wouldn?t have been able to go five rounds but he didn?t even last three minutes so I don?t want to hear it. Maybe it?s his entourage ? he?s led around by a bunch of morons, well except for his kickboxing coach that guy gets it.

But the rest of them they got him convinced he?s a God. He must be a mental midget, which makes us about even since I?m a physical midget. Hey what can I say, I wasn?t blessed with height.

Anyway, for a guy who preaches honor and character, he sure isn?t showing any. I miss the old GSP. I was just as big a fan of his as everyone else. Where is he? You know, that guy who was everything Matt Hughes wasn?t. That makes it even worse. We already knew Matt Hughes was an asshole but Georges was supposed to be one of the good guys. Now we see what he?s really made of.

He was calling me his friend before the fight and now all of the sudden I was never anything more than an acquaintance. Well fuck you, I don?t want to be your friend. Hit the road Frenchy.?[/quote]

i like serra too. he has always been a fun fighter to watch, but after watching his comeback on spike, i think he seems like a pretty cool guy too.

i like the old fighters because most of them are humble and just like to compete. they aren’t necessarily looking to be attention whores. randy couture, chuck lidell, ken shamrock, matt serra apparantly. athletes, not show boating dumb asses.