MMA Schools in Central Louisiana

Sigh Due to a possible job with federal bureau of prisons…I might be moving to Alexandria/Pineville,LA area.

With that in mind,does anyone know of any decent mma and/or muay thai schools in Alexandria/Pineville area? Or even within an hour drive?? And probs to strangec for helping me with questions about this…and the area in general.

ANY info from the rest of you guys will be appreciated.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Sigh Due to a possible job with federal bureau of prisons…I might be moving to Alexandria/Pineville area.

With that in mind,does anyone know of any decent mma and/or muay thai schools in Alexandria/Pineville area? Or even within an hour drive?? And probs to strangec for helping me with questions about this…and the area in general.

ANY info from the rest of you guys will be appreciated.[/quote]

In texas?

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Sigh Due to a possible job with federal bureau of prisons…I might be moving to Alexandria/Pineville area.

In texas?[/quote]

Sorry…Alexandria,Louisiana. You’re safe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

In texas?

Sorry…Alexandria,Louisiana. You’re safe ;P[/quote]

MMA not for sure, but I know there is a judo club there. Some guys from my club went there for a tournament out there last month.

Alexandria huh? I drive through there about once a year. They have the most confusing turn about driving through the city

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

In texas?

Sorry…Alexandria,Louisiana. You’re safe ;P[/quote]

I was just wondering, I can talk to my manager he has fighters in most states from to the midwest.

I’ll let you know what I hear.

It would be cool to have another big guy to work with. Right now only two guys that are athletic and big (over 280, 6’5" and 6’9") that I get to work with.

But either way good luck with the job too.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

In texas?

I was just wondering, I can talk to my manager he has fighters in most states from to the midwest.

It would be cool to have another big guy to work with. Right now only two guys that are athletic and big (over 280, 6’5" and 6’9") that I get to work with.

But either way good luck with the job too. [/quote]

Thanks,man. I have found this place in Leesville:

Prodigy Martial Arts:
http://www.defensiveconceptsllc.cmasdirect.com/

I’ve also found a place in Pineville. http://www.rapideskarate.com/sift2.htm

Its a karate school that also has mma training. S.I.F.T. MMA? trains there. The instructor seems legit for self defense martial arts(thanks,strangec)…but there is no info on who does the mma training.

As for the job,this is probably the first steps in a long process…but this is something I can’t pass up. I always told myself that if I ever go back to work in prisons again…it would only be to work on federal level. I will keep you guys updated.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

In texas?

But either way good luck with the job too.

Thanks,man. I have found this place in Leesville:

Prodigy Martial Arts:
http://www.defensiveconceptsllc.cmasdirect.com/

I’ve also found a place in Pineville. http://www.rapideskarate.com/sift2.htm

Its a karate school that also has mma training. S.I.F.T. MMA? trains there. The instructor seems legit for self defense martial arts(thanks,strangec)…but there is no info on who does the mma training.

As for the job,this is probably the first steps in a long process…but this is something I can’t pass up. I always told myself that if I ever go back to work in prisons again…it would only be to work on federal level. I will keep you guys updated.[/quote]

How far can you travel, there is a newer facility in Lafayette, http://www.xfalife.com/

But I couldn’t find anything closer that real serious about producing fighters.

Russell Jones kickboxing in baton rouge.