T Nation

MMA Prime Time

“60 Minutes” piece on MMA which aired on Sunday 10th December, 2006.

[quote]Mr90210 wrote:
“60 Minutes” piece on MMA which aired on Sunday 10th December, 2006.

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/60%20minutes/video/xs69t_de100660mins[/quote]

Sweet, thanks man I missed it last night!

Renzo continues to remind me why I love him. That’s awesome that the only picture on his wall is Sakuraba to remind him of his mistakes.

Once again, I see that they repeat the Zuffa Myth and claim that Dana White adopted all these new rules and weight classes which is aggravating.

Overall, however, it was one of the best and most educated pieces on MMA I have seen in the mass media and did a good job of showing off the sport.

well done.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Renzo continues to remind me why I love him. That’s awesome that the only picture on his wall is Sakuraba to remind him of his mistakes.

Once again, I see that they repeat the Zuffa Myth and claim that Dana White adopted all these new rules and weight classes which is aggravating.

Overall, however, it was one of the best and most educated pieces on MMA I have seen in the mass media and did a good job of showing off the sport.[/quote]

Agreed on the myth that is being reported as truth regarding rules and weight classes. But, I can deal with that as long as the media is at least attempting to treat MMA as an actual sport…even though they still try and play up the violence angle that could raise some eyebrows of the more conservative groups that would like to see MMA disappear.

Pat Miletich came off real well in the piece. His explanation of the thought process that goes through one’s mind from a single hold was really well done. The reporter seemed to have an interest in MMA too, which helped.

Overall a good piece and it’s always good to see MMA get national exposure.

Did anybody hear the business numbers???

Dana and crew picked up the UFC for $2 million dollars.

IFC went public and is worth $100 million dollars(I think thats what he said).

If thats the case, the UFC might be well worth over $500-750 million dollars.

UNREAL

[quote]DaMadMonk wrote:
Did anybody hear the business numbers???

Dana and crew picked up the UFC for $2 million dollars.

IFC went public and is worth $100 million dollars(I think thats what he said).

If thats the case, the UFC might be well worth over $500-750 million dollars.

UNREAL[/quote]

The real question is… why aren’t they paying their fighters better? If they want the top talent in the world, then it’s time to pay up.