T Nation

MMA, Fighters, Martial Arts...

To all of you guys and gals, how would you handle these walking skyscrapers.

Bob sapp shows up around 4:55 seconds in. Be patient.

I met Valuyev(sp?) yesterday at the train station.
He is really impressive in person, even though he might not be the best boxer.

Mighty Mo knocking out Hong Man Choi was extremely impressive. Some Samoans are just naturally born to fight.

let me repeat this in a different manner.

If you had to to fight these giant freaks of nature with boxing gloves, what would you do…could you do it…or would you run?/?

This goes out to all fighters, MMA guys, and martial artists.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

If you had to to fight these giant freaks of nature with boxing gloves, what would you do…could you do it…or would you run?/?

[/quote]

I would run…how the hell would I beat somebody that much bigger than me with training…worst case scenario where I couldn’t get away, I’d try to punch him in the throat, but that might just piss the big guy off even more

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

If you HAD to fight them (couldn’t strategically withdraw)…you have to try to get in close, very close where those freakish construction crane limbs aren’t such an advantage. Unless your Crocop then you just LHK…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5nQym69OcY&mode=related&search=

If it was a fight in a ring with rules, there is no way you would beat someone that much bigger than you, unless you either had a head made of granite (like Mark Hunt), had bricks in your gloves (could throw some serious bombs), or were just so much quicker and better than them that you could avoid getting hit (would still need knockout power).

In a real fight on the other hand, if I had to fight them I’d just shoot them. Either that or use some sort of environmental weapon (say throw a hot cup of coffee in their face), then take them out as fast as possible (perhaps a strike to the throat like slimjim suggested, only then immedietly transitioning to attempting to rip their trachea out).

They’re big, but they’re still human.

But once again, without an equalizer you’re screwed.

Good training,

Sentoguy

real fight?

knife or collapsible asp baton

mma fight?

hope to god i could hit like mike zambidis

Man, tall guys are always a whore to fight. From a muay thai perspective what I usually try to do is get in as close as possible.

This obviously can have negative consequences because as you try to get close you have to watch that you don’t get hit. If you do manage to get in close uppercuts seem to work well, as do body shots, lots of body shots. If you can’t get in close then I would kick them over and over again in the same spot on their leg.

You have to watch out for their high kicks as well though, because they are so tall its easy for them to kick you in the head, so always keep the hands up. It doesn’t really matter how strong, fast, or how much experience you have, when you fight someone really tall its always a challenge.

Any one know who that guy at the end was, I think he’s possibly the ugliest person I’ve ever seen.

I’d fight them the same way a fight I witnessed in the locker room went down in high school.

Smallest guy on the football team (wrestler) vs. tallest guy on the football team (7’+ kickboxer with gigantism).

It didn’t last very long. Little dude leapt off a bench and put tall dude into a side headlock and then just hung off the guy’s head and neck with his entire bodyweight.

Tall guy’s arms were too long to land any decent strikes and after a couple minutes he tapped out.

So simple. So effective. So humiliating.

Nobody picked on little dude after that.

– ElbowStrike

Um, I wouldn’t. If it was sanctioned, I would be in the wrong weight class. If I fought one of them, I would be destroyed unless they knew nothing of grappling at all, then maybe I would have a chance. Maybe. If I was lucky.

Size matters too much in a fair fight.

If it were a real fight, go for the knees. Duh.

Kaoklai Kaennorsing, Just do what he does.
At 5’10 and 175lb he beat 6’5, 260 lb Alexey Ignashov. He also KOed Mighty Mo (290 lb).
Kaoklai lost a horseshit decision to Choi Hong-man (7’2 356 lb). Choi struck Kaoklai while he was on the ground on septarate occasions. Kaoklai was stopped twice from legally kicking Choi when Choi was off balance but not grounded.

He was then yellow carded even though he was the only fighter pushing the action. Choi is a Korean hero and the fight was in Seoul, you be the judge.
All fights available through youtube I’m sure.

its a matter of forcing ones strengths upon their weaknesses. Minowa and sudo have beaten much larger opponents in a very convincing manner, we have a 6’8 320lb guy train at our grappling club, against other big guys he does well, but against small guys he suffers they’re all over him transistioning quickly so he cant establish dominance.

When he first joined people had difficulty rolling with him, but they soon adapted too his size.

[quote]gotaknife wrote:
At 5’10 and 175lb he beat 6’5, 260 lb Alexey Ignashov. He also KOed Mighty Mo (290 lb).
Kaoklai lost a horseshit decision to Choi Hong-man (7’2 356 lb). Choi struck Kaoklai while he was on the ground on septarate occasions. Kaoklai was stopped twice from legally kicking Choi when Choi was off balance but not grounded.

He was then yellow carded even though he was the only fighter pushing the action. Choi is a Korean hero and the fight was in Seoul, you be the judge.
All fights available through youtube I’m sure. [/quote]

I just watched that. Bob Sapp was commentating, interestingly enough.

I do see your point though. K1 is full of BS.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Notice how they were all stand-up fights? You can stand and go toe-to-toe with something that much better than you… you’ll get killed (unless you have wicked punching power and can rush them).

But you can still get them on the ground and arm bar them or choke them out.

Or kick’em in the 'nads and then punch them in the throat… you can fight if you can’t breathe :slight_smile:

[quote]jjoseph_x wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

Notice how they were all stand-up fights? You can stand and go toe-to-toe with something that much better than you… you’ll get killed (unless you have wicked punching power and can rush them).

But you can still get them on the ground and arm bar them or choke them out.

Or kick’em in the 'nads and then punch them in the throat… you can fight if you can’t breathe :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Yea follow the bas rutten theory of ass kickery…

kick to the balls knee to the face

slam their head on the table

“DONT CHU DO DAATT… DANGADA DANGADA DANGADA”

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
gotaknife wrote:

All fights available through youtube I’m sure.

I just watched that. Bob Sapp was commentating, interestingly enough.

I do see your point though. K1 is full of BS.[/quote]
And it seems to be getting worse. Bonjasky v Jerome Le Banner last year had to be overturned by some panel weeks later. Nothing against the flying Dutchman but Le Banner won that fight. It is shit for the sport that these kind of shenanigans are allowed to continue.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

Yea follow the bas rutten theory of ass kickery…

kick to the balls knee to the face

slam their head on the table

“DONT CHU DO DAATT… DANGADA DANGADA DANGADA”
[/quote]

Yes! “I bounce his head on the table… ten times or something”