T Nation

MMA Fan Starting to Watch Boxing

Can any boxing fans recomend some all time classics from any era?

So far I have:

Can you top it?

No ward V Gatti, I don’t find that good, I find it stupid as fuck.

That was some serious sting and float.

Beautiful.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
No ward V Gatti, I don’t find that good, I find it stupid as fuck.[/quote]

How ironic.

Hagler-Hearns

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

How ironic.

Hagler-Hearns[/quote]

Yea… the only observation I was going to make was that if you think Ward vs. Gatti is “stupid as fuck,” you’re DEFINITELY an MMA fan…

Frasier v Ali

Any ray robinson fight you can find.

Leonard v Duran

James toney always entertains the shit out of me

Too many to know where to start really. If you like any of those let me know and I’ll think of more. Also depends on the style of fighter you like. I like guys like Ezzard Charles, Willie pep, etc. Not all action fighters, but supremely skillful.

Roy Jones v pazienza was amazing, I don’t know much about boxing but of all the fighters I have seen on the boxing channel he seems like the most perfect pugilist.

Audley Harrison seems like the worst.

I’m just getting into boxing myself, but Mayweather-Corrales is one I really liked. Floyd put on a clinic that night.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

How ironic.

Hagler-Hearns[/quote]

Yea… the only observation I was going to make was that if you think Ward vs. Gatti is “stupid as fuck,” you’re DEFINITELY an MMA fan…[/quote]

It’s the other way round. Every “MMA fan” I know, even the guys with passing knowledge of it, and non of boxing, loves that fight.

I think what he was trying to say is that Gatti - Ward were not very technical affairs, and he’d be right. It was an amazing spectacle, an all out war, but as far as displays of technical mastery there are better fights.

For the record guys I did not mean that in a disrespectful way to either fighter. Obviously to be a pro fighter you have to be immense and I am not trying to tarnish anyone’s name, except Audley Harrison who put me off boxing for years after watching him fight Williams :D.

I just personally do not get how anyone could enjoy that fight from a boxing fans perspective, they just get hit and hit and hit, it seems like people who idolise ward and Gatti are just looking for a scrap or street fight rather than a masterful display by the likes of Roy Jones, Ali before he got banned for those years, I also like watching prince Nas, I hear he is making his Heavyweight comeback soon!

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
I think what he was trying to say is that Gatti - Ward were not very technical affairs, and he’d be right. It was an amazing spectacle, an all out war, but as far as displays of technical mastery there are better fights.[/quote]

I loved it because look at the heart they showed in those fights. I respect that ability to keep going even when your entire body is numb from pain.

Look up Gamboa to for an exciting fast fighter.

not sure what that has to do with boxing. I saw a karate guy in there that was just silly than I stopped watching.

Hopkins - Trinidad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfqXj9pvGA

Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim