T Nation

MMA Cycle

can anyone recommend any cycle for a mma athlete. Has anyone had positive or negative results in regards to athletic performance when on ?

[quote]Yargrev. wrote:
can anyone recommend any cycle for a mma athlete. Has anyone had positive or negative results in regards to athletic performance when on ?[/quote]

What kind of results are you looking for? Is it purely strength, or are you looking to put on mass as well? What level are you at regarding MMA?

just strenth mate. just amatuer level and train for the enjoyment of it. I dont wish to put on much mass at all. currently about 230 'ish. I have been heavier but it has been a negative to my conditioning

Stick with something like Anavar then. A lot of guys blast oral-only cycles, but if you don’t want the mass then there is little point doing anything other than Var. Var will give you the increased strength that you’re after with little gain in mass. It also has the added bonus of having little impact on your HPTA, so suppression is negligible.

Tone

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks. Its now just finding a price for it that wont kill me !!!

Trying to find the raw materials would be the way to go I gather ?

[quote]Yargrev. wrote:
Thanks. Its now just finding a price for it that wont kill me !!!

Trying to find the raw materials would be the way to go I gather ?[/quote]

Even in powder form, Var is still the most expensive steroid on the market.

I’d watch the Australian Customs if I was you. I’d recommend paper orals, even though they’re a little expensive, you’re guaranteed privacy.

Tone

[quote]Yargrev. wrote:
can anyone recommend any cycle for a mma athlete. Has anyone had positive or negative results in regards to athletic performance when on ?[/quote]

i believe there’s an article on T-Nation that focuses on MMA athete’s steroid cycles…i believe that the prefered compounds are a combo of test prop and EQ…Tren, however, being avoided as some people lose endurance fom it.

I have read that others have also had a problem with loss of conditioning from var as well. how about using OT as an oral-only? 30 mg /day to prevent too much mass? i know that is a relative statement but the guy seems like he doesnt want to gain much mas at all, just strength and conditioning.

[quote]trailer36 wrote:
I have read that others have also had a problem with loss of conditioning from var as well. how about using OT as an oral-only? 30 mg /day to prevent too much mass? i know that is a relative statement but the guy seems like he doesnt want to gain much mas at all, just strength and conditioning.[/quote]

There was a study that showed that Anavar can increase lung function and help heal wounds, which are two plus points for MMA fighters;-D Here’s the studies if you want to pubmed them:

Demling RH [b]Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, enhances the healing of a cutaneous wound in the rat.[/b] Wound Repair Regen 2000 Mar-Apr

Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine [b]Treatment with an Anabolic Agent Is Associated with Improvement in Respiratory Function in Persons with Tetraplegia: A Pilot Study[/b]- Volume 66, Number 3, Page 201

Since he is a fighter, I wouldn’t advise OT due to its fibrinolytic properties. This means that OT causes you blood to clot much more slowly, which is not a good idea if you are in the ring.

Tone

I train mma and I like OT. Haven’t noticed joint side effects at this point. I like a small amount 20-40mg/day. Var is okay but it shuts you down and messes with conditioning at times.

I also like small amounts of: masteron, equipoise or furazabol,
Primo is an option as is winny (if no joint sides are noticed)

But I think you’ll do fine off 20mg OT and then move up if you need to.

If in a phase where no fights are coming why not run single steroids.
Try Eq,OT, Mast, Primo, WIn, Furazabol and maybe even var and see what you like.

[quote]trailer36 wrote:
I have read that others have also had a problem with loss of conditioning from var as well. how about using OT as an oral-only? 30 mg /day to prevent too much mass? i know that is a relative statement but the guy seems like he doesnt want to gain much mas at all, just strength and conditioning.[/quote]

[quote]Scrappy wrote:
I train mma and I like OT. Haven’t noticed joint side effects at this point. I like a small amount 20-40mg/day. Var is okay but it shuts you down and messes with conditioning at times.
[/quote]

Scrappy,

How suppressive did you find Var? I took large amounts of Var during a Var-only cycle and had next to no suppression, so I’m curious to read more about your experience. I did experience bad back pumps at the 120mg level, but on lower doses I had no loss of condition. Which Var were you using?

Tone

Var’s I’ve used are:
RSOC
Dpharm
IP
Rphender
Old Searle stuff eons ago

I found that even with doses 40mg-80mg/day I noticed my conditioning kind of worsen and I noticed shrinkage.

I actually still have some and will try again.

Anyway, I try a lot of single stuff and really like OT by itself.

I don’t like suppresssion or complex PCT so I’ll mess with any of these alone:
OT, Masteron, Furaz, Win, Primo, Halo (never used it for long so can’t say it causes suppression or not)
Suppressive but still good for fighters
Equipoise (prop if possible) Test (prop)
Anavar

[quote]TONEdef wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
I train mma and I like OT. Haven’t noticed joint side effects at this point. I like a small amount 20-40mg/day. Var is okay but it shuts you down and messes with conditioning at times.

Scrappy,

How suppressive did you find Var? I took large amounts of Var during a Var-only cycle and had next to no suppression, so I’m curious to read more about your experience. I did experience bad back pumps at the 120mg level, but on lower doses I had no loss of condition. Which Var were you using?

Tone[/quote]

[quote]Scrappy wrote:
I found that even with doses 40mg-80mg/day I noticed my conditioning kind of worsen and I noticed shrinkage.
[/quote]

Maybe it’s an individual thing. I had no shrinkage at all. In fact my testicles were warm and dangly through the whole cycle[you’ve read it now, you can’t unread it!;-D]

Yargrev, you should maybe try Var yourself and see how your body reacts. For me there was no suppression (which correlates with most literature on Anavar), but Scrappy was suppressed (which goes to show that individuals can react to compounds in different ways). It may be an idea to have a PCT in place before you start just in case you react like Scrappy.

Thanks for the input. Ill put my pennies away for some var. I’m also gonna try to get hold saome eq as well I’ll let you know how it goes

[quote]Yargrev. wrote:
Thanks for the input. Ill put my pennies away for some var. I’m also gonna try to get hold saome eq as well I’ll let you know how it goes[/quote]

With the EQ run it at about 300-400mgs (though some people wear that 600mgs is the ‘magic’ amount). The Anavar should keep your appetite in check, as EQ stimulates most peoples appetites. You should make some nice solid gains.

Let us know how you get on mate.

Tone