MMA Conditioning (By Tim Credeur)

prommatraining.com/mma-conditioning-that-maximizes-fight-performance/

Tim Credeur
16-4-0
black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Rodrigo Medeiros
black belt in Judo

With a little ingenuity you can apply this across the board to nearly all energy systems. Short “tabata” style bursts, longer 30s on/30s off intervals, 1-3min alactic work, aerobic threshold work (20-40min using HR monitor).

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
prommatraining.com/mma-conditioning-that-maximizes-fight-performance/

Tim Credeur
16-4-0
black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Rodrigo Medeiros
black belt in Judo

With a little ingenuity you can apply this across the board to nearly all energy systems. Short “tabata” style bursts, longer 30s on/30s off intervals, 1-3min alactic work, aerobic threshold work (20-40min using HR monitor).

[/quote]
Yeah you can, if you read old verkoshansky articles or anything by Joel Jamieson then you can even plan this in a block approach. The easiest way is to go from gpp to spp. Or you can combine this training with your normal conditioning training and just uses a smarter approach with your drilling.

I have worked with Alan Belcher in the past. His Gym is very close to me. Maybe I could set something up sometime and get specific questions?

That’s pretty much how they train down at Alan’s. Tons of drills, and the instructors are good about making sure you aren’t just playing grab ass, that you’re really drilling it like you’re supposed to. If you want to get better at boxing, box. If you want to get better at wrestling, wrestle.