T Nation

MMA , Boxing Program, and Supps

Hey, i’m 18 years old, i have a brief lifting history, and im hoping to build my body up a bit, for boxing, and mixed martial arts type figting. I am in serious need of a routine, and i need guidelines. I am 5’9, 190 LBS. I’d like to build my upper body to take punishment, and deliver hard blows, Id like to have a nice strong and quick lower body. I need to be quick and devistating. anyone able to help me out, just post what you need to know in order to assist me, and ill answer.

also thinking of purchasing a stack of D-BOL and Winny and going on a 12 WEEK ALTERNATE MASS/CUTTING STACK - in the near future.

[quote]Dan1987 wrote:
Hey, i’m 18 years old, i have a brief lifting history, and im hoping to build my body up a bit, for boxing, and mixed martial arts type figting. I am in serious need of a routine, and i need guidelines. I am 5’9, 190 LBS. I’d like to build my upper body to take punishment, and deliver hard blows, Id like to have a nice strong and quick lower body. I need to be quick and devistating. anyone able to help me out, just post what you need to know in order to assist me, and ill answer.

also thinking of purchasing a stack of D-BOL and Winny and going on a 12 WEEK ALTERNATE MASS/CUTTING STACK - in the near future.[/quote]

i have been fighting/grappling for about 12 years now nad i will tell you the things that have helped me. to get the build you are looking for you want to train to be explosive and powerful. try some different olympic style lifts like power cleans, clean and press, etc, you can look those up on the web. you also need explosive shoulders. and for the legs you want to do kicking drills alot. thai kicks back as fast as you can on a bag until you can’t then do more same with knees. agility drills will do wonders as well. so you want to train like a wrestler/ fullback. hope this helps.

If you don’t:

• Take a multi-vitamin everyday.
  • Perform at least 3 strength training workouts each week.
  • Eat at least 4 meals each day, plus a post-workout shake.
  • Sleep at least 7 uninterrupted hours each night.
  • Have at least 2 dozen years of life behind you.

…Then any kind of roids will be, at best, a waste of money, and at worst, simply dangerous.

With that said, how long have you been working out, and what kind of routine are you doing now? Are you looking to add size as well, or are you trying to stay in a certain weight range?

[quote] Dan1987 wrote:
I’d like to build my upper body to take punishment, and deliver hard blows, Id like to have a nice strong and quick lower body. I need to be quick and devistating. [/quote]
Pretty much any program here will get you closer to those goals. Basic, old fashioned rules: compound exercises, a blend of free weight and bodyweight exercises (pull-ups, dips, whatnot), pretty heavy weights, pretty fast movements. Learning the Olympic moves and the powerlifts would be a good start.

Thanks for the input, im getting a new gym membership, and am gonna talk this stuff over with my new personal trainer.

lol, pic of my arm,… both are the same, lol and next is a pic of my tattoo form the front

tattoo

eye surgery is to come in the following year, hopefully, then i can start fighting

In that first pic, dude, your arm looks ginormous, but your neck is petite.

Just an observation, it could be the angle of the photo, but neck/trap training is an absolute essential for a fighter.

gotcha

Ya traps. shoulder shrugs upright rows touching your nose, shoulder shrugs on an incline bench with your chest resting on the incline bench. You need to develop your traps or you will be knocked out in your first fight. also squatwork. To parrelel. Dont do roids man, your 18 years old. MMA is hard enough on your joints without worring about steroids on top of that. You want to beable to walk when your 50 dont you?

PS dont do roids.

thanks for the info

Find a good MMA gym and train for awhile. If you are good enough they will invite you to join the fight team…then your set.

ill be scouting

where do you live? I can find out schools in your area that are legit. Some are a whole lot better than others. I have trained on and off for mma for some time, I can give you some ideas for preparing your body for the intensity of training you will partake in, and also full blown workout ideas.

dan1987, please, please, please do not take steroids at your age. i know you are gonna’ do what you wanna’ do, but you have to understand something. right now your body is producing optimal hormones for muscle building. in fact, you got another ten years of optimal muscle building. if you take steroids you can shut your balls down to the point where they don’t work right ever again. do the math brother,ten years of muscle building versus three months of steroids??? jack your shit naturally for now. i’ve personal trained too many guys who started out like arnold during a mad cycle and ended up like fucking martha stewart end cycle. i’ve got nothing to gain or lose brother, so do the math.

I live in Wallingford Connecticut 06492