MMA and Weights

First of all English is my second language so sorry if my grammar is not that clear.

I’ve been doing weight lifting 4 almost 2 years and I work my chest, biceps, triceps and back twice a week. I know some of you would say it’s over but I feel that it’s the best for me I don’t know my body gets smaller and not pumped when I rest for more than one day.

I do Kyokushin karate and bjj 3 times a week both of them and also trying to go to the gym 5 times to 6 a week. I just don’t know why people would say it’s over just tell me why and why does my body is pumped the whole week if I sticked in this workout??? now my weight is getting lower and my body is getting smaller it’s like I’m losing muscles or something but what should I do, should I stop eating clean food that much or should I add some full cream milk or pasta and stuff cause white eggs and brown rise won’t do any thing.

Kyokushin and bjj are like 2 hours of cardio every day so that might be the reason why I’m losing some weight but what should I do??? So I don’t lose weight but add more weight and gain muscle? Any suggestion?

Yes, that is too much. Soon you are going to wake up one day and not feel like getting out of bed for a week. You are going to burn yourself out.Also, why don’t you train your legs? Squats and deadlifts are the two most important exercises you can do for mma in my opinion.

It would be hard for you gain weight if you do that much cardio. And just because you might be getting smaller doesn’t mean it is your muscles, it could be fat. It’s probably all in your mind.

I would suggest some sort of a 5 set 5 rep program. There are plenty of ideas you can get for them on the internet. Try some out and see what works for you.

Mine is
Mon- Squat, Bench and Chins
Wed- Deadlifts, Overhead press and shrugs
Fri- Same as Mon

You’re in a tough position. It is VERY hard to keep a bodybuilder-like build while doing bjj.

If you are losing weight, then up your calories. Eat 500 more kcals every day for a week. Monitor your scale weight. If you still lose weight, eat 500 more kcals a day.

You’re burning so many calories that food selection doesn’t matter as much. So eat some non-clean foods. You’ll be fine.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
You’re in a tough position. It is VERY hard to keep a bodybuilder-like build while doing bjj.

If you are losing weight, then up your calories. Eat 500 more kcals every day for a week. Monitor your scale weight. If you still lose weight, eat 500 more kcals a day.

You’re burning so many calories that food selection doesn’t matter as much. So eat some non-clean foods. You’ll be fine.[/quote]

Thats for sure. I eat 4000 cals a day of clean food, then I do the see-food diet for the rest (approx 1000 extra). I have trouble keeping my weight up let alone gaining any muscle or fat.

Yeah you might be true that I’m over training, but I might only do chest, biceps, triceps and forearms twice a week. Why do you think that 5X5 is the best for me? can you give me a name of a program plz that you suggest most of them are like only 3 ex. for chest and 2 for biceps.

I didn’t really know that it’s hard to gain muscle while doing Bjj while some of the pro mma fighter?s workouts 6 days a week and I still see some muscle gaining.

I do squats and dead lift once a week.

I might can hold my weight I just found out that I’m still 78 but I look 75 it’s like the muscle is not pumped or it’s like sleeping I don’t know how to explain it

I do squats and deadlift once a week.

I might can hold my weight I just found out that I’m still 78 but I look 75 it’s like the muscle is not pumped or it’s like sleeping I don’t know how to explain it