Yankees vs Astros

ALDS:

Rangers vs Blue Jays

Royals vs Yankees/Astros

NLDS:

Mets vs Dodgers

Cardinals vs Pirates/Cubs

Thoughts? Predictions?

Blue Jays are going to be tough, and i wouldn’t mind seeing a “bird” series, Jays v cards.

Want the cubs, yanks, and mets to lose so i dont have to listen to the media and their insufferable fans carrying on

Will be following the Dodgers, Rangers, and Blue Jays closely…for reasons obvious from my avatar.

Shit, i posted in the other thread and didn’t see this one. My predictions are…

Wildcard
Astros over Yankees
Cubs over Pirates

Divisional
Royals over Astros
Blue Jays over Rangers

Dodgers over Mets
Cubs over Cardinals

LCS
Blue Jays over Royals
Dodgers over Cubs

World Series
Blue Jays over Dodgers

I think the Cubs are playing great and it’s a shame that the second and third best team in baseball have to play each other in a one game elimination.

I think the Cubs take care of the Cardinals. With the Cardinals out, that gives the Dodgers the NL. Kershaw doesn’t have to worry about getting lit up by them anymore.

I like the Blue Jays in the AL. Their offense is crazy good and I think Price will actually have a good postseason this year.

I don’t like the Royals that much this year. Their starting pitch has not been very good this year and their bullpen has had to pay for that.

I’m not going to make any predictions and just enjoy the fact the Blue Jays are in the post season for the first time in 22 years.

I will say this though. Aside from the stars on the team that get all national spotlight, many of the role players are having career years.

Marco Estrada - was projected to be long relief and had a terrible 2014. He has a top 5 ERA in the AL

Kevin Pillar - projected as a 4th outfielder at best… his CF defense has been so good and he’s hit enough to post a 4 fWAR (that’s on par with Jose Bautista’s worth this season)

RA Dickey - terrible in 2013, terrible in 2014, and terrible from April-May 2015. But he’s been excellent since june 2015 to present.

Ben Revere - Since coming to the blue jays he’s been incredible

Roberto Osuna - a 20 year old rookie who has been a lights out closer

Brett Cecil - He’s been lights out reliever too

Justin Smoak - If you remember this is the guy the Rangers gave up for Cliff Lee when they went to the World Series in 2010. He’s basically been garbage his whole career but is having an up year in a platoon role with the blue jays

Anyways there aren’t any real needs on this team but in a 5 game series anything can happen.

Also I’m surprised everyone in this thread isn’t behind the Cubs?

Was expecting the guys whose teams are out to get behind them

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Also I’m surprised everyone in this thread isn’t behind the Cubs?

Was expecting the guys whose teams are out to get behind them[/quote]

I’m jacked as all hell the Cubbies are in the playoffs…with legitimate abilities to win some playoff games. I just don’t think they will compete with the big gun teams, i.e. Jays, Dodgers, Cards, Rangers.

Of course, could be completely wrong, and would love to see them make a serious push to the WS. It’s finally time for Cub fans to be legit amp’d up…much like Sox fans in 2004.

Going for the jays had a chance to see them play this year their roster can be also used as an all star team. Their bats are on fire and they have a deep bull pen. I am liking them to take it all!!!

RIP 2015 Yankees Season

Honestly I’m surprised they made it this far. I was expecting them to crash and burn sometime in the season.

I’m hoping the Bucs can hang a pair on Arrieta tonight. If that happens, and Alvarez and Ramirez can play mistake-free defense, I think Pittsburgh wins. Those are a lot of “ifs” though, so if I had to put money on it, it would be on Chicago.

I’m 2 for 2 so far. Arrieta was a stud again. He had a couple of great double plays to get him out of a few jams. I’m no fan of either team, but I think that was jacked that the Pirates intentionally beamed Arrieta. The guy obviously wasn’t trying to hit anybody and you don’t go and throw at the star pitcher on the other team. It was great to see him steal second after the benches cleared. Cubs and Cardinals should be a killer series.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I’m 2 for 2 so far. Arrieta was a stud again. He had a couple of great double plays to get him out of a few jams. I’m no fan of either team, but I think that was jacked that the Pirates intentionally beamed Arrieta. The guy obviously wasn’t trying to hit anybody and you don’t go and throw at the star pitcher on the other team. It was great to see him steal second after the benches cleared. Cubs and Cardinals should be a killer series.[/quote]

Yeah, it made no sense for Tony Watson to hit Arrieta. That was a stupid, bone-headed move. If you wanna hit someone in retaliation, you hit the other team’s 3 or 4 hitter. That achieves two goals: (1) send the message, (2) take a potentially dangerous hitter’s bat out of his hands. I was happy to see Chicago’s reserved and (relatively) professional handling of the benches clearing. No Cubs players were pushing the envelope or escalating. The Pirates, on the other hand…dayum. Especially Rodriguez. Somebody should test him for roid use, sheesh.

Arrieta stealing second was baller, too!

You absolutely hit Arrieta. The guy was dominating, hit 2 of your guys (one of which was ok, the pitch to cervelli was not) and now this guy has to bat? In a win or go home game, you hit him in the hip everytime, and that’s one of the great things about the national league; pitcher accountability.

As annoying as the cub fans are, im never sad to see a shittsburg team lose.

To be honest, I don’t get why the Pirates would want to hit anybody on the Cubs when they were down. Why put a baserunner on when they were down by 3 or 4 at that point. Arrieta then stole second and the next batter almost drove him on a ball that almost landed for a hit. It just felt like the Pirates were conceding, like fuck it, we give up.

On another note, the Blue Jays were the team most people picked to go all the way and they are almost toast. David Price is doing what he does best in the postseason, lose.

Cubs won. Just sayin.

Guys I’m absolutely dying right now.

I can’t believe the Jays just won the most ridiculous game ever.

I recommend you all watch the recap. INSANE

Let’s go blue jays!!!

So far so good in the divisional series. 3 for 3. I think the Dodgers take it tomorrow with Greinke pitching.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I cant believe the Ranger got a free run, and then kick the ball around the next inning. Unreal game.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I cant believe the Ranger got a free run, and then kick the ball around the next inning. Unreal game. [/quote]

From a purely entertainment factor the game was great, but from a baseball “purist” standpoint it’s really not what you want to see.

Playoff teams are supposed to be well oiled machines locked in battle until until one makes a small but critical mistake and loses the game.

This was bush league. Russell Martin is the 2nd best overall catcher in either league next to Posey and a top 3 defensive catcher overall.

A win is a win, but I’d rather not see Elvis Andrus botch 2 routine plays and Mitch Moreland make an errant throw.

Anyways, the ALCS will be a great series. These two teams already hate each other.