T Nation

MLB 2012: The Postseason Edition

The old one ran out of space. Proceed.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/mlb_2012?id=5021206&pageNo=44#bottom

2-0

Hopefully we can get it done it Detroit.

I live roughly 1 1/2 hours NE if Detroit. The weather for the next few days is going to be fucking miserable here. Huge system moving in.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
I live roughly 1 1/2 hours NE if Detroit. The weather for the next few days is going to be fucking miserable here. Huge system moving in.

[/quote]

I was worried about that. It will be interesting to see how a west coast team handles it. San Francisco gets a little chilly, but nothing like what they’re going to feel back there…

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[/quote]

I was worried about that. It will be interesting to see how a west coast team handles it. San Francisco gets a little chilly, but nothing like what they’re going to feel back there…[/quote]

It’s been pretty warm leading up to this. It takes a few days to get used to it so I bet it’ll feel equally shitty for both teams, west coast or no.

The scenario I hear from some experts to go Detroit’s way is:

Detroit hits much better against righties, they have the DH back, they’re undefeated at home in the playoffs. They have to take game 3 tonight. Can’t go down 3-0.

Scherzer has been pitching well of late, so he takes game 4 against Cain.

There’s no way Verlander will lose 2 in row, especially against Zito. Cliff Lee had a bad game 1 against the Gs 2 years ago, then pitched well his second start, though he lost. And what’s the odds of Zito pitching 3 very good games in a row? Detroit takes game 5.

Detroit goes back to SF with a 3-2 lead.

[quote]fnf wrote:
The scenario I hear from some experts to go Detroit’s way is:

Detroit hits much better against righties, they have the DH back, they’re undefeated at home in the playoffs. They have to take game 3 tonight. Can’t go down 3-0.

Scherzer has been pitching well of late, so he takes game 4 against Cain.

There’s no way Verlander will lose 2 in row, especially against Zito. Cliff Lee had a bad game 1 against the Gs 2 years ago, then pitched well his second start, though he lost. And what’s the odds of Zito pitching 3 very good games in a row? Detroit takes game 5.

Detroit goes back to SF with a 3-2 lead.[/quote]
You’re forgetting the biggest factor of all though.

The Giants play better baseball than Detroit and they’re a better team, period. They are better in every fundamental aspect of the game than the Tigers other than hitting for power. And the guy pulling all the strings for them, Bochy, is the best manager in the game. I’d be shocked if the Tigers win a single game in this Series.

Oh my God. That double play that Vogelsong just induced was HUGE!! The crowd was going fucking ballistic, runners on first and second with one out and Miguel Cabrera in the on-deck circle and Vogelsong gets a first pitch groundball for two outs to end the inning.

Wow. Lincecum looks unfuckinghittable right now. I notice he’s been throwing out of the stretch exclusively this entire postseason, except for during his one start, even with no one on base.

He used to do that from time to time during his two Cy Young seasons. If he struggled out of the windup early during a game, he would just go to the stretch for all of his pitches and he was still dominant.

I know a lot of people will say that this means he should just be throwing in relief instead. And why wouldn’t they? He looks good out of the stretch, although I don’t know why he hasn’t gone to it much at all during his starts the last two years or so. He’s throwing well in the relief role and he’s now thrown in the 8th as a setup man, although he pitched his way there from the 6th, he’s come in with big leads and when behind.

But I think what this really says about him is that his problems are mostly from a mechanical issue of some sort. I don’t really know what specific problem it could be since he has so much going on at once. It could be very, very slight tweaks that he needs to make in several areas or it could be a major tweak in one area. Regardless, I think it just shows that he has some issues out of the windup that have translated to the stretch during the year and I think he has solved it by simply throwing out of the stretch so that the windup is not used and thus cannot have a negative carryover to his motion with runners on base.

3-0 with Matt Cain heading to the hill. What more to say?

Drunk as fuck right now at a Halloween club party. Just took a picture of a guy dressed up as Brian Wilson, will post once sober.

[quote]on edge wrote:
3-0 with Matt Cain heading to the hill. What more to say?[/quote]

Giants in 4?

Fucking don’t let Detroit in the World Series again. Swept by the Cardinals and then most likely swept by the Giants. What a dud of a series.

Check this guy from last night

Noticed the back was different as I was Riding off in a cab

Final-fucking-ly Detroit

Christ this has been an abysmal WS to watch for neutral fans

Say what you want about Brandon Crawfords bat, the guy can really play the field. Night and day watching Crawford and Peralta

The anti-Semite does it again… Delmon Young

Tigers are running out of time. Their bullpen is terrible, if they don’t score in the next couple of innings they’re done

And right on cue the Giants score in extras.

Congrats Giants, congrats DB