T Nation

MK-677/Ibutamoren


#1

Anybody here see much about this or try this out yet?

i've been keeping on eye on this, and the results seem impressive, maybe even more effective than the GHRP's. seems more cost effective, too.

for those that don't know what this is, it's the orally active GHRP that has been rumored for a while...

36% increase in IGF-1 in 14 days: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.83.2.4551

In Alzheimer patients, IGF-1 increased 60% in 6 weeks and 72% in 12 months: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19015485

In young subjects (18-30), MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo ( in 14 days). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9349662

Effects on body composition:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757071/

A couple studies showing it increase bone density in older/elderly:


Any Peptides/SARMs Worth It?
Mk677
Hgh Advice... Low IGF and Overwhelmed.
Trying CJC-1295 with Ipamorelin
Any Peptides/SARMs Worth It?
Any Peptides/SARMs Worth It?
#2

from what i’ve read, it seems that 25 mg/day is the normal dose, and several users bumped the dose higher and didn’t see much of an increased effect, if at all.

several guys recommend taking a day or 2 off during the week, as well. i’m not sure how that matters, though…


#3

Never heard of it before but from the studies it seems legit. Interesting…

Too bad it does shit for slowing the progression of Alzheimers.


#4

[quote]Steez wrote:
Never heard of it before but from the studies it seems legit. Interesting…

Too bad it does shit for slowing the progression of Alzheimers. [/quote]

yeah, it might be more effective if one was on it earlier, too.

Selegiline (L-Deprenyl) seems to show some promise wtih AD, Parkinson’s, etc…


#5

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:
Never heard of it before but from the studies it seems legit. Interesting…

Too bad it does shit for slowing the progression of Alzheimers. [/quote]

yeah, it might be more effective if one was on it earlier, too.

Selegiline (L-Deprenyl) seems to show some promise wtih AD, Parkinson’s, etc…[/quote]

Also with Parkinson’s, Mucuna Puriens show promise as well. Saying the natural occuring L-Dopa has advantages over the conventional methods. Selegiline delays the use of L-Dopa during later stages of the disease. Well as they proclaim.


#6

doesn’t long term dopamine agonist use have it’s own negative effects though? Depression and such?


#7

[quote]Yogi wrote:
doesn’t long term dopamine agonist use have it’s own negative effects though? Depression and such?[/quote]

i dunno… i’ll have to look into it.


#8

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
doesn’t long term dopamine agonist use have it’s own negative effects though? Depression and such?[/quote]

i dunno… i’ll have to look into it. [/quote]

please do and report back


#9

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
doesn’t long term dopamine agonist use have it’s own negative effects though? Depression and such?[/quote]

i dunno… i’ll have to look into it. [/quote]

please do and report back[/quote]

i really haven’t been doing too much reading into this, but from what i’ve seen, dopamine agonists seem to work pretty well in depression. (apparently prami’s been studied for that, as well )

i think people run into trouble when they raise dopamine too much with something like amp, cocaine, etc…


#10

I took my 6th dosing of this earlier this morning (dosing every morning upon wake). Healthy 25 year old male. I messed up the dosing on the first day and took 35mg, so I’ve kept the dose at that. Weighed 200.4 at time of first dosing. I am dosing every day, because that was the protocol in all the studies I have seen. Mainly bought this just to try it out because I want to run it during my PCT. I’m going to be starting a cycle in a few weeks, and I may run MK677 all the way until I’m done with PCT (6 months total mk677) because of it’s anti-catabolic effects. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467534

I’ve noticed an increased appetite throughout the day since I started taking it, but that’s the only effect I can say it’s had for sure. I didn’t get an onset of hunger as some people described, more of just a constant urge to snack throughout the day. I haven’t felt any tingling of hands of flushing of the face or anything like that. My muscles may have started feeling fuller after a day or two, but that could be for a lot of reasons. After my first dose I got some symptoms of low blood sugar, mainly the feeling of weakness in my legs, but it only happened on the first dose.

Also ordered some tb500 that should be arriving today, will be doing 5g a week for 4-6 weeks, and then 5g a month after that. Trying to heal up some injuries.


#11

noticed much water retention?


#12

how’s your sleep? notice anything there?


#13

[quote]Yogi wrote:
noticed much water retention?[/quote]
No not particularly, but maybe a little bit. Might have more insight to this after I get my weight tomorrow morning (tomorrow is the 1 week mark). I finished loading creatine around 1.5 weeks ago which could also have caused some recent water retention

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
how’s your sleep? notice anything there?[/quote]
I have noticed better sleep since starting the MK-677, but I also take melatonin and ZMAs every night before bed (been doing this for a while though, the MK-677 is the only variable recently introduced). Since starting the MK-677 I wake up feeling more well rested, maybe like I was moving around less in my sleep or something. I don’t normally have too much trouble falling asleep, but I normally wake up several times throughout the night. On the MK-677, its like I am asleep for much longer before I wake up that first time, I wake up fewer times, and it seems like the time I am sleeping it is a deeper sleep.

I would have started a log but I wasn’t sure the effects would be worth logging.


#14

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
noticed much water retention?[/quote]
No not particularly, but maybe a little bit. Might have more insight to this after I get my weight tomorrow morning (tomorrow is the 1 week mark). I finished loading creatine around 1.5 weeks ago which could also have caused some recent water retention

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
how’s your sleep? notice anything there?[/quote]
I have noticed better sleep since starting the MK-677, but I also take melatonin and ZMAs every night before bed (been doing this for a while though, the MK-677 is the only variable recently introduced). Since starting the MK-677 I wake up feeling more well rested, maybe like I was moving around less in my sleep or something. I don’t normally have too much trouble falling asleep, but I normally wake up several times throughout the night. On the MK-677, its like I am asleep for much longer before I wake up that first time, I wake up fewer times, and it seems like the time I am sleeping it is a deeper sleep.

I would have started a log but I wasn’t sure the effects would be worth logging.
[/quote]

interesting stuff…

how old are you, be the way?

i know that i’m very interested in hGH/MK-677/etc, as i’m getting older (almost 40), have a ton of injuries (3 surgeries in the last year) and am the fattest i’ve ever been…


#15

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

interesting stuff…

how old are you, be the way?

i know that i’m very interested in hGH/MK-677/etc, as i’m getting older (almost 40), have a ton of injuries (3 surgeries in the last year) and am the fattest i’ve ever been…[/quote]

I’m 25 and healthy. I was going to get GH bloods to try and see if the MK-677 was effective, but from my understanding the blood test wouldn’t be accurate and would just come down to whether or not I was experiencing a GH pulse at the time of the test or not. I’ve never used GH or the GHRP peptide combo so I don’t have anything to compare to. I’ve got some lingering injuries and this seems like it might be helping. I should be doing my first tb500 pin tonight though so I won’t be able to further attest to any injury healing effects the MK-677 may have


#16

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

interesting stuff…

how old are you, be the way?

i know that i’m very interested in hGH/MK-677/etc, as i’m getting older (almost 40), have a ton of injuries (3 surgeries in the last year) and am the fattest i’ve ever been…[/quote]

I’m 25 and healthy. I was going to get GH bloods to try and see if the MK-677 was effective, but from my understanding the blood test wouldn’t be accurate and would just come down to whether or not I was experiencing a GH pulse at the time of the test or not. I’ve never used GH or the GHRP peptide combo so I don’t have anything to compare to. I’ve got some lingering injuries and this seems like it might be helping. I should be doing my first tb500 pin tonight though so I won’t be able to further attest to any injury healing effects the MK-677 may have
[/quote]

did you take this in the morning, or night?

i’ve seen several people saying both…

another interesting study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467542


#17

I’ve been dosing in the morning soon after I wake up. This morning I spilled some and had to lick it off the bathroom counter. Pretty disgusting (because of the taste and because bathroom) but this shits expensive. Couldn’t find anything definitive to say if morning or night dosing was better.

I decided to start doing a 5 on 2 off protocol. At first I was hesitant to do this because none of the studies do, but I saw one study where GH levels were less elevated after 7 days of use than they were after 1 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467534. Tolerance also seems to be confirmed from that other study you posted regarding the obese people. Also figured I could make my supply last longer this way. The effect of increased hunger was much more pronounced after taking 2 days off


#18

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:
I’ve been dosing in the morning soon after I wake up. This morning I spilled some and had to lick it off the bathroom counter. Pretty disgusting (because of the taste and because bathroom) but this shits expensive. Couldn’t find anything definitive to say if morning or night dosing was better.

I decided to start doing a 5 on 2 off protocol. At first I was hesitant to do this because none of the studies do, but I saw one study where GH levels were less elevated after 7 days of use than they were after 1 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467534. Tolerance also seems to be confirmed from that other study you posted regarding the obese people. Also figured I could make my supply last longer this way. The effect of increased hunger was much more pronounced after taking 2 days off[/quote]

i think the 5-2 idea is a good plan… since this has a pretty long half-life, it might be easier to compare the side effects to actual GH vs GHRP’s.

how is the MK and TB-500 working for your injuries, by the way?


#19

This is what I’ve been running for the last couple weeks

MK-677: 35mg every morning, switched to 5 on 2 off last week. Today is second set of off days (plan on doing this for the next 3-4 months)
TB500: 2.5mg 2 times a week subq in abdomen (2 more weeks @ 5 mg/wk, then 5mg/month)
BPC157: ~500 mcg subq daily each knee into skin around patella (will run out this week)

Between these my injuries are all healed except for my left knee which still hurts a little. I’ve been able to continue training. I think it’s more the tb500 and the bpc157 than the mk677 though, because I started mk677 2 weeks before the others and didn’t notice much improvement. The bpc157 works wonders, inj before bed and noticed improvement the next morning.


#20

Do you think I should be worried I haven’t felt any numbness of extremities or anything like that form the MK677? The only thing I really notice is increased hunger

I may try a different source, but I need to confirm thay don’t use grain alcohol as the carrier, as I’m on probation and am subject to ekg testing.