T Nation

Mixing Supps

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give throw us a little advice.
I weight train 4 times a week, do boxing twice a week and run 3 times were week. I’m currently taking a protein after workouts and upon waking up but now I want to step it up a knotch. I’m about to start taking TRIBEX, jack3d, beta alanine supp and maybe even an Arginine supp (although I suspect it may have similar effects as the jack3d)

Good idea? Bad idea? Changes to that??

Why don’t you add 1 supplement at a time so you can tell what is working.

Beyond that you should put your goals down as well as supplements, one without the other is useless.

Also, your age since your looking at test-boosters

TRIBEX - don’t know
jack3d - sure
beta alanine - already in jack3d
Arginine - already in jack3d

I wouldn’t suggest adding extra beta alanine or arginine into the mix. If you haven’t used them before, especially.

[quote]mazz wrote:
I’m currently taking a protein after workouts and upon waking up but now I want to step it up a knotch.[/quote]
Notch.

Like JLo said, exactly what results are you trying/hoping to achieve? For example, if you’re looking to boost fat loss, those supps wouldn’t be good choices. If you’re looking to add muscle, they wouldn’t necessarily be my top choices. If you’re looking to increase your vertical jump with supplements, I think you’re nuts.

[quote]JLone wrote:
Also, your age since your looking at test-boosters[/quote]
Seeing as how he joined the site in 8 years ago, I’m hoping he’s at least 25 or so.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
jack3d - sure
beta alanine - already in jack3d
Arginine - already in jack3d[/quote]
Very good catch. No sense, or major benefit, to doubling up on those particular supps.

Thanx for the helpful tips guys. Some extra info, I’m 28, been pushing weights for 10 years. I have the nutrition and training side of things covered, just out of my depths with the whole supps game. I’ve always had decent size on me and have kept pretty lean, but the last 12 months I feel like I’m losing a little ground, Dropped some size, not as lean as usual and don’t feel as fit. Not sure if it’s age or my busy life, so just looking for something extra to help me get back to where I was - strong, lean, fit and wth decent size.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

TRIBEX - don’t know
jack3d - sure
beta alanine - already in jack3d
Arginine - already in jack3d

I wouldn’t suggest adding extra beta alanine or arginine into the mix. If you haven’t used them before, especially.
[/quote]
There isn’t enough arginine or beta alanine in jacked…the whole scoop size of jacked is around 5 grams, arginine intake should be around 5 grams (citrulline malate> ) and beta alanine 3-5 grams

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

TRIBEX - don’t know
jack3d - sure
beta alanine - already in jack3d
Arginine - already in jack3d

I wouldn’t suggest adding extra beta alanine or arginine into the mix. If you haven’t used them before, especially.
[/quote]
There isn’t enough arginine or beta alanine in jacked…the whole scoop size of jacked is around 5 grams, arginine intake should be around 5 grams (citrulline malate> ) and beta alanine 3-5 grams[/quote]

I completely agree with you, however, I would suggest that one try the proprietary blend first and then SLOWLY see where their tolerance lies. Some people just can’t take the beta alanine itch. Me, I love it. I also love lots of arginine but that is suited to my preference and tolerance.

I can hardly tell a difference when I add arginine into my preworkout, but I have a huge bottle of it so I just use it. I use alot of citrulline malate and I love it. Also, if you have the money agmatine gives me crazy crazy pumps.

I really hate beta alanine by itself feels like my face is going to ripe itself off. Also I dont see the point of taking different pre workouts most of them have like a ton of stuff in them anyways.

Supps I like high quality
ubiquinol 300mg a day
acetyl canritine 2/3 grams a day
Alpha GPC
DHA
mag malate/glycinate
chromium polyicinate
K2
shit load vit D
B vit complex
shit load of zinc (zinc cocktail picolinate citrate glycinate) get big wood off this at night started taking Rhodiola
Spike Shooter-love ths stuff
vit A sometimes

Bushel of raw kale/collard greens chopped up and pureed in blender, I drink it with a meal

[quote]krpv wrote:
Supps I like high quality
ubiquinol 300mg a day
acetyl canritine 2/3 grams a day
Alpha GPC
DHA
mag malate/glycinate
chromium polyicinate
K2
shit load vit D
B vit complex
shit load of zinc (zinc cocktail picolinate citrate glycinate) get big wood off this at night started taking Rhodiola
Spike Shooter-love ths stuff
vit A sometimes

Bushel of raw kale/collard greens chopped up and pureed in blender, I drink it with a meal[/quote]
lmfao about the zinc!! I take zinc and magnesium every night and I like it alot.