Mixing Creatine with Milk

OK, I’m starting my first cycle of creatine. I know when to take it, how often to take it, why and how it works. What i need to know is if taking with or close to when I drink milk neautralizes it? I know leaving it in water for more than like 15 minutes, or mixing it with acidic juices neautralizes it. I use milk in my protein shakes. So i need to know if when i take it, for example post work out, if the milk in my shake is killing it? Thanks for the help

I did find something online about lactose making it hard for anything to be obsorbed, which didnt sound right to me…then again it was yahoo answers where any douche can post and think its an expert.

Its not that serious.

dude, just get it in your system. Its not juice. wtf, how old are you

i’m 24, and maybe if you actually did some research you’d find that if you dont take creatine the right way, or with the right stuff its a total waste because it doesnt go into your system. You have to take it when you have an insulin spike and it has to latch onto proteins in order to get into your muscles. So its not a stupid question.

I appriciate anyone who posts good answers, but anyone whos going to act like an ass can save it.

Take 5g in the Morning

5g Pre Workout

5g Post Workout

5g on off days in the morning.

After 2 weeks, just have the 5g post workout.

And no milk.

First creatine cycle huh, be careful. Invest in a good AI.

[quote]altimus wrote:
First creatine cycle huh, be careful. Invest in a good AI.[/quote]

Hey come on, don’t you remember when you 1st cycled creatine :smiley:

I was gulping down 1 litre orange juice to spike my insulin and what not with what was MEANT to be Creatine Monohydrate XL !!!

Suffice it to say, i felt like a proper bodybuilder for weeks :smiley:

Have fun OP :slight_smile:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_creatine_controversy

lol thanks for the advice, so creatine with milk is a no go? whats AI?

Put it in a sock. Put said sock around your penis. Don’t massage it though, that’s just overkill.

For additional absorbtion improvement you can soak your balls in fish oil, 15 minutes on 10 minutes off, repeat.

LOL thanks i’ll try that

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Put it in a sock. Put said sock around your penis. Don’t massage it though, that’s just overkill.

For additional absorbtion improvement you can soak your balls in fish oil, 15 minutes on 10 minutes off, repeat. [/quote]

WTF?! Hahahhahaa

When I first used it… I remember I would make up a REAL sugary batch of coolaid… and keep it in the back of the fridge… it was my CREATINE TRANSPORT or whatever… my poor mum took a swig, and almost gagged…

Just take it man… get it in ya… Morning Pre, and Post… Good to Go.

[quote]mavrcksurfer69 wrote:
lol thanks for the advice, so creatine with milk is a no go? whats AI?[/quote]

No no milk, and as for AI come back when you have been training for 7 years or more and ask that

…then again it was yahoo answers where any douche can post and think its an expert.[/quote]

Sounds like the entire internet to me.

1 Like

didnt mean to be a dick. The best one i found was kre alkalyn, did wonders. Dont get your self on the cell tech and stupid stuff. As far as insulin spike goes, just disolve it in a little bit of grape juice.

dont worry about the wohle protein thing. And the sock this is only for the experts. Just if you want to see good improvement. Try a regular cycle of creating, Do some BCAA. Thats it.

THere were numerous studies that looked at two groups of people…

one group took the loading phase such as the 5g morning 5 before 5 during and 5 after workout, and then after two weeks went of 5g maintenance for however long.

sedond group just started and kept on taking the maintenace dose which varied 3-5g per day.

both groups saw similar results. It not a huge deal, i know you want to be perfectly informed, but i would spend more time on training rather than research about creatine. Its not a huge deal, just take it every day and you will see good things starting to happen.

Good luck, if you need help feel free to PM.

i’m 24, and maybe if you actually did some research you’d find that if you dont take creatine the right way, or with the right stuff its a total waste because it doesnt go into your system. You have to take it when you have an insulin spike and it has to latch onto proteins in order to get into your muscles. So its not a stupid question.

I appriciate anyone who posts good answers, but anyone whos going to act like an ass can save it.[/quote]

before you get all pissy with people “not doing research” maybe you shouldn’t be asking such a simple question.

take creatine with some kind of insulin spiker (aka sugar).

As far as acidic juice messing with creatine, do you not think your stomach acid is a bit more acidic than OJ?

Like T-Beast said, its not that big a deal brother. You just want to get creatine into your system with some kind of loading phase then a maintenance phase.

Creatine is really good stuff, The best supplement there is for me personally. But dont get caught up in the hype. Diet and training is still where it is at.

As far as the kre-alakalyn goes… its good stuff, but be careful. Ive taken it personally for a few runs but came across an article(I cant remember where) that basically laid it out for me. Kre-alakalyn is “ph-buffered/balanced” or whatever they call it. So, to do that they bump up the ph to 12. to 12… really harsh stuff for the stomach flora, intestines, and all that. harsh stuff. So use sparingly.

TAKE HOME MESSAGE- take the creatine, but dont forget about the things that really matter.

Some people say load. Some people say don’t. Either way just make sure to take it post workout with something that will facilitate upload. Other than that I have no suggestions.

Christopher

P.S. Wandering off to find a sock now…

I have been taking with all kinds of drinks for about 12 - 13 years.

It doens’t matter too much what you take it with.

I don’t think you will have any problems with milk but then again I don’t like training with milk in my gut.

I usually use water and or juice.

haha everytime i read someone say anything about the sock with creatine i crack up laughing haha i dont rememeber where i read that first, but its hillarious.

Does it work with protein powder? or is the extra cellular transport chain different and the intracellular receptors wouldnt recognize it…