Mixing Creatine + Carbonated Drink

Does anyone see a problem with mixing creatine and a carbonated drink??

Thanks.

No not really it may foam up or something. Plus I like mixing it in a hot liquid just dissolves easier/better.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Does anyone see a problem with mixing creatine and a carbonated drink??

Thanks.[/quote]

Where did you come up with this stupid idea? Carbonation will actually prevent the cratine from working as fast as it could otherwise.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:

Where did you come up with this stupid idea? Carbonation will actually prevent the cratine from working as fast as it could otherwise. [/quote]

Dear Smitty, I came up with this idea when I was in my dorm room and had nothing to mix with my creatine besides sprite, beer, and tonic water. Take your pick!

The creatine did fizzle in the drink at first but there wasn’t much of a difference when I was drinking it.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:

The creatine did fizzle in the drink at first but there wasn’t much of a difference when I was drinking it.[/quote]

Drinking it? what’s that got to do with how it interacts in your body? Carbonation DOES NOT help creatine, it slows it down.

Smarten up.

I just pour what looks like a teaspoon in the cap, pour it in my mouth and chase it with water.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:Carbonation DOES NOT help creatine, it slows it down.

Smarten up.[/quote]

Id like to know where you get this info the study, research etc. not that im saying carbonation in this case is great but it has been shown to speed uptake of many supps in other cases.

So just curious about the proof behind you very confident reply.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:Carbonation DOES NOT help creatine, it slows it down.

Smarten up.

Id like to know where you get this info the study, research etc. not that im saying carbonation in this case is great but it has been shown to speed uptake of many supps in other cases.

So just curious about the proof behind you very confident reply.

Phill

[/quote]

Common knowledge.

Carbonation has a slower absorption rate over other non-carbonated beverages. That would mean that any substance carried into the digestive track with the carbonated beverage would also be absorbed more slowly.

Why don’t you google it and see if I’m wrong.

But, when you find all of the articles that back up what I’m saying please post them. I’d do that right now but I don’t feel like it.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

The creatine did fizzle in the drink at first but there wasn’t much of a difference when I was drinking it.

Drinking it? what’s that got to do with how it interacts in your body? Carbonation DOES NOT help creatine, it slows it down.

Smarten up.[/quote]

That wasn’t in response to you.

What does the rate it’s absorbed at have to do with anything?

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

Smarten up.

That wasn’t in response to you.[/quote]

Then why did you quote me first before commenting?

Open your eyes.

What about carbonated beverages?
Again, no, infact many people enjoy their creatine in Lucozade.

Smitty, I havent found the tons of info backing up what you said on google but i did find that one site that seems to contradict your statement.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:

Common knowledge.

Carbonation has a slower absorption rate over other non-carbonated beverages. That would mean that any substance carried into the digestive track with the carbonated beverage would also be absorbed more slowly.

But, when you find all of the articles that back up what I’m saying please post them. I’d do that right now but I don’t feel like it.

[/quote]

well hey there yoda why would I want to do your job Im ask the master to enlighten us.

here heres one such quote on carbonated beverages and what they do to digestion.

[quote]
Carbonated beverages are often viewed as digestive aids because the gas from the carbonation causes distension of the stomach and intestines. This distension is sensed by the gastrointestinal (GI) system and causes an increase in motility–meaning the food that’s in the stomach passes through the GI tract at a faster rate.[/quote]

Oh another

HMMM many more where it came from as well

Gosh it seems they ALL say that carbonation aids digestion of not only the Co2 but the carrier as well as what comes along with it.

seems you "common knowledge is only common to you.

So I still ask jedi master where is this research that it slows the absorption of creatine.

Thanks,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:

Common knowledge.

well hey there yoda why would I want to do your job Im ask the master to enlighten us.

here heres one such quote on carbonated beverages and what they do to digestion.

Carbonated beverages are often viewed as digestive aids because the gas from the carbonation causes distension of the stomach and intestines. This distension is sensed by the gastrointestinal (GI) system and causes an increase in motility–meaning the food that’s in the stomach passes through the GI tract at a faster rate.

Oh another

The truth is, most CO2 in the beverage typically doesn’t reach the digestive tract. The amount that does arrive there is quickly absorbed. In the process, it also enhances the absorption of the liquid that contains it, which causes the gastrointestinal tract to empty at a faster than usual rate. This helps to account for the long-time belief, recorded as early as 1914, that carbonation can promote digestion and ease nausea.

Gosh it seems they ALL say that carbonation aids digestion of not only the Co2 but the carrier as well as what comes along with it.

So I still ask jedi master where is this research that it slows the absorption of creatine.

Thanks,
Phill
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up Phill. I guess my idea wasn’t so “stupid” after all.

Note to Smitty: Before you begin to insult someone’s intelligence, make sure you know your own shit first.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up Phill. I guess my idea wasn’t so “stupid” after all.

Note to Smitty: Before you begin to insult someone’s intelligence, make sure you know your own shit first.

[/quote]

Not a problem hope it helped,

Phill

Dear Smitty,
Next time think about what you’re going to say before you say it. That you have a chance to be in awe at what a complete dumbshit you are before making an ass out of yourself. And how would creatine absorbing a little slower effect anything? As long as it all got absorbed it wouldn’t change the effectiveness at all

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
What about carbonated beverages?
Again, no, infact many people enjoy their creatine in Lucozade.

Smitty, I havent found the tons of info backing up what you said on google but i did find that one site that seems to contradict your statement. [/quote]

Good for you, then always take your creatine with carbonation…you’ll be all set.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:

Common knowledge.

Carbonated beverages are often viewed as digestive aids because the gas from the carbonation causes distension of the stomach and intestines. This distension is sensed by the gastrointestinal (GI) system and causes an increase in motility–meaning the food that’s in the stomach passes through the GI tract at a faster rate.

Oh another

The truth is, most CO2 in the beverage typically doesn’t reach the digestive tract. The amount that does arrive there is quickly absorbed. In the process, it also enhances the absorption of the liquid that contains it, which causes the gastrointestinal tract to empty at a faster than usual rate. This helps to account for the long-time belief, recorded as early as 1914, that carbonation can promote digestion and ease nausea.

Thanks,
Phill
[/quote]

You shouldn’t be so smug, you’re wrong.

It’s not about digestion. It’s about “absorption.” If you were just about half as smart as you think you are you would understand the difference. When I have some time later on in the day I’ll try to point out exactly what I mean.

Um, after all it’s well worth it to enlighten all the teens and wannabe’s on an Internet message board right?

No wait, I guess it’s not.

Well we’ll see what sort of mood I’m in and go from there.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Phill wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:

Common knowledge.

Oh another

Thanks,
Phill

[/quote]

Smoochy, smoochy Phil. LOL

PUUUULEASE! If you had even a clue.

Like I said I might help you out later on if I have the time…take care sparky.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
You shouldn’t be so smug, you’re wrong.

It’s not about digestion. It’s about “absorption.” If you were just about half as smart as you think you are you would understand the difference. When I have some time later on in the day I’ll try to point out exactly what I mean.

Um, after all it’s well worth it to enlighten all the teens and wannabe’s on an Internet message board right?

No wait, I guess it’s not.

Well we’ll see what sort of mood I’m in and go from there.

[/quote]

No I clearly understand the difference in absorption and digestion. The only real problem from the studies ive seen is with larger particles such as protein etc. The increased digestion and of these may actually inhibit some of the absorption due to the fast exit of the gut. the acids emzymes etc dont have the time to work on them

With things such as creatine, many supps, herbs etc the fast digestion and crossing through the gut is a GOOD thing. these items then enter the blood fast need no further digestion from the emzymes and acids. It is creatine and such items we are talking about here and which I asked for some studies.

Again please show me I am always up for learning something. So please present the data. I mean with the attitude and confidence you used in stating your so called facts, or common knowledge you’d think youd have tons of references etc just spilling out you could easily access It took me less time than it did for you to type up those to replied then it did to find hundreds of abstracts stating your FACTS are false and make one post.

Looking forward to learning something when I come back to the thred after several hours,

Phill