Mixed Superfood in with Mag-10 Today

I always carry around a bottle spiked with Mag-10, especially when I’m dieting in order to prevent any unnecessary muscle wasting, but I did something a little different today. Usually, I’ll throw a scoop of Superfood in with my morning oats counting on the antioxidant properties to balance the stress I put on my body.

This morning though, I didn’t have any oatmeal, just a P+Veggie meal, and wasn’t really in the mood for any berry flavored water with it. What I found, was that one scoop of the SF, with it’s faint berry flavoring adds a nice little ‘mmmnnn’ to Mag-10 flavored with the Biotest Grape flavoring liquid. I’m actually holding myself back from downing it too quickly while at work, gotta last me all day :slight_smile:

Nothing really earth shattering here, but figured I’d share.

S

Hey Stu, are you using the old MAG-10 formula or New?

Still using the ‘old’ versions of MAG-10/Anaconda. I know that they’ve been reformulated, and it basically looks to me like they’ve been combined with SWF (I haven’t had a chance to actually check the posted labels yet though). Obviously this will be more cost effective for most people, especially with the larger sized containers. At the present though, mid-way through my latest contest prep, it makes a lot of sense being able to adjust my macros each day via individual products.

I’ll have to check them out once I get a chance. Are you using them already? What are your thoughts on any differences in effectiveness, costs etc.

S

Just tried it with cherry flavoring.

Not bad… but then, I find the Superfood taste to be pretty agreeable as is. For those who like to sip their MAG-10 throughout the day and would prefer a more “continuous feeding” of AO’s to go with it, this is a solid solution.

Stu, how much MAG-10 do you nurse throughout the day when cutting? I’d imagine it varies with where you are in your prep, but still curious.

Yeah, I’m not usually a berry guy, which is why I like to mix 1/2 berry with 1/2 orange flavoring for my ANACONDA, but the Superfood does have a very nice taste to it. My usual approach is to mix it in my oats with a scoop of the Banana flavor Metabolic Drive. Nice Banana-Berry thing going on.

As to my daily Jug-o-Mag, it does indeed vary a bit. I do always try to rely on food as much as I can, because although I do think MAG-10 can truly serve as muscle insurance while on a severe deficit, I genuinely like to eat, and my stomach is very quick to let me know when it wants food (On weekends, either the dog, or my stomach ensure that I don’t sleep in too late). However, the amount of actual cals and nutrients isn’t always what I’d like it to be, especially getting closer to a contest, and even more so on one of my lower cal/carb intake days. Those are the days when I’m seriously looking for some liquid to just stretch out and fill my empty stomach.

On days like that (or even sometimes when I’m not cutting), I can throw in up to 4 scoops of MAG-10 to nurse throughout my work hours. On other days, such as a higher carb day, when I’m eating a lot, and scaling back my fat and protein intake to balance everything out, I may only do 2 scoops and regard it merely as my beverage of choice for the day.

When Cat and I went away to Bermuda last summer, even though we had our choice of some serious good eats on board the ship, we were land bound most of the days, and I always had a thermos with me because I couldn’t count on how often we’d be able to eat. It really has become a daily staple for me the last couple of years. Cat didn’t even question it when we were packing to go away and I grabbed my gym bag loaded with a couple of MAG-10 bottles and some Metabolic Drive -lol - she’s a special girl indeed!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Still using the ‘old’ versions of MAG-10/Anaconda. I know that they’ve been reformulated, and it basically looks to me like they’ve been combined with SWF (I haven’t had a chance to actually check the posted labels yet though). Obviously this will be more cost effective for most people, especially with the larger sized containers. At the present though, mid-way through my latest contest prep, it makes a lot of sense being able to adjust my macros each day via individual products.

I’ll have to check them out once I get a chance. Are you using them already? What are your thoughts on any differences in effectiveness, costs etc.

S
[/quote]
This has turned me off to be honest. I liked the idea of being able to use them without carbs or with whatever else I chose to add. I hope they keep the old formula in some way.

New formulas?

[quote]JFG wrote:
New formulas?[/quote]

X 2???

[quote]trueblue316 wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
New formulas?[/quote]

X 2???[/quote]
Essentially the same as the old ones just theyve put carbs (Surge Workout Fuel I believe) directly into them. So you dont really have a choice to exclude carbs if you had wished to. I think this new formulation is more directed at Indigo-3G users.

Awesome response, Stu, thanks for taking the time with that.

And I definitely think part of every weightlifter’s dream is to find a girl (or guy) who is understanding/supportive of all the little idiosyncrasies that are part of our daily routine… so it seems to me like you’ve got yourself quite the catch there.

As posted in the other thread: