Mistakes You Have Made in OLifting?

not meaning to hijack the thread…

but do you reckon that advice might be better suited to short / stocky lifters? especially about being ‘over the bar’, i mean. i mean… it worked for Kono??

[quote]alexus wrote:
not meaning to hijack the thread…

but do you reckon that advice might be better suited to short / stocky lifters? especially about being ‘over the bar’, i mean. i mean… it worked for Kono??[/quote]

Stay over just means to keep the shoulders over the bar at the start and doing the first and second pull for as long as possible.

It’s suited for both short and long limbed lifters but long limb lifters. You don’t need to be hugely over the bar, just over by a few cm and keep it that way.

Koing

Keeping the shoulders tight, instead of loose, before hitting explode point.

Not pulling under as fast as humanly possible. Everything else is just details.

not getting training plates sooner.

Being scared of heavy weights and not having enough confidence. That in turn degrades technique. It’s taken some time, but I’m a lot better about not freaking out when the weight feels heavy off the floor.

Mobility and posture.

Getting these to adequate levels to enable you to achieve and maintain effective positioning throughout ROM is soooo important. Ive spent the last 7 - 8 months hammering my hips, ankles and shoulders. The days that i am loose, I lift better. The days that I am stiffer, efficiency is lost.

A flat / arched back at the start will usually mean a better position for the catch.

[quote] Mobility and posture.

Getting these to adequate levels to enable you to achieve and maintain effective positioning throughout ROM is soooo important. Ive spent the last 7 - 8 months hammering my hips, ankles and shoulders. The days that i am loose, I lift better. The days that I am stiffer, efficiency is lost.

A flat / arched back at the start will usually mean a better position for the catch.[/quote]

same here. Although I think the tight back is most needed at the explosion and the reversing of direction when you start to get under the bar. That’s when you put so much force that it might loosen up.

Having a sub par diet. You need a good balanced diet 95% of the time if you are pushing yourself. 50% won’t cut it.