Missing My Brother

[quote]hedo wrote:
Fightin

Hey man you sound like a good man. I like debating with you and your a fun opponent to argue with.

Nothing people say really matters except to say I am sorry for your loss. It’s hard to hear anything else past that.

I know your a younger guy but you sound like a your squared away. I am older with a few more miles on me so take this advice from an old salt. Stop the booze. It will lead to big problems. Control it, it can’t control you. You got to make that choice on your own time and terms but do it soon.

Hang in there. The lives of friends and family and comrades never die if you hold them in your heart and mind.

And to second what others said. It will get easier everyday.[/quote]

I appreciate this. As vicious as we get on them damn politics pages…

I’m workin on it. I’m sure you’ve been there. Its alot to deal with. But the one thing that bothers me most is that there seems like there was no reason. You fellas lose a guy in Iraq at least you can say (and I can say) his life was somehow laid down in the name of freedom. My boy dies out of nowhere, for no good reason. Thats the hardest part I think. But I appreciate the comments. And your comment about friends and comrades is one I won’t soon forget.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
hedo wrote:
Fightin

Hey man you sound like a good man. I like debating with you and your a fun opponent to argue with.

Nothing people say really matters except to say I am sorry for your loss. It’s hard to hear anything else past that.

I know your a younger guy but you sound like a your squared away. I am older with a few more miles on me so take this advice from an old salt. Stop the booze. It will lead to big problems. Control it, it can’t control you. You got to make that choice on your own time and terms but do it soon.

Hang in there. The lives of friends and family and comrades never die if you hold them in your heart and mind.

And to second what others said. It will get easier everyday.

I appreciate this. As vicious as we get on them damn politics pages…

I’m workin on it. I’m sure you’ve been there. Its alot to deal with. But the one thing that bothers me most is that there seems like there was no reason. You fellas lose a guy in Iraq at least you can say (and I can say) his life was somehow laid down in the name of freedom. My boy dies out of nowhere, for no good reason. Thats the hardest part I think. But I appreciate the comments. And your comment about friends and comrades is one I won’t soon forget.[/quote]

and stope the smokes dude…drink afew now and then…we all lose something special at some time, some more than others.

Hang in there.

Hey, man. I feel for you, dude. You are not alone. Check your PMs.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Appreciate all the responses. Its hard to talk about the shit and not feel like I am throwing a pity party here. I am just surprised by how much it affects me, and I write it out. It helps when folks read it.

[/quote]

Honey, you picked a good place to go for comfort. When my husband and I went through our loss a couple momnths ago everyone here was totally caring and supportive and sent me PMs and asked if there was anything they could do. Nobody can bring back dead loved ones, but it sure helps to know that they care.

I’m so sorry about the loss of your friend. Time eases the pain. It doesn’t get rid of it, it doesn’t hide it, but it helps. Eventually you find solace somewhere. And sometimes you still need a good cry or a night to get plastered. Just don’t let it run your life.

Doing something totally nuts might help, too. I changed my look and 2 months later I am considering a tattoo. Easy stuff by some standards but for those that know me well, they know it’s a big change for me.

It’s ok to cry and it’s ok to be sad and angry and everything else. Just be careful with the alcohol and smoking.

love,
Carrie